Top 5 Best Stand Mixers 2020:
- Aucma Stand Mixer,6.5-QT 660W 6-Speed Tilt-Head
- Stand Mixer, Sincalong 8.5QT 6 Speed Control Electric Stand Mixer
- KitchenAid KSM155GBCA 5-Qt. Artisan Design Series with Glass Bowl
- Stand mixer, Kuccu 5.5 Quart Tilt-Head, 660w Electric Kitchen mixer, 6-Speeds
- Litchi Kitchen Stand Mixer, 5.5 Qt. 650W 6-Speed Electric Mixer
What connects fluffy whipped cream, perfect cookie dough, and airy cake layers?
An incredibly versatile and valuable kitchen appliance – stand mixer – that helps you whisking, kneading, and stirring literally anything you need at maximum efficiency.
Why stand mixer, and not the regular one?
Two words: productivity and ease of use.
Once you try a stand mixer, you won’t go back to the hassle of stirring for too long, exerting so much force, and still not getting results like with this electric mixer.
Also, if you are a baker, having the best stand mixer will elevate your entire work. Think about it: you’ll be making the most delicious bread and pastry, and all of that at a superb pace!
Here’s our selection of the stand mixers that deserve a central spot in your kitchen.
5 Best Stand Mixers In 2020: Detailed Reviews
1. Aucma Stand Mixer,6.5-QT 660W 6-Speed Tilt-Head – Best Overall
The Aucma Stand Mixer is currently our selection for the best stand mixer overall.
We tried out the blue one (which is, in reality, turquoise, but nevertheless beautiful), and there are other varieties: champagne, pink, royal blue, and silver.
This unit is truly a perfect midpoint of performance and sleek design, making it a worthy appliance that will also look great in your kitchen.
Let’s dissect its features, step by step.
First, let’s talk about speed and controls. The powerful 660W-copper motor and sturdy ABS housing enable you to use six optimized speeds with pulse function. What this translates to is a multipurpose tool for any recipe you need.
The best part? The powerful engine hardly makes any noise with the maximum level of 76dB.
A 6.5QT stainless steel bowl with a large capacity has dual handles that are positioned perfectly for a nice grip and full control.
At the bottom, there are four anti-slip silicone suction cups that prevent sliding even if your mixer is working at full speed.
Beyond that, the tilt-head design makes it very easy to install and uninstall accessories that move around the bowl for thorough performance.
With the purchase, you will get three mixing accessories: whisk, for standard light mixtures (cream, egg white, etc.), a dough hook for heavy mixtures (for bread, pizza, etc.), and beater for medium (cookie, pancakes, etc.).
There’s an integrated splash guard with an access hatch that you can use to add ingredients without making a mess.
Finally, the circular blue LED power indicator around the dial for speed settings is a nice touch to this incredible electric mixer.
- Two-layer painting
- Ergonomic handles
- Powerful motor
- Quiet performance
- Stainless steel bowl
- 6-speed settings
- Metal accessories
- Anti-slip pad
- No cons here!
The Kuccu Stand Mixer packs a ton of excellent features into a gorgeous and reasonably priced appliance.
With a 5.5QT stainless steel bowl, it is slightly less efficient than our first pick, but other than that, they bear many similarities.
For instance, it also has a powerful 660W copper motor and stable design, with the anti-slip feet, two sturdy handles, and the splash guard at the top.
We were also pleased with its settings, which let you tweak your culinary experience without having to dive too deeply into the instructions.
You’ll get it in no time: the first and second speed is for heavy mixtures that require dough hook, three and four for the beater and medium-heavy mixtures, and five and six for light whisk mixtures.
In addition to those three accessories you use for stirring, you will get a silicone spatula for scraping any ingredients, making this stand mixer a breeze to clean. The whisk is entirely stainless steel, while the dough hook and beater are premium aluminum alloy.
Its safety features are maximized. First, the four smart guards keep the secure position, and a mechanism for stopping automatically turns off the unit when it’s working for more than 15 minutes or when the motor reaches 95°C.
In case something goes wrong, you are backed up by a 2-year warranty that Kuccu provides.
- No bouncing during operation
- 6-speed settings
- Free accessories
- Tilt-head design
- Powerful motor
- Low operation noise
- Limited color options (there’s only black)
3. KitchenAid KSM155GBCA 5-Qt. Artisan Design Series with Glass Bowl – Premium Pick
You will see KitchenAid appliances on the counters of master-class world’s chefs and bakers, and this stand mixer is no exception.
The KitchenAid KSM155GBCA delivers a full package of top-notch features for those of you who are willing to pay a premium price.
This is a model from their Artisan Design Series that looks out of this world with the premium metallic finish. We opted for the attractive Candy Apple Red version, but there are also Azure Blue and Sugar Pearl Silver.
Don’t let its relatively high price tag scare you off – once you buy this qualified stand mixer, it’s going to serve you for a very long time and successfully deal with any task you may throw at it.
By “anything,” we literally mean it can handle all the ingredients.
Let’s see what this versatility is all about.
First, there are 10-speed seconds, which is more than with any other stand mixer, allowing you to fine-tune your recipes until they are perfect.
On top of that, this appliance sports a multipurpose attachment hub that can take over fifteen optional attachments, from pasta makers to grinders! You will get the coated metal flat beater, dough hook, and whisk with the purchase.
The 5QtT glass bowl with measurement markers is even better than the usual stainless steel bowl because you can see through it and decide when it is the perfect consistency and texture easier. Most importantly, it is equally, if not even more, durable than stainless steel ones.
And with the tilt-head feature, you can quickly empty and clean the bowl.
The main mixing property is nicknamed a “59-Point Planetary Mixing Action.” What does it bring to the table? Basically, it means that there are 59 touchpoints per rotation of the attachment around the bowl for thorough mixing.
- See-through glass bowl with measurements
- High-quality accessories included in the purchase
- The most versatile stand mixer
- Modern design
- Compatible with 15 types of attachments
- On the pricey side
4. Litchi Kitchen Stand Mixer, 5.5 Qt. 650W 6-Speed Electric Mixer – Best for Bread
With the Litchi Kitchen Stand Mixer, we made the perfect dough for light and fluffy bread, and so it made it to our list.
Now, there’s no denying that this isn’t the fanciest stand mixer you can buy, but it more than gets the job done for the price.
The powerful 650W motor and 6-speed system with a pulse function when you require a quick boost of power account for many possible uses of this mixer.
With the tilt-head function and handle, it’s easy to add ingredients, access your mixture, and clean the bowl once you’re done.
Speaking of the bowl, it’s a stainless steel 5.5QT model, which is excellent for the stand mixers.
It comes with a handle that sits on the right side. While this is not a deal-breaker, it would have still been better if there were handles on both sides for better safety, and we don’t really see why manufacturers chose to exclude this feature.
You get four accessories: a whisk, dough hook, flat beater, and Y-shaped mixing blade. We were delighted with the quality and performance of these. You can also purchase additional attachments separately, e.g., meat grinder, blender, etc.
Another thing we liked is the pouring shield, aka a transparent guard cover that prevents any mess that may happen.
Litchi offers a 30-day money-back guarantee and a 2-year replacement warranty for all buyers.
- Large capacity bowl
- Excellent construction
- Easy to access the attachments
- Great value for the price
- The design could have been better
- We wish there were handles on both sides of the bowl
5. Stand Mixer, Sincalong 8.5QT 6 Speed Control Electric Stand Mixer – Budget-Friendly Pick
The good news is that you don’t have to splurge to get an excellent and versatile stand mixer. This Sincalong model is proof of that. It manages to achieve the best of both worlds, delivering efficiency, safety, and a lot of functionality.
According to our research, you can mix up to 2.5L of cream, or five loaves of bread in a single batch with the large 8.5QT bowl! Pretty amazing, huh?
It comes with a splash guard that prevents spattering.
But the real kicker is the precise 6-speed controller that lets you choose from a slow to an incredibly fast stir to make anything that you want.
Just like with most of the picks, 1-3 speed setting is for bread and pastry using the dough hook, 2-4 are for crepes or salads, and 5-6 are for cream, whip, egg white, etc.
It comes with all the needed tools for six settings: the standard whisk, C-shaped dough hook, and Y-shape flat beater.
This stand mixer also incorporates the tilt-head design for an easy clean and the anti-slip silicone cups for the steadiness while working.
The buttons on the mixer are a bit stiff, but apart from that, there are visually no other drawbacks.
Sincalong is dedicated to its customers, and the manufacturers offer a 2-year warranty alongside lifetime support on any deficiencies.
- Large capacity
- LED power indicator
- Stainless steel bowl
- Splash guard
- Budget-friendly price
- Precise and clear instructions
- It’s a bit less efficient than some other picks
What Is A Stand Mixer And Why Do You Need It?
A stand mixer is a kitchen appliance with a base that contains a motor, and the head that holds the attachments for stirring. Beyond is a bowl that is locked into place, in which you put ingredients and turn on the stand mixer to do its wonders completely on its own.
With the tilt-head feature, the bowl of a stand mixer remains stationary and locked, and you can turn it to pour out the mixture or add ingredients.
It’s is an upgraded version of a hand mixer, if you like.
What are the advantages of stand mixers?
- There are many. It has a more powerful motor, which makes it easier to tackle stiff dough, such as that for cookies or bread. Also, the assortment of accessories that exist for stand mixers is much more versatile, and it ranges from those that you use to make ice cream to pasta makers.
- No need to mention that it is not handheld and that you don’t need to control it, which makes it much more convenient.
Are there any drawbacks?
- Technically, there’s an obvious one: they are heavier and bigger, so they will need to occupy a spot on your counter rather than a shelf where you can keep a compact handheld mixer.
- Also, they are more expensive as they are more efficient and versatile.
- All in all, when you sum it up, pros definitely outweigh the cons and stand mixers will make your life and culinary endeavors much easier.
- Pair your stand mixer with one of the best bakeware sets and climb to the baking top.
Factors To Consider In Order To Get The Best Stand Mixer For You
There is a slew of stand mixers from which you ought to choose, so you need some established criteria that will help you decide.
- While Watts do not tell you everything about the power of the stand mixer, you still don’t want to go for something bellow 500W.
- But what is more important is how the motor actually uses those Watts, which is why we test its construction quality and efficiency.
- Depending on the torque of the motor, a stand mixer performs at certain speeds.
- Most of our picks have five or six-speed settings, which means that the unit is versatile and allows you to make many different recipes.
- The speed setting that you are going to use depends on the stiffness of the ingredients.
- So, let’s say that you’re making something creamy, like whipped cream, or stirring something even lighter, like egg yolks. You will be using higher speeds, as the mixer does not require a lot of power to deal with these.
- On the other hand, if you’re kneading dough, you will opt for a lower speed that will have more power.
- Ultimately, both of these two factors determine the efficiency of the stand mixer – the more power and speed settings it has, it will produce more.
- Qualitatively, we ran each stand mixer through productivity tests and picked the best out of a dozen models that we’ve tried.
- At LivinPaleoCuisine, we are certainly more into functionality rather than the design, but we value when manufacturers create a unit that is pleasing to the eye, as well.
- However, this is not a must, but only a bonus – and there are some quite attractive and modern stand mixers on our list, in interesting color options.
Final Words & Our Recommendations
At present, the best stand mixer we’ve tested is the Aucma Stand Mixer,6.5-QT 660W 6-Speed Tilt-Head. This professional-range mixer offers maximum efficiency and incredible results, due to its powerful 660W-motor and three outstanding accessories.
You’ll be able to make any recipe, which most bakers will not be able to achieve without such a quality set of stand mixer accessories.
If you don’t have much money to play with, our suggestion is the Stand Mixer, Sincalong 8.5QT 6 Speed Control Electric Stand Mixer, our budget pick. This stand mixer is perfectly suited for all your culinary needs.
Lastly, if you‘re looking for the best professional stand mixer, go with the KitchenAid KSM155GBCA 5-Qt. Artisan Design Series with Glass Bowl, our premium pick. When you consider what it offers, its price is not that high.
Enjoy the tastiest cakes, bread, pastry, muffins, cookies, and more!