Top 5 Best Yogurt Makers 2021:
- Instant Pot Duo Mini 7-in-1
- Cuisinart 1.5 Quart Frozen Yogurt Icecream Maker
- Euro Cuisine Yogurt Maker
- Euro Cuisine YM260 Yogurt Maker
- Dash Greek Yogurt Maker Machine
Don’t you just adore yogurt?
We know we do! Yogurt is awesome. Store-bought yogurt is amazing, but it can be a bit expensive in the long run, especially if you like to stock up on yogurt.
When it comes to delicious yogurt the best way to minimize your expenses is to invest in a yogurt maker. Owning a yogurt maker will be a subject of envy to many of your friends.
There are so many yogurt makers on the market, making it hard to choose. Thanks to us, you don’t have to worry about that – we’ve done the research for you and picked the best yogurt makers – keep reading to see our top choices!
5 Best Yogurt Makers In 2021: Detailed Reviews
1. Instant Pot Duo Mini 7-in-1 – Best Choice Overall
Instant Pot’s 7-in-1 is the best yogurt maker there is. Investing in this product means getting the most out of your money’s worth. This practical appliance not only makes yogurt, but it also serves as a pressure cooker, slow cooker, rice cooker, steamer, and warmer.
This clever kitchen piece of tech replaces up to seven kitchen appliances, saving time as it prepares dishes 70% faster. 14 automatic settings like soup, slow cook, steam, yogurt, keep warm and many more make the process of yogurt-making or cooking even quicker and simpler. It might be the perfect fit for your kitchen especially if your storage space is limited.
This model of yogurt maker is a best-seller, and we can see why – it monitors pressure, temperature, measures the time and adjusts heating or duration of food preparing as needed to prepare tasty yogurt on every try. This yogurt maker comes with a digital timer that counts down until your yogurt is ready and a vocal prompt to let you know it’s done preparing.
Instant Pot Duo comes in 3 different sizes: 3, 6, and 8QT, so you have a variety to choose from.
What made up our minds about this kitchen appliance being the best choice overall is the practical design and easy maintenance – the whole appliance is very easy to clean. Stainless-steel lid is fingerprint-resistant. Also, all accessories and components are dishwasher-safe. Practicality and simplicity of the design are one of the main reasons why this yogurt maker deserves the number-one spot.
Another point we wanted to make while reviewing this particular model is that many people experienced poor communication with customer service. You should take this into account if you’re serious about buying Insta Pot Duo.
- Variety of sizes
- Digital timer and automatic settings
- Practical and easy to use
- 6 additional cooking options
- Bad customer service
2. Euro Cuisine YM260 Yogurt Maker – Runner-up Pick
This is the product we felt is a good runner-up for our best choice. Elegant appearance combined with versatile options is what makes this product a great buy.
This particular yogurt maker can make up to 2 Quarts yogurt at a time. Another great thing is that you can make yogurt using regular or soy milk. The container is BPA-free and safe for use. This yogurt maker is simple in design, comes with a stainless steel thermometer, allowing you to check if the temperature for fermentation is just right. It is very easy to use and operate, making the process of yogurt-making a delight.
Although this is an easy-maintenance type of product, the container is not marked dishwasher-safe but is, reportedly, very easy to clean by hand. A large container is also convenient if you have a large family or just prefer to make enough for a few days, even a week.
YM260 yogurt maker has a timer on the side which shows how much time is left until the fermentation process is done. However, you cannot program this appliance to start at a different time. Another disadvantage would be the lack of temperature settings. Along with the appliance, you get a serving bowl and a cotton bag. This cotton bag can be used for making greek yogurt or cheese, giving you more freedom to experiment with this yogurt maker.
- Easy to use
- Large capacity
- No thermostat
3. Cuisinart 1.5 Quart Frozen Yogurt Icecream Maker – Premium Option
Cuisianart Frozen Yogurt and Ice Cream Maker is our premium, high-end choice. The elegant design of this product is guaranteed to compliment your kitchen. This variant doesn’t make yogurt in particular, but it does make frozen yogurt, a delicious dessert everyone loves and ice cream too!
The reason this wasn’t our top choice is that this is a luxury item, created to whip up desserts in no time. So, if you’re looking for an appliance that will make tasty frozen yogurt or ice cream in 20 minutes or less, this is the appliance you should add to the cart.
Making dessert never felt easier than with Cuisinart yogurt ice cream maker. The 1.5Qt container is quite large and easy to clean but isn’t marked dishwasher-safe. This product is a remade version and now comes with a mixing paddle that makes frozen delicacies in less than half an hour.
What is so great about this frozen yogurt maker is that the freezer bowl is double-insulated and doesn’t require the addition of ice. The container is easily locked and child-proof. The lid of the container is transparent and has a large opening which makes adding ingredients a breeze and a mess-free process. Leftover ice cream or frozen yogurt can be stored in the freezer.
Cuisianart frozen yogurt maker comes with a recipe book to help you craft some savory desserts. This is helpful if this is the first time you’ve ever owned such an item.
- Simple design, easy to use
- Different uses
- Freezer bowl eliminates the need for ice
- Makes dessert very fast
- Doesn’t make regular yogurt
- Not dishwasher-safe
4. Dash Greek Yogurt Maker Machine – Budget-Friendly Pick
Something to keep in mind is that you can choose the color of your Dash Yogurt Maker – it comes in white, blue, and pink – so it can’t go unnoticed sitting on your kitchen counter. Generally small in size, this yogurt maker is the perfect pick for a studio apartment or a storage-limited kitchen and as a bonus, all accessories fit inside the base for extra space.
This appliance consists of one container – makes up to 1.5Qt of yogurt. The manufacturer advertises that Dash yogurt maker can produce up to 2Qt of yogurt at once, but many customer reviews state that the container is smaller than that. This detail could be of use when deciding which yogurt maker to buy. If you prefer to stock up on yogurt for a few days or have a large family, this yogurt maker in particular might be the one for you.
Dash yogurt maker is easy to operate and clean. The preparation time is only a few minutes and in 8 to 12 hours, yogurt is done making. Auto timer, along with a digital display with push buttons, makes the yogurt-making process a piece of cake. Yogurt making takes 8-12 hours, depending on the time you set.
This appliance comes with BPA-free plastic buckets and lids (for storage), as well as other choices we picked. You also get a strainer basket to make Greek yogurt or cheese, allowing you to experiment more with this appliance. All parts, containers, and lids are dishwasher-safe. Dash yogurt maker is an energy-efficient model so it assures money saving.
There is a recipe book and recipe database access included to help you make yogurt from scratch. Adding fruit to your yogurt is delicious, but if you prefer consistent yogurt, without the fruity bits, you will need a good blender. We did the research for you, and here are our top tier frozen fruit blenders (you can make fabulous smoothies with them, too).
- Comes with many accessories, including a strainer
- Easy to use and clean
- Low energy usage
- The container is smaller than advertised
5. Euro Cuisine Yogurt Maker – Perfect Gift Choice
Euro Cuisine Yogurt Maker is the yogurt maker to buy to save up. Our budget-friendly option is guaranteed to save you some extra money, while you’re eating better-quality yogurt than before.
This product comes with seven 6-ounce glass jars and plastic lids. Creating up to seven different flavors at once will please all of your family members. Plastic lids are suitable for covering the yogurt containers and storing them in the fridge. And if you’re looking for a fridge to store your dessert in, here are our top picks.
On the side of the appliance is a timer helping you set a cooking time (up to 10 hours is perfect), and it shows how much time is left before you can enjoy your home-made yogurt. However, you can’t set the timer to make your yogurt later like other options we mentioned. There is an on and off switch on the side as well, giving you control of the process and an indicator light to let you know the appliance is working on your dairy product.
All plastic parts are made from BPA-free materials, so they’re perfectly safe to use. However safe, some customer reviews remarked that lids are not very tight and might leak, please take that into consideration if you plan to carry the jar with you. One more good thing is that all parts are dishwasher-safe, therefore easy to clean. The appliance itself is very easy to use and operate. Taking the price into account, this yogurt maker can be a perfect fit for your kitchen.
- Large capacity, up to 7 personal servings
- Dishwasher-safe containers
- On/off switch and indicator light
- BPA-free plastic lids
- Timer can’t be set to start making yogurt at a different time in the future
- Lids are not very tight and might leak
Things To Consider When Buying A Yogurt Maker
Buying a yogurt maker is considered an investment. Sure, you spend a pretty penny at first, but you will save quite a bit in the long run. A good yogurt maker lasts very long and will serve you for many years. Also, you gain control of the process – so, in the end, you will eat a better quality product, and spend less money. It sounds like a win-win situation to us!
Furthermore, there are a few different types of yogurt makers on the market. Reading this will help you find the right one. You have to keep in mind a few things to help you decide:
- The first thing you have to ask yourself is: how large do you need your new kitchen appliance to be? Will you be making yogurt for yourself only or for the entire family?
- These are very important details to remember because the market offers different sizes and types of yogurt makers. If you happen to buy one with a small container, making enough for a large group of people might be a hassle. Why? Because the magical process of fermentation takes quite some time, up to 48 hours.
- For example, there are yogurt makers with one large container or a couple of small containers. One large container might be more useful for a larger amount of yogurt. On the other hand, a couple of small containers allows you to make smaller portions when you don’t need much. Even better, it gives you the possibility of making a few flavors at the same time instead of one.
- Maintenance is a major thing to keep in mind. An appliance that is hard to operate or has a lot of parts to assemble is unappealing, considering yogurt-making already takes a lot of time.
- One more thing about maintenance is dishwasher-safe parts. Some yogurt maker containers are not dishwasher-safe. This can be a disadvantage for many people. Washing it by hand can be time-consuming and challenging, especially if you decide on a model with several containers. Some containers are very tricky to clean. Make sure you look for dishwasher-safe models to avoid buying an appliance that doesn’t completely suit your needs.
- Ease of use is one more thing to remember – if operating the appliance is simple, you’re guaranteed to use it for a long time. Few buttons and a clear instruction manual is something to look for. Pick an appliance that will provide you with delicious yogurt without trouble.
- A timer is a very important part of a yogurt maker. This built-in device will serve you as a guide. Setting it on shorter or longer periods of time will affect the yogurt consistency. Prolonging the process of yogurt-making will result in a thicker, creamier texture.
- Price is perhaps the thing that will influence your decision the most. There are so many yogurt makers on the market, with a very colorful price range. Some pricy appliances won’t serve you as well as some more affordable ones, so try to pick a yogurt maker that is just right for you and your wallet.
5. BPA-free Yogurt Makers
- Buying a yogurt maker labeled BPA-free is also a factor to consider. BPA-free materials mean that the containers are made with a plastic safe for humans. BPA, short for Bisphenol-A, is a chemical used for fabricating reusable plastic products such as kitchen containers or bottles. BPA has supposedly had an effect on human health, especially children. So, you should check the description for a BPA-free label.
6. Built-in Cooler
- Yogurt has to chill for a few hours before it’s served. Some yogurt makers come with a built-in cooling system. This system is very convenient, as it cools your product down automatically after fermenting. Another advantage is that less amount of work has to be invested in order to make your favorite food.
- A strainer is used to make Greek yogurt. Greek yogurt is basically just yogurt with a creamier texture, but we don’t consider this extra feature to be of significance. You can always buy a strainer as well if you decide you do need one. Greek yogurt can be made at home with a bit of improvisation.
The Best Yogurt Maker – Final Recommendations
Now that we’ve reviewed our top 5 picks, it’s time to reveal the best of the best. It was hard to choose our favorites, because of so many fantastic products on the market, but after thorough research, here are our results!
Best yogurt maker: Instant Pot Duo Mini 7-in-1
- Our best yogurt maker is a money-saving gem. Instant Pot Duo makes your yogurt and cooks food, as well. This is an energy-efficient, time-saving appliance you’ll have to love.
Premium pick: Cuisinart 1.5 Quart Frozen Yogurt Icecream Maker
- Cuisianart Frozen Yogurt Maker is the luxury item to have. Whipping up desserts never felt easier than with this fantastic appliance. If you are a great fan of frozen yogurt, make sure to check this product out.
Budget-friendly choice: Euro Cuisine Yogurt Maker
- Euro Cuisine is a yogurt maker made to serve a purpose without investing a fortune. Simply, this yogurt maker gets the job done, and gets it done well.