Top 5 Best Water Cooler Dispensers 2021:
- hOmeLabs Bottom Loading Water Dispenser
- Avalon Premium Hot/Cold Top Loading Countertop Water Cooler Dispenser
- Avalon A1 Top Loading Water Dispenser
- Avalon A5 Water Cooler Dispenser
- Primo Bottom Loading Water Dispenser
If you are looking for a water dispenser that can supply your home or office with cold (or hot) water on demand, you have come to the right place.
As always, we have prepared a detailed guide that will enable you to make a wise choice and buy a reliable product that will serve you for years to come.
We know that choosing a water cooler can be a bit overwhelming, especially now that the market is swarming with different brands and options. Therefore, to help you get the very best water cooler dispenser out there, we have narrowed your choice to only five units worthy of your attention. All you need to do is buy the one that meets all your needs.
Let’s not waste any more time!
5 Best Water Cooler Dispensers In 2021: Detailed Reviews
1. Avalon A5 Water Cooler Dispenser – Self-Cleaning, Bottleless Water Dispenser
The Avalon A5 is a bottleless water cooler dispenser that allows you to enjoy cool or hot filtered water without having to spend money on water containers. The dispenser purifies and cools down or warms up your tap water. As a result, you need not carry heavy 40-pound jugs anymore but you will also reduce the amount of plastic waste and thus help our planet too.
This dispenser comes with two filters – a 1500-gallon sediment filter and a carbon filter. Their role is to eliminate any harmful components from the water and make it more tasteful. These filters will last you for about six months, and then you need to replace them. An indicator light is there to inform you when it is time for that.
Avalon A5 bottleless water cooler dispenser does not require any tiresome maintenance as it features a self-cleaning function. Thanks to this feature there will be no bacteria or germs in the water you drink.
It is UL/NSF certified and has an Energy Star. A child-safety lock is there to prevent any hot water burns. A built-in nightlight allows you to use this dispenser overnight. The only minor complaint is a bit slow water pressure, especially for hot water.
- Eliminates the need to purchase large bottles of water
- Filtering system
- Self-cleaning feature
- Built-in nightlight
- Child-safety lock
- An indicator light alerts that you when to replace the filters
- The water pressure from the hot water dispenser is too slow
2. Primo Bottom Loading Water Dispenser -Tall, Dark, & Handsome Water Dispenser to Complement Your Home or Office
If you want a sleek, elegant machine, tall dark and handsome Primo Bottom Loading water dispenser is sure to wow you. It’s a beautifully designed water cooler that will complement any decor be it in your home or at the office.
It’s not all about the looks though, we looked long and hard and had trouble finding anything wrong with this dispenser. It is easy to set up and use. The push-button controls and cooling and heating light indicators allow for simple management. As a bonus, it is a bottom-loading model so there is no need to do any heavy lifting, you simply slide in the water bottle.
It is compatible with 3-5 gallon water bottles. Stainless steel reservoirs for hot and cold water are easy to maintain and durable. There is a powerful 2.0 compressor cooling system that guarantees you will always have cold refreshing water when you need it. The noise it produces is minimal but audible.
Child safety lock makes sure your kids do not get burned making this dispenser suitable for families with children. The unit is easy to clean and has a removable stainless steel drip tray you can put in your dishwasher.
- Hot & Cold water dispensers
- Easy to operate push-button controls
- 2.0 compressor system delivers the instant cold water
- Stainless steel water reservoirs
- Child-lock safety feature for hot water
- Energy-Star rated
- 1-year warranty
- A bit noisy
3. Avalon Premium Hot/Cold Top Loading Countertop Water Cooler Dispenser – Compact & Highly Practical Countertop Dispenser
Avalon Premium Hot/Cold Top Loading Countertop Water Cooler Dispenser is suitable for all of you who have limited space at your home or work. It does not require to be plumbed in and that means you have unlimited freedom to choose where to place it.
Being ultra-compact, it is also easy to manage and refill when needed. It is a top-loading model so you can easily monitor the level of water and replace the tank before you run out of water altogether. Of course, you`ll have to prep yourself for some heavy lifting too.
There are both cold and hot water sprouts for you to enjoy cold water on hot summer days or hot tea during winter. Child safety lock on the hot water dispenser guarantees safety for your whole family. On the downside, the flow of the water is rather slow in comparison to other units on our list but you should overlook that and be a bit patient if you are tight on space as this is the slimmest and most compact unit too.
The 5-gallon capacity stands neck to neck with much larger units, so you won’t have to make any compromises in that regard. The price is quite reasonable as well and makes this unit suitable for those of you with a limited budget as well.
- Compact, slim design
- Cold (47° F ) and hot (180° F) water dispensers
- Child safety lock
- Easy to set up and operate
- Top loading allows for monitoring the water level
- Slow water flow
- Requires heavy lifting
4. Avalon A1 Top Loading Water Dispenser – Slim & Stylish Energy-Efficient Dispenser
Avalon A1 top loading water dispenser is yet another great unit made by this renowned company. Even though we prefer bottom-loading models because of their neat look, we have to praise the stylish design and functionality of this top-loading dispenser. Unfortunately, it still requires you to lift and turn the heavy water tank upside down every time you need to replace it.
Of course, it delivers both hot and cold water so you can enjoy both sorts of beverages any time of the day. You can use it with 3-5 gallon jugs. It is quite easy to use too. Being quite compact, slim and not too high (only about 45 inches), it does not require too much space and can be a good alternative for a countertop dispenser.
The water tank is made from stainless steel and that means that it should last you for years to come. The A1 Avalon dispenser complies with all standards of Energy Star and it is UL certified for safety and quality as well.
If you are a parent, you will be relieved to know that this model features a hot water tap child safety lock. For your peace of mind, you`ll receive a one year warranty as well.
- Stylish slim design
- Small footprint
- Serves both hot and cold water
- UL certified
- Child safety lock on the hot water tap
- Energy-Star rated for high efficiency
- 1 year limited warranty
- A bit slow water flow
5. hOmeLabs Bottom Loading Water Dispenser – User-Friendly and Stylish Dispenser Suitable for Any Living or Office Space
It is time to say farewell to buying water bottles and welcome to the hOmeLabs Bottom Loading Water Dispenser. It is a stylish addition to any home or office but it is also highly practical and efficient at delivering clean filtered water on demand. Of course, it provides both hot and cold water so that you can enjoy any drink of your choice.
It is not bulky nor too high but it can still accommodate three or five gallons of water and needs not to be refilled too often. Intuitive and user-friendly controls located on the top of the unit make this dispenser easy to operate.
There are three temperature settings including freezing cold 49°F, scalding hot 185°F, and pleasant room temperature. The on and off switches for hot and cold water dispensers are separate for better efficiency and control, and possibly a lower energy bill.
This water dispenser is child-friendly to prevent your child`s mishaps. If you suffer from back pain, you`ll be happy to know that there is no heavy lifting required to refill it! You don’t even need to bend down to check the water level as there is the Bottle Refill Indicator light to inform you when you run out of the water.
Cleaning and maintaining the unit is quite hassle-free. All you need to do is empty the slide-output drip tray from time to time and occasionally wash it on your dishwasher`s top rack. The price is a bit higher, but considering the attractive look and functionality of this dispenser, it is well justified.
- Elegant design
- Intuitive controls
- Three temperature settings
- Separate off and on switches for hot & cold
- Easy to refill bottom loading reservoir
- Easy to maintain
- High price tag
Why Invest In A Water Cooler Dispenser?
If you are wondering if you really need to invest your hard-earned money in a water dispenser, read this section. We have tried to identify all the important reasons in favor of such a decision.
Even though you might consider it as an unnecessary expense, buying a water dispenser is sure to provide you with numerous benefits. So, what will you be getting?
1. Better Tasting Water
- If the water tastes or smells bad, you will avoid drinking it. In this way, you risk numerous health issues that are induced by poor hydration. Water filters and dispensers can help you by improving the taste of water you drink and eliminating the harmful components it might contain. It is, therefore, best to buy a dispenser with a filter and make sure you change it regularly.
- As we have already mentioned, it is very important to drink the right amount of water every day. If you forget or you are too lazy to go to your kitchen, you risk your health and your good looks. Lack of proper hydration increases the feeling of hunger and can thus lead to obesity. Moreover, your skin also requires water to stay fresh and young-looking.
- For all these reasons, you should position the water dispenser in your living room, office, or wherever you spend most of your time. In this way, you will have a constant reminder that you should drink water, but also have it available at the reach of your hand so it would be super easy to stay hydrated all day long.
- Water dispensers are so easy to operate that even your children can learn to use them. If your children cannot reach the tap in your kitchen, it will be more convenient for them to use the water dispenser. You will not have to stand up every time your kids are thirsty either. In fact, water dispensers help you and all your family members or colleagues stay hydrated at the touch of a button – it does not get more convenient than that!
4. Ideal Water Temperature
- Is there anything more satisfying than a glass of cold water on a hot summer day? There isn’t much you can do to control the temperature of your tap water. Of course, you can cool it off in your fridge but that takes time and planning ahead. A water dispenser will provide you with cold water whenever you are thirsty, so if that is not a reason enough to invest in one, we don’t know what is.
How To Choose The Best Water Cooler Dispenser
You should not go out and buy the first water dispenser you come across. There are a few things you need to consider if you want to get your money’s worth.
So let’s see what you should know before buying a water dispenser?
1. Type Of Water Dispenser
Before you go out shopping for a water dispenser make sure you know a little bit about all the types of units you can choose from. There are three main types of water dispensers on the market and each of them has its own advantages and disadvantages.
Here are the basics regarding each model:
- This type of water dispenser is the most popular among users, mostly due to being highly practical. It looks quite sophisticated as well since the water bottle is most often hidden away and that makes it suitable for your office or any professional environment.
- As the water bottle is positioned at the bottom of the unit, there is no need to lift it up and turn it upside down every time you refill it. The risk of spillage is significantly reduced too. As a result, this type of water dispenser is convenient for elderly people, kids, and those of you who have to avoid heavy lifting.
- Unlike the bottom-load dispenser, this type of water dispenser requires you to lift the water bottle and turn it upside down every time you need to refill it. If you are not up for it, don’t buy this kind of dispenser.
- The bottle sits on top of the unit, so everyone can see it. It might not be the best aesthetic solution, but it is practical since you can monitor the level of water and refill the tank in a timely manner.
- Moreover, top-load water dispensers are super easy to use and tend to be more affordable as well.
Countertop Water Dispenser
- If you have limited space, it would be wise to opt for a countertop water dispenser as it has a small footprint and will fit almost anywhere. It might not look as stylish as two other options, but it gets the job done. You can take it with you when on holiday so it is highly practical and beneficial no matter its size or capacity.
- You are the only person who can estimate the needs of your household or office/ working space. Therefore, we can not tell you the exact water cooler’s capacity you should opt for.
- Logically, the units with higher capacity are the most convenient as you do not need to replace the water bottle very often. On the other hand, it is not advisable to choose a water dispenser of high capacity if your needs are minimal as it will take too long to deplete all the water. After all, you want to drink fresh water, don’t you?
3. Ease of Use And Maintenance
- Water cooler dispensers are generally quite easy to use – that is one of their main advantages. It shouldn’t take you long to figure out how the unit works as time is precious nowadays. Therefore, the best water cooler dispenser must be designed in a user-friendly way.
- It is even more important that the unit you buy is easy to maintain. The refill process should be quick and simple and the drip tray should be dishwasher safe as it can be quite difficult to clean.
- Improper maintenance increases the risk of damaging the dispenser but it can also lead to water contamination. If you notice a foul odor or spot mold, clean the unit ASAP!
4. Safety Features
- Safety is always important, but even more so if you have kids. Water dispensers tend to attract children as they are easy to use and fun. If your dispenser has the hot water feature, little rascals can easily get hurt. Luckily, most water dispensers nowadays feature a safety switch that serves to prevent burn injuries.
We have already said too much! If you read it all, you are more than capable of choosing the water cooler dispenser for your home or office.
You still cannot decide?
Ok, here are some final recommendations.
The best of the best is hOmeLabs Bottom Loading Water Dispenser but it costs a lot too.
The best budget-friendly options are Avalon Premium Hot/Cold Top Loading Countertop Water Cooler Dispenser and Avalon A1 Top Loading Water Dispenser, but you will have to count in a lot of heavy lifting in the future!