Top 5 Best Steak Knives 2021:
- DALSTRONG Serrated Steak Knives
- Enso HD 2-piece Steak Knife Set
- AmazonBasics 8-Piece Kitchen Steak Knife Set
- UMOGI Premium Steak Knives Set of 6 in Gift Box
- Sky Light Steak Knife Set of 4
Do you love steak?
Of course you do, who doesn’t! We love it too. If you’ve ever tried eating a steak with a regular, dull knife, you must know how annoying and difficult it is to enjoy this mouthwatering meal without a proper tool!
This is where steak knives come in! They are useful kitchen utensils that make it a lot easier to effortlessly cut through not only steaks, but also roasts, pork chops, lamb chops, and other delicious food.
Steak knives come in sets, which is very convenient because when you buy one set, your whole family can use it! Nowadays, you can find so many amazing steak knife sets, so how are you supposed to choose the best one?
Don’t worry, we’ve got you covered with our list of the best steak knives on the market! So, without further ado, let’s dive in and see what steak knives are the best!
5 Best Steak Knives In 2021: Detailed Reviews
1. DALSTRONG Serrated Steak Knives – Best Choice
From the outstanding design and craftsmanship to the innovative technology and premium materials, DALSTRONG Steak Knives set has it all, and it undoubtedly deserves the number one spot on our list!
This four-piece steak knife set is made of premium imported high-carbon German steel. It features an award-winning design with engineered serrations at 14-16 degrees per side and expert heat treatment. The edge of the blade is 5 inches long, it’s robust and extremely resilient so it doesn’t require sharpening!
The hardness of the steel reaches 56 on the Rockwell scale. The blades on each knife are hand polished to an elegant satin finish. They are also tapered to enhance hardness, durability, and minimal slicing resistance, and they feature a rounded tip for extra safety.
The handles are made of beautiful black Pakkawood and they add to the luxurious look of the knives. They are also triple-riveted and have an ergonomic shape that ensures comfort. Each knife comes with a protective sheath for easy storage and safety.
When it comes to cleaning and maintenance, the manufacturer recommends to wash it manually, to avoid any staining of the high carbon steel or damages of the Pakkawood handle. Also, dry it immediately after washing with a soft cloth for the best results! If for some reason you’re not completely satisfied, you can always get a full refund.
- Premium German high carbon steel blades
- Serrated edges
- Durable Pakkawood handle
- Protective sheaths included
- The blades might stain if not washed properly
2. Enso HD 2-piece Steak Knife Set – Premium Pick
This beautiful two-piece set of steak knives comes directly from Seki City, the Japanese capital of knives and swords! Enso is the Japanese word for “harmony”, and this is a brand whose policy is to create the harmony between the best of the new, advanced technology and the knowledge and expertise of traditional craftsmen.
In this set, you get two incredible knives. They are both 9 inches long, while the blades are 4.5 inches long. You can use them to enjoy an elegant dinner of tenderloin steaks, grilled lamb chops, and other delicious food.
What makes the blades so fantastic is that they are made of 37-layer Damascus stainless steel with a VG-10 steel cutting core. Each blade has a unique hammered or sashimi finish and they reach 61 on the Rockwell hardness scale! The edges are treated with heat and hand ground to 12 degrees cutting angles.
The handles of the knives are another amazing feature. Each of them has an enclosed, seamless full-tang construction that ensures strength, durability and perfect balance. The handles also have a very elegant and sleek design and they’re made of black canvas micarta with stainless steel rivets, bolster and end cap. The black canvas micarta gives the appearance of wood, but it’s more resistant and durable!
- High-quality knives made in Japan
- The blades are made of 37-layer Damascus steel
- Extreme resistance and durability
- Elegant black canvas micarta durable handles
- The price is well above average
3. AmazonBasics 8-Piece Kitchen Steak Knife Set – Budget-Friendly Choice
AmazonBasics eight-piece steak knife set is a perfect choice if you want a set of affordable steak knives for your entire family and guests to use. Each knife combines a classic look and design with high-quality performance!
AmazonBasics steak knives are carefully crafted with a single piece of stainless steel and each of them has a full-tang design all the way from the blade to the handle base. This gives the knives perfect balance, makes it much easier to maneuver them and have full control while cutting.
All the knives also have micro-serrated edges, which means they will stay sharp at all times, so there’s no need to sharpen them. You can use them to enjoy delicious meals like baked pork chops, steaks or any other food that requires a powerful, sharp knife!
The appearance of the knives is elegant and they will fit nicely with the rest of your kitchen utensils. The blades have a satin finish and the black handles are simple and functional. They are cleverly designed to ensure a secure, comfortable grip. They also have full bolsters that help keep your fingers safely away from the blade and they’re triple-riveted to enhance the durability and performance!
Make sure to always wash your AmazonBasics steak knives by hand with warm water and gentle soap, and dry them with a towel. Keep in mind that they’re not dishwasher safe!
- You get an 8-piece set for a reasonable price
- Blades made of stainless steel with serrated edges
- Ergonomic handle
- Not dishwasher safe
4. UMOGI Premium Steak Knives Set of 6 in Gift Box – Perfect Gift Idea
This UMOGI set of steak knives comes in a beautiful gift box which means it can be a great gift for someone who loves to cook, but it’s also amazing if you want to keep your knives in a decorative box instead of a kitchen drawer!
UMOGI set includes 6 steak knives. All of them have 4.5 inches long blades made of premium German high carbon stainless steel that reaches 56 on the Rockwell hardness scale. This means they are very durable as well as resistant to rust, corrosion, and staining. The high carbon steel also makes them extremely strong. The blades feature a straight edge so they might need sharpening from time to time, and you can sharpen them easily and quickly when necessary.
The beautiful Pakkawood gives each handle slightly different patterns, making every single one of them very unique. The color of the Pakkawood is an elegant, dark brown color, which means these knives will fit perfectly into your kitchen if you prefer traditional, wooden designs instead of modern steel or marble looks. The Pakkawood gives the appearance of wood, but it’s actually a lot more resistant to wear and all kinds of harmful environments!
Never put these knives in a dishwasher and never leave them to soak in water. Instead, wash them by hand and dry them thoroughly with a soft cloth!
- 6 steak knives come in a nice gift box
- Blades made of high carbon German steel
- Easy to sharpen
- Beautiful Pakkawood handles
- The handles require hand washing
5. Sky Light Steak Knife Set of 4 – Perfect Mix of Modern Design and Practicality
In the Sky Light set, you get 4 high-quality steak knives with a stylish, modern design. These knives perform amazingly, and if only four of them are not enough for you, you can easily purchase two sets because they are surprisingly inexpensive.
All of the knives in this set feature a full-tang design and they’re made of premium high carbon German stainless steel, which is extremely strong, durable, and resistant to rust, so you can be sure you have a set of knives that you’ll be able to use for many years to come! The blades are Nitrogen cooled for enhanced strength and hand sharpened to 18 degrees at each side.
The length of the blades is 5 inches, and they have a non-stick layer which makes cleaning a lot easier. The blades are also non-serrated and you can effortlessly sharpen them from time to time. They also feature an upward curved tip which is ideal for separating the meat from the bone!
The handles of Sky Light steak knives are quite unique. They are made of the military-grade high polymer and they feature a modern triangular design. Not only are they stylish, but they’re also highly resistant to heat, cold and moisture. The triangular design feels very comfortable in your hand and gives you a firm grip for safe cutting.
- Strong and durable German steel blades
- The upward curved tip for separating meat from bones
- Military-grade triangular handles
- You can choose between 4, 8 or 12 piece set
- Not dishwasher safe
Things To Consider Before You Buy Steak Knives
Steak knives are a good investment because they are useful, super sharp and most of all, they’re very durable, so you can use a good set of steak knives for many years, if not decades!
There are some things that you have to consider before you decide which steak knives to buy. Let’s see what they are so you can make a smart decision!
1. Type Of Edge
- Steak knives come with two different types of edges – straight edge and serrated edge.
- A straight edge or fine edge knife is suitable for a range of meats because it gives a straight cut. It’s also preferred by most people when it comes to aesthetics. However, to keep the edge sharp and to prolong the knife’s lifespan, a straight edge requires sharpening from time to time, depending on how often you use it.
- Serrated edge knives are generally better to use with bread and roasts, as they tear through the food and don’t give a straight cut. A huge advantage of knives with serrated edges is that they stay sharp and you don’t have to sharpen them at home.
- It’s also important to keep in mind that you will cut your steaks on a plate and not on a wooden board. Plates are not as forgiving as wood is to the blade of the knife, so your steak knife may dull faster than it normally would.
- All things considered, both types of edges are great for steak knives, and which one you’ll choose depends on whether you’re willing to sharpen them occasionally or not.
2. Blade Material
- As you may have noticed, the most popular and common material for steak knife blades is high carbon steel. This is because this type of steel is strong, durable and won’t dull quickly. A lot of high carbon steel blades are treated with heat or Nitrogen to enhance strength and durability.
- Many manufacturers prefer to use German steel as it is one of the best. Some brands, mostly from Japan, use Damascus steel.
3. Handle Material And Design
- The handle is an important part of a steak knife. Most steak knives use a durable material for the handles, like Pakkawood. Pakkawood is one of the most popular materials for handles because it gives the elegant and natural appearance of wood but it’s sturdier and more durable. Some steak knives have handles made of military-grade polymer, which is a highly durable material resistant to cold, heat and moisture!
- The design of the handle is also important. The handle has to have a clever and ergonomic shape that will give a good balance to the knife and it has to feel comfortable in your hand, so you have a firm grip and full control while cutting!
- One downside of steak knives is that most of them are not dishwasher safe. Sometimes it’s because the blade can stain and sometimes it’s because the handles are sensitive. In any case, most manufacturers recommend washing steak knives manually with warm water and soap and drying them immediately with a soft towel. Also, never leave your steak knives to soak in water because it can damage them!
Final Thoughts And Recommendations
Now that we’ve reviewed the 5 best steak knives out there, it’s time to tell you about our top recommendations! We have to admit, it wasn’t an easy task to choose the top five, and it’s certainly not easy to select the best of the best, but we’re 100% confident in our choices!
Best Choice: DALSTRONG Serrated Steak Knives
- Dalstrong Steak Knives have all you could ask for from steak knives. They’re sharp, durable, strong, they perform amazingly, have a beautiful, elegant design and they come at a reasonable price. It’s really hard to find flaws with these incredible knives, so they for sure deserve the number-one place!
Premium Pick: Enso HD 2-piece Steak Knife Set
- A truly exceptional set of steak knives is this by Enso. Made in Seki City, the capital of knives, these steak knives combine the best of modern technology with the knowledge of experienced Japanese sword and knife masters. The only downside of these knives is that they’re a bit pricey!
Best Budget-Friendly Choice: AmazonBasics 8-Piece Kitchen Steak Knife Set
- AmazonBasics is known for making high-quality products that come at a reasonable price, and that’s the case with this amazing 8-piece set of steak knives. They are made of premium materials, they perform at a high level, and they’re very affordable!