Top 5 Best Zoodle Makers 2021:
- Paderno World Cuisine 3-Blade Vegetable Slicer / Spiralizer
- Brieftons 5-Blade Spiralizer BR-5B-02
- KitchenAid KSM2APC Spiralizer Attachment
- The Original Zoodle Slicer
- Mueller Spiral-Ultra Multi-Blade Spiralizer
Did you know that zoodles can make your bones stronger?
No, it’s not a gimmick! Zucchini is packed with calcium, and it would be a good idea to add it to your diet. Aside from this, this vegetable is low in fat, has few calories, full of vitamin C and potassium.
And, is there a better way to consume zucchini than in the form of zoodles? Of course not; don’t be silly.
We know you like what you’ve read and that you want in on the action. Well, in that case, read the rest of the article. It’ll help you find the best zoodle maker for your needs.
5 Best Zoodle Makers In 2021: Detailed Reviews
Oh boy, people make all kinds of crap these days and try to pass it as a zoodle maker. Looking for a good spiralizer is a daunting task, and we wouldn’t want to go through it again!
After hours of browsing, testing, and not sleeping, we finally picked five of the best spiralizers. All you have to do is read on and choose the one you like.
1. Paderno World Cuisine 3-Blade Vegetable Slicer / Spiralizer – Best Overall
Paderno World Cuisine is one of the most popular spiralizers on the market. It’ll slice up your veggies in no-time and with minimal effort. If you want to learn what makes it so good, then don’t skip the following paragraphs.
The first thing that we’d like to point out is the three blades that enable you to cut different styles of noodles. The shredder blade will let you cut veggies into perfect spaghetti spirals. The straight blade produces long ribbons, while the chipper will give you thicker spaghetti.
Another vital thing is that the blades are made from stainless steel, as they stay sharp for a long time. The rest of the device utilizes ABS plastic, and it feels quite well-made. The entire spiralizer is dishwasher-safe.
Paderno’s spiralizer can store two blades in its removable storage tray. This feature is a space-saver and helps you keep all the parts in one place. It’s got suction feet that stick well to the surface, and release tabs for when you want to move it.
It’s an incredibly well-designed device, but it does have a few setbacks. Namely, the setup is quite hard and time-consuming. Also, the suction may fail when slicing hard vegetables like carrots or potatoes.
All in all, it is a versatile and affordable spiralizer which we’d recommend to everyone.
- Easy to operate
- Well-made and durable
- Three stainless-steel blades
- Efficient in cutting various vegetables
- Hard to set up
- Suction feet may slip when slicing hard vegetables
2. Brieftons 5-Blade Spiralizer BR-5B-02 – Most Versatile Zoodle Maker
If you liked Paderno’s zoodle maker, then you’ll be interested in this one as well. Brieftons BR-5B-02 is an excellent choice for those looking for versatility, good design, and overall quality. Let’s dissect it to see what it’s all about.
Versatility is one of the strengths of this model. It includes five different blades that’ll enable you to slice noodles of various shapes. What shapes, you ask? Oh, the usual – several thicknesses of spaghetti and ribbons.
They’re made from 420 grade hardened stainless steel, so they’ll last for some time. The blade storage area fits only two blades, which is kind of disappointing.
Briefton’s spiralizer is a great pick for beginners. The online guide that the company provides is beneficial in learning how to set up and use the device.
Speaking of use, the suction cup on the bottom gives the necessary stability and enables easier handling. However, it doesn’t stick well to every surface, and I suggest reading more about this issue.
When it comes to maintenance, all the parts of this zoodle maker are dishwasher-safe. They’re made from BPA free materials, so health-conscious buyers won’t have to worry about any hazardous chemical.
- Includes five stainless steel blades
- Useful guide videos
- The suction cup doesn’t stick to all surfaces
- The storage fits only two blades
3. KitchenAid KSM2APC Spiralizer Attachment – Best Electric Zoodle Maker
In case you’re not into manual zoodling, then why not check out an electric model? Meet KitchenAid KSM2APC, one of the best products for motorized spiralizing.
This device is an attachment for KitchenAid’s stand mixers, so only buy it if you already have a mixer. This zoodle maker makes peeling, slicing, and coring fruits/veggies very convenient. It is not only versatile but also made from quality materials, namely, premium quality steel.
The attachment is rather compact, so storage shouldn’t be a problem. It’s dishwasher-safe and generally easy to maintain. KSM2APC comes with six blades – three for spiraling and three for slicing. It allows you to cut soft and hard vegetables in several thicknesses and two shapes.
Now, a drawback of this product is that it can’t be used for slicing large pieces. This means that, if you want to make noodles out of a big zucchini, you’ll first have to cut it in half. Another issue is that it only works with KitchenAid’s mixers. Folks who already have a mixer will surely not want to buy another one.
KSM2APC is expensive, and that’s going to throw off some potential customers, no doubt. But, if you like what it has to offer, we assure you that it’s a high-quality product that’ll serve you well.
- Made from premium-grade steel
- Includes six different blades
- It can only be used with KitchenAid mixers
4. The Original Zoodle Slicer – Best Budget Zoodle Maker
Folks who like to keep things simple (and cheap) will be interested in learning about the one, the only, the Original Zoodle Slicer. This device might be overshadowed by more advanced models, but it’s still relevant, and now we’re going to talk about it.
As soon as you look at it, you’ll see that this spiralizer is very different from the previous models on the list. It doesn’t have a crank handle because you’ll do the spinning with your hand.
To clarify, you take the vegetable, press it against the blade, and cut it into spirals with a turning motion of your hand. Simple, right?
Now, the downside to this, besides the manual labor, is that it doesn’t fit large vegetables. Another con is that it only has one blade, so versatility isn’t one of its strong sides.
The slicer comes with a few accessories, including a peeler and a cleaning brush. You can wash it either manually or in the dishwasher.
Of course, a major appeal of this product is its price. It’s by far the cheapest zoodle slicer on the list, but you don’t have to suspect it’s quality, as this thing is pretty sturdy.
- Very affordable
- Simple to use
- No setup required
- Includes a peeler and brush
- Labor intensive
- Can’t fit large vegetables
5. Mueller Spiral-Ultra Multi-Blade Spiralizer – Best Large Zoodle Maker
Spiralizers can sometimes be messy. Juices and bits of vegetables scatter over the working surface, and it’s bothersome to clean it up. Mueller has figured out a clever way to deal with this, so read on if you want to find out what it is.
With Mueller’s device, the vegetables are sliced from the top, and they fall into a large container in the middle. The container is sealed from all sides, and nothing can get out of it. Once it’s full, remove it and empty it.
This model comes with four different blades, which, as we said, are inserted at the top of the slicer. There are two ways to cut the vegetables – by using a crank or by using your hand. It’s good to have a choice because one may be preferable over the other when it comes to certain foods.
The thing that concerns us about Mueller’s spiralizer is the build-quality. It’s mainly made from plastic and doesn’t feel very durable when you hold it. Another issue is that the manual isn’t very clear, and it may take some time until you get a grip on it.
- Very versatile
- Made from BPA free plastic
- It has a food collection chamber
- Questionable durability
What Is A Zoodle Maker?
A zoodle maker is a neat little device that’ll allow you to spiralize your zucchini, as well as other vegetables. It’s made from a combination of plastic and metal, and it can be either manual or electric.
These products have become quite popular in the last few years, especially among healthy dieters. Zoodles are seen as a gluten-free, low-calorie, low-carb, and overall healthier replacement for spaghetti, and many folks seem to love them.
What To Know Before Purchasing A Zoodle Maker?
Zoodle makers can differ a great deal. This means that everyone will prefer a specific type of this device over the others.
So, how do you find the right model for you?
You do that by reading about zoodle makers and their key properties first and then making your buying decision. Learn all about this in the following section.
1. Ease Of Setup
- The first thing that you ought to think about is the set up of the zoodle maker. Look for a model that isn’t complicated to put together. Ideally, a detailed manual or video should be included along with the product.
- Certain spiralizers come in one piece, so if you really don’t like assembling/disassembling, then check out such models.
- The functions of the zoodle maker are another thing that you need to consider. Some models only do spirals, while others can cut various shapes. If you prefer the latter, then you should find a spiralizer that has several different blades.
- Also, we advise you to find a device that can cut solid vegetables (potatoes, carrots, etc.) as it’s more versatile.
- If you’ve never seen a spiralizer, these things have narrow, pointy blades, which are pretty challenging, or even dangerous, to clean. Because of this, some manufacturers include special brushes to make the process easier. Look for those kinds of brands.
- Another option is to get a model that’s dishwasher safe. Sometimes, only certain parts of the zoodle maker are suitable for the dishwasher. Our suggestion is to look for a model that can be machine-washed in its entirety.
- When talking about storage, we’re mainly referring to storing accessories and removable parts of the maker. The holder for the blades and other components should be compact so that it doesn’t take up a lot of space in your, we assume, cramped up kitchen.
- Many models have the ability to store blades inside the device. Such a design is very handy as it lessens the chance of you losing any components, and it’s great to have them all in one place.
5. Blade Quality And Sizes
- The quality of the blades can mean a difference between a good and a not-so-good zoodle maker.
- The blade ought to be razor-sharp so that it can cut soft vegetables such as zucchini. A dull knife will squish the vegetable and produce ugly-looking noodles, or even worse – it’ll shred them into small pieces. You definitely don’t want that.
- So, what’s your best option?
- Stainless steel blades are a good choice, and most zoodle makers include this material. All you need to do is make sure that the model you’re buying has these blades.
- Aside from material, a good spiralizer should have several blade sizes. These are, usually, the spaghetti, fettuccine, and a ribbon cut, but some zoodle makers have more. This will give you a lot of versatility, and creative types will love it.
- Your zoodle maker should be as comfortable to use as possible. That sounds reasonable, right?
- Suction cups are the feature that makes the spiralizer’s use and handling significantly easier. They are attached to the feet or bottom of the device and make it stick to the surface, giving more stability.
- Another aspect that influences user-friendliness is how you slice the vegetables. Some spiralizers have a crank that’s turned manually, others require you to spin the vegetable while holding it in your hand.
- Accessories can always come in handy, and zoodle makers come with various kinds. Usually, we’re talking about a vegetable plate, peelers, brushes, eBooks, and so on. If you need such extras, it’s better to find a model that includes them than to buy them separately (duh!).
- Don’t be foolish and not check the warranty that the company offers. As we’re sure you know, a manufacturer who offers a lifetime warranty is probably confident about the product, which means that it’s high-quality. This will (probably) save you time, money, and frustration, so be sure to look for a good one.
All this talk made us crave some homemade zoodles! If you feel us, and we know you do, then why don’t you get yourself a spiralizer? By doing so, you’ll be able to enjoy healthy, delicious zoodles whenever you want. It’s truly living the dream, isn’t it?
Now, before we leave you, we’d like to do a short recap of our favorite zoodle makers from the list. Here we go.
The gold medal goes to Paderno’s spiralizer. The perfect balance of build quality, ease of use, and price is why we like it so much.
If you need something a tad more versatile, then you’ll want to look at Brieftons 5-blade zoodle maker. It’s a great choice for creatives who like to play around with food decoration.
KitchenAid’s KSM2APC attachment can make zoodling super quick and convenient. It’s the lazy person’s go-to solution!