Top 5 Best Vegetable Choppers 2021:
- Mueller Austria Onion Chopper Pro
- Cuisinart DLC-2ABC
- Vegetable Slicer Dicer WEINAS
- BLACK+DECKER HC306
- Gourmia GMS100 Power Dicer Plus
Almost every food recipe starts the same – dice and chop-up the vegetables.
And if you ask us, using a kitchen knife to chop up vegetables can become very tedious after some time. Not only that, but it can stink up your fingers in the case of chopping onions.
Not to mention how tough some vegetables are to chop. Has anyone been able to chop up butternut squash with just a kitchen knife? It feels like an injury just waiting to happen.
Thankfully, there is one easy solution to this problem – a vegetable chopper. If you hate chopping up veggies or just want to speed up your cooking process, vegetable choppers are an excellent investment!
Unfortunately, the market is crawling with these products, which makes choosing the best vegetable chopper for your needs tricky. If you don’t know what you’re doing, you can quickly end up with a model that will break in just a couple of months.
Thankfully, you have us! We’ve compiled this nifty little article to help you out find the vegetable chopper that best suits your needs!
We’ve compiled a list of five best vegetable choppers you can find on the current market. And if you don’t trust our judgment, you can check out our buying guide that’ll teach you how to find a model that best fits your needs!
5 Best Vegetable Choppers In 2021: Detailed Reviews
Before we get into the buying guide, we recommend you first check out our list of 5 best vegetable choppers of this year. We’re sure one of the models listed below will catch your eye!
1. Mueller Austria Onion Chopper Pro – Best Manual Vegetable Chopper
One of the most tedious parts of cooking is slicing the veggies. Whether you’re making salsa or soup, slicing vegetables, dicing vegetables will require your full focus so that the pieces are evenly sized. This is why our first pick is a vegetable chopper that will speed up this process a thousand times! Enter, Mueller Austria Onion Chopper Pro!
The Onion Chopper Pro comes with two sets of blades. One set of blades allows you to cut your veggies into half-inch squares that are perfect for salads. The other set of blades will enable you to cut the vegetables into quarter-inch pieces that are perfect for soups, stews, and salsa.
The best thing about the Onion Chopper Pro is how easy it is to use. All you have to do fit the veggie piece securely on the blade and press down on the lid, and that’s it.
The overall construction is pretty solid. The lid and container are made out of ABS plastic that is BPA-free, so you don’t have to worry about this product poisoning you. The blades are built out of 420-grade stainless steel, which means these blades won’t get dull at any time soon.
- Speeds up slicing
- Decently-sized container
- Sturdy construction
- Doesn’t allow for slicing
2. Vegetable Slicer Dicer WEINAS – Most Versatile Manual Vegetable Chopper
Looking for a tool that will immeasurably speed up your food prep? The Vegetable Slicer Dicer Weinas is an all-in-one tool we all wish we had in our kitchen. This kitchen tool comes with everything you need to cut, dice, and slice your veggies. Let’s take a more in-depth look.
The Weinas vegetable chopper comes with blades and dicing plates that allow you to cut your food In eight different ways. You get two grating plates so you can grate food items such as ginger and cheese.
Another blade plate allows you to julienne your vegetables, allowing you to cut cucumbers and carrots into perfectly thin strips for your salad. And on top of that, you get three other blade plates that enable you to dice your food into different sizes, depending on the plate you choose.
Not only that, but this vegetable chopper also comes with a juicing cone. So, not only does this tool allow you to prepare your favorite food, but it also allows you to make your favorite freshly squeezed juices!
The container is big enough to hold six cups of vegetables and is built out of durable ABS plastic.
- Incredibly versatile
- Excellent build quality
- Can be confusing to new users
3. Cuisinart DLC-2ABC – Best Electric Vegetable Chopper
If you’re planning on getting yourself an electric vegetable chopper, we got you covered! The Cuisinart DLC-2ABC is one of the most efficient vegetable choppers we’ve had the pleasure of reviewing. With a hefty BPA-free bowl, the added option of choosing how fine you want them chopped and two chopping speeds, you will process your veggies in no time.
Everything about this chopper screams efficiency, from the stainless steel blades that are incredibly effective at cutting to the simple one-button operation. The Cuisinart DLC-2ABC represents an excellent mix of durability and affordability.
This electric vegetable chopper is quite compact, but don’t let that fool you – it is powerful enough to crunch even the toughest of vegetables. This is why it’s a perfect tool for crunching nuts, chocolate, and hard fruits.
What’s more, the lid, container, and blades are entirely dishwasher safe, so you won’t have to waste time cleaning up after you’re done chopping.
The only thing we didn’t like about this product is how uneven the slices are. Unfortunately, this is true with almost all vegetable choppers.
- Two chopping speeds
- Easy to clean
- Easy to use
- Built out of BPA-free plastics
- Uneven chop sizes
4. BLACK+DECKER HC306 – Best Budget Electric Vegetable Chopper
Are you on a tight budget and want to invest your money smartly? Then you might be interested in Black+Decker HC306 electric vegetable chopper! This vegetable chopper is also an excellent pick for those who like taking trips in their RV because it doesn’t take up a lot of space.
The Black+Decker HC306 vegetable chopper features a curved, stay-sharp stainless steel blade and a sizable one-touch button that also has pulse control. What this means is that you can choose how coarse or fine you want your veggies chopped.
Unfortunately, there are no additional blades. You get what you see, and that’s it. Still, this product comes from a reputable manufacturer, so you can rest assured it will last you for a long time before it finally breaks.
Once you’re done chopping your veggies, you can take apart the bowl and the blade and put them into the dishwasher for cleaning. This vegetable chopper is built out of ABS plastic, so it’s quite sturdy. And you don’t have to worry about your health since the plastic used is entirely BPA-free.
- Quite affordable
- Excellent build quality for the price
- Simple to use and clean
- Too small for large families
5. Gourmia GMS100 Power Dicer Plus – Best Electric Vegetable Dicer
The last pick in our list is quite controversial. While most electric vegetable choppers essential function as food processors, the Gourmia GMS100 Power Dicer allows you to create perfectly sliced vegetables no matter how soft they are. This nifty little tool will even allow you to perfectly slice tomatoes and avocados!
Another cool thing about this electric veggie chopper is that it allows you to process as m8uch or as little food you need. This is because this product doesn’t come with a container, you have to place your own bowl beneath the chute. While this might not be ideal for those who like traveling in their RV, it is excellent for a home kitchen.
The GMS100 also gives you the freedom to use pre-sliced ingredients, or whole tomatoes for French fries.
On top of all this, the Gourmia GMS100 looks pretty sharp on the kitchen counter with its white body and chrome accents. To make things even better, most of the parts are dishwasher safe, so you won’t have to waste time cleaning this machine.
- Evenly dices veggies and fruits
- A wide selection of blades
- Some parts are dishwasher safe
- Doesn’t come with a bowl
What Are Vegetable Choppers And Why You Should Buy One?
A vegetable chopper is a tool that is specially designed for chopping all kinds of vegetables, from onions and tomatoes to salads and nuts. These kitchen tools are almost a part of every half-decent chef’s arsenal.
Vegetable choppers allow you to perform numerous tasks such as cutting, chopping, and slicing with just one tool. These tools will enable you to prepare any kind of salad in minutes. Not only that, but they’re also excellent at chopping dry vegetables too.
With a quality vegetable chopper by your side, there’s practically no limit to how much you’ll benefit. Not only will you be advantaged in several ways, but so will your family when they get to enjoy the restaurant-grade meals you can prepare.
Most of all, vegetable choppers save time. With one of these tools, you’ll cut the time you spend in your kitchen in half. This means you will have more time to spend relaxing and enjoying quality time with your family.
This kitchenware also reduces the amount of waste. How? Well, when using a vegetable chopper, you can instantly see how much food you make with it, reducing the chances of letting veggies and fruits going to waste.
Vegetable choppers also reduce mess because they keep all of it in one area. This makes cleaning up after the chopping is done a breeze!
These chef’s tools are also incredibly versatile! Most vegetable choppers come with different blades and attachments that allow you to perform jobs you never thought were possible! Vegetable choppers are so versatile, you’ll be able to prepare restaurant-grade meals with ease.
Another reason why vegetable choppers are worth buying is that they can improve your health. When you have something as easy to use as one of these tools, you’re more likely to prepare healthy meals
5 Factors You Should Consider When Buying A Vegetable Chopper
Now that you’ve learned why vegetable choppers are worth your investment, it’s time to learn what factors you need to consider when buying the best model for your needs. So, here are five factors you should consider before you set out and buy your first vegetable chopper!
1. Manual Or Electric
- Before you set out shopping, you need to consider whether you need an electronic or manual vegetable chopper.
- Manual vegetable choppers commonly come in two types.
- The first type features crisscross blades attached to a swinging arm that enables you to quickly dice your vegetables in just a couple of hand movements.
- The second type features a crack or ripcord, similar to a food processor. A chopper that features a crack is excellent for making perfect, even slices. On the other hand, choppers with ripcords are excellent for rough chops or salsa.
- On the other hand, electric vegetable choppers rely on a motor to ensure hands-free operation. Electric vegetable choppers are excellent for those who have hand or arthritis problems since they don’t require any hand movement. On top of that, they are incredibly safe since your hands never come into contact with the blades.
2. Is it Dishwasher Safe?
- Vegetable choppers save you a lot of time when it comes to food preparation. They allow you to easily slice and dice the vegetables, but they should also be easy to clean. If you have to completely disassemble a vegetable chopper and rinse the individual parts before putting them into a dishwasher, you’re spending more time cleaning it than using it.
- This is why it’s essential to look for a model who’s bowl and blades are dishwasher safe. On to of that, the container and the blades should be easy to clean. So, when buying a vegetable chopper, look for a model that is completely dishwasher safe because it will save you a lot of time.
- Another critical factor is the capacity of the vegetable chopper. This is why you should consider the number of veggies you prepare most of the time. Are you chopping up just a couple of zucchinis for two people, or do you want to process enough food to feed an army?
- Both electric and manual veggie choppers come with a bowl to store processed food. Consider how much veggies you usually prepare and get a model that offers enough capacity for your needs.
- The main components of any vegetable chopper must be the blades. This is why we recommend you get a model that comes with different types and sizes of blades.
- Manual choppers generally come with several blade types such as large and small dice, and blades for shredding and slicing.
- Electric veggie choppers also come with several chopping options such as blades for chunky soups and salsa.
- No matter what type of blade you choose, it’s essential to get a model that has stainless steel blades. Stainless steel resists chipping, staining, it doesn’t rust, and it’s dishwasher safe.
- Consider what type of chopping you usually need and choose the model accordingly. There is no point in getting a versatile model if you’re just going to use two types of blades.
5. Is It BPA-Free
- A chemical named Bisphenol-A is used to shape and harden plastics. This chemical is incredibly toxic and, according to some studies, can cause behavioral issues and affect the prostate. This is why you should avoid products that are made with BPA, especially if you have kids.
Our Final Word
Before we let you go, here’s a quick rundown of the products we reviewed.
If you’re looking for the best manual vegetable chopper, we recommend you pick up a Mueller Austria Onion Chopper Pro. While it won’t allow you to slice your veggies, it will undoubtedly speed up your food prep for any meal that requires diced vegetables. On top of all that, it’s incredibly sturdy.
If you’re looking for the best electric vegetable choppers, we recommend Cuisinart DLC-2ABC. This product is not just easy to use and clean, it’s also incredibly affordable.
And lastly, if you’re looking for a versatile vegetable chopper, look no further than Vegetable Slicer Dicer WEINAS. This product comes with a wide selection of blade plates, and you also get a juicing cone!