Top 5 Best Soda Makers 2021:
- SodaStream Fizzi One Touch Sparkling Water Maker
- AARKE – CARBONATOR II SPARKLING WATER MAKER
- DrinkMate Sparkling Water and Soda Maker
- iSi Steel Soda Water Siphon
- SodaStream Jet Sparkling Water Maker Bundle
Soda drinks are a guilty pleasure to a whole lot of people, and often for different reasons. Whether it’s because they are overpriced and we feel like we’re throwing money away, or the fact that they’re not particularly healthy, there’s always a grain of guilt that stops us from fully enjoying our favorite bubbly beverage.
That being said, is there anything better than gulping a can of ice-cold soda on a hot, sweaty day? We seriously doubt it.
If you agree with us and you’re a long term soda enthusiast, there’s a way you can enjoy your carbonated drink without feeling like you’re wasting money or consuming too much unhealthy stuff. All you need is a soda maker.
Since soda makers are spendy, it’s clever to spend some time researching to find the best one. If you’re interested in purchasing a soda maker, you’re in the right place. We’ve carefully selected the top five soda makers on the market just for you.
So, to kick things off, let’s begin with our top choices for the best soda maker on the market, and later on, we’ll get into a detailed buying guide to help you make the best possible decision!
5 Best Soda Makers In 2021: Detailed Reviews
1. SodaStream Fizzi One Touch Sparkling Water Maker – The Best Choice
The ultimate way to enjoy carbonated water every day is with SodaStream Fizzi One Touch Soda Maker. This one comes in two colors, white and black, so you can choose one that will fit best into your kitchen interior, and it’s quite compact so it won’t take up too much space on your counter.
This is a soda maker bundle, so you get the sparkling water maker, two 60L CO2 cylinders, three 1-liter carbonating bottles, and two bottles of fruit drops flavors that you can add to your sparkling water to mix it up.
We appreciated how simple it is to use this soda maker. All you need to do is touch one button and that’s it. There are three buttons with different level of bubbling, so you can choose how carbonated you want your water to be. You can also make it super bubbly by pressing the button a few times in a row.
The device is powered by electricity, which can be bothersome since you always have to have a power socket nearby.
The one thing we were not happy about is that the CO2 doesn’t exactly last as long as advertised. Supposedly, it lasts 6-8 weeks, but in reality, it actually lasts 2-3 weeks. This is still okay considering you’ll save money in the long run, and you’re certainly reducing your plastic footprint by using the reusable bottles instead of purchasing soda drinks every day.
- Sleek compact design
- A complete bundle
- Two CO2 cylinders included
- CO2 doesn’t last as long as advertised
2. AARKE – CARBONATOR II SPARKLING WATER MAKER – The High-End Pick
AARKE Sparkling Water Maker is amongst the best for many reasons. It’s a countertop soda maker with a sleek design and a compact construction that doesn’t take up unnecessary space. It’s made of high-quality stainless steel, and truth be told, this was a pleasant surprise since many soda makers are made of plastic.
Steel makes it sturdy, robust, and durable. It also gives it a shiny exterior that combined with the five color options makes it look chic and modern. The colors from which you can choose are black, white, silver, gold, and rose gold.
Unfortunately, a CO2 cylinder doesn’t come included, so you have to purchase it separately, which makes this soda maker even pricier. However, given all the benefits of the steel construction and the high performance of the device, we believe it’s worthy.
What you get included is one bottle made of PET plastic. This plastic is of better quality compared to regular plastic bottles, and it can last you for two years. After that, you should recycle it and get a new one.
One of the best things about this soda maker is that it requires neither electricity nor batteries in order to work. Instead, it is powered by the CO2 cylinder, so you can place your AARKE anywhere you like.
- Durable steel construction
- Sleek, modern design
- Doesn’t require electricity or batteries
- Comes with a good-quality PET bottle
- Easy to use
- It’s expensive, especially considering you have to buy some parts separately
3. DrinkMate Sparkling Water and Soda Maker – Budget-Friendly Choice
We’ve struggled a bit to find an affordable soda maker that comes close to the first two, but then we stumbled upon the DrinkMate Soda Maker. Without a doubt, this one is the best choice if you want an efficient soda maker in the affordable price range.
The best thing about this device is that you can use it to make any drink carbonated, not just water. So you can try sparkling wine, juice, cocktails, or even flat soda and beer. This is a unique feature of DrinkMate soda maker, and it’s not something you find in most soda makers, even the expensive ones.
This is a countertop soda maker, and it was cleverly designed to be tall but narrow so it takes up as little space as possible. It comes in white, black, and royal red color so you can choose one that matches your kitchen decor. Black and white are classics, but the red one will certainly bring a touch of color to your kitchen.
DrinkMate soda maker runs on the CO2 cylinder, which you have to buy separately. This is a bit inconvenient, but if you consider how affordable this device is, it pays off even if you have to buy additional parts.
It’s also very easy to use this one, and with just one press of a button, you can have delicious sparkling beverages.
- Makes any sparkling beverage, not just water
- Smart and stylish design
- Easy to use
- Powered by a CO2 cylinder
- The CO2 cylinders don’t come included
4. iSi Steel Soda Water Siphon – Best Handheld Soda Maker
Handheld soda makers are slightly less popular than countertop models, but we’ve wanted to include one on our list, so you have all the options in front of you. This handheld soda maker(or a siphon, if you will) is the best in this category simply because it’s highly efficient and quite affordable.
It’s constructed out of stainless steel, which makes it stand out among a lot of plastic models, and it also means you’re likely going to use it for a long time.
The great thing about handheld soda makers is that they are easily portable, so you can have them with you at home, in your office, if you’re going camping or on a picnic, or really anywhere.
iSi soda water siphon is powered by CO2, and there’s an ergonomic charger holder with a non-slip silicone grip. There’s also a pressure control valve that provides safety and comfort along with the measuring tube that prevents overfilling.
For some reason, instructions that come with the device are not very clear and they won’t help you use it in the right way. One thing not mentioned in the instructions is always to use the iSi water siphon with cold water. Also, put the empty siphon in the fridge before use to get the most out of it.
Unfortunately, the CO2 cartridges have to be purchased separately, so there are additional costs.
- Compact and portable
- Non-slip silicone grip
- Ergonomic charger holder
- Measuring tube prevents overfilling
- Not expensive
- Instructions are not clear
- CO2 cartridges are not included
5. SodaStream Jet Sparkling Water Maker Bundle – Not To Be Missed
Last but not least, we have another soda maker by SodaStream. This shouldn’t come as a surprise, given that SodaStream is one of the leading names in the industry. Many of their models have similar features, but there are always a few that make them distinctive.
This one is a bit simpler and doesn’t look as contemporary as our winner, but it’s still worth checking out. The design is compact and sleek enough for it to fit into any kitchen decor.
The SodaStream Jet sparkling water maker bundle is an ideal choice if you’ve never used a similar kitchen appliance before. The set has everything you could possibly need, which also makes it a great gift idea for someone who loves carbonated water.
In the bundle, you get the seltzer water maker, two 60L CO2 cylinders, three plastic bottles that you can use for up to two years, and two zero-calorie fruit drops (mango and raspberry). Plastic bottles are all BPA-free so you don’t have to worry about any health hazards.
Unlike most similar SodaStream models, the Jet model runs on CO2 cylinders, so there’s no need to connect it to an outlet. This makes it convenient since you can put it anywhere in your home, or even office.
It’s also very simple to use. Just lock the bottle in place, press one button, and voila, you’ll have sparkling water in a few seconds.
- A complete set
- Runs on CO2 cylinders
- Compact design
- Easy to use
- It can only be used with the bottle that comes included
Things To Consider Before You Buy A Soda Maker
Soda makers are generally expensive. However, consider all the benefits you get from investing money in a good soda maker. Making your own sparkling water to enjoy with your morning latte will save you money over time since you won’t need to buy excess amounts of cans and bottles.
This also means you’re being environmentally conscious and not contributing to the ongoing plastic pollution issues that our planet is dealing with. Plus, you get to experiment and have fun making all kinds of colorful cocktails or refreshing spritzers.
This is why it’s important to consider a few things before you spend your money. Let’s see what are the crucial factors to think about.
1. Countertop Vs. Handheld
- Before you choose a type of soda maker, the most important thing is to have access to clean, healthy water. To avoid spending extra money on bottled water, we recommend you get one of these water filters and enjoy clean sparkling water right from the tap.
- When choosing between countertop or handheld, it mostly depends on your preferences. Do you want a soda maker that you can easily take with you when you travel, or do you need one only for your kitchen?
- Handheld soda water siphons are portable and smaller in design. On the other hand, countertop models are a bit more efficient and they usually last longer compared to handheld options.
- We’ve included both types so you can check them out and see which one is the best choice for you.
- Another factor that completely depends on your needs. Some countertop soda makers require electricity, some don’t. Most of them are actually powered by CO2 cylinders, so you can place them anywhere and don’t have to worry about having a socket nearby.
- There are many great choices that need electricity, but if you want a more portable and convenient model, we suggest you look at those that run on CO2 cylinders.
- Most soda makers are smartly created so they don’t take up too much space on your kitchen counter. With a tall and narrow design, they are real space savers.
- When it comes to the material, there are two options, plastic and steel. Sometimes, it’s hard to tell a soda maker is made of plastic, because it’s usually high-quality, durable plastic. However, you can never compare plastic to stainless steel, because steel is the obvious winner. It’s much more durable and sturdy, and stainless steel soda makers will definitely serve you longer. Plus, steel is not as susceptible to damages as plastic is.
- Generally, soda makers are not very versatile. They have one specific purpose – to make sparkling water. This is not so bad because you can always add sparkling water to many beverages to make cocktails, spritzers, etc.
- But there are a few that can make a carbonated beverage out of anything, including wine, juices, flat sodas, or even beer. If this is something you deem interesting, we’ve included a soda maker that can do it all, so make sure to check it out!
Final Thoughts And Recommendations
Soda makers are an investment, and it’s one of those investments that don’t pay off right away, but rather in the long run. Not only will you save money, but you’ll also reduce your plastic footprint and contribute to saving our planet.
Now that we’ve seen our top five choices, we’d like to tell you about our top recommendations.
Best Overall: SodaStream Fizzi One Touch Sparkling Water Maker
- SodaStream is a trustworthy name when it comes to soda makers. The Fizzi One Touch Sparkling Water Maker bundle has all you could possibly need to make carbonated water at home. Just press a button and you’ll have sparkling water in a few seconds!
High-End Choice: AARKE – CARBONATOR II SPARKLING WATER MAKER
- The durable stainless steel construction combined with the chic design and high efficiency make the AARKE soda maker a winner. However, it is expensive, but if you can spend a bit more money on a soda maker, we highly suggest you go with this one.
Budget-Friendly Option: DrinkMate Sparkling Water and Soda Maker
- Not only is the DrinkMate soda maker budget-friendly, but it also works with all beverages. You can use it with water, wine, beer, juices, or flat sodas to make your favorite drink at home. The reasonable price is just a cherry on top.