Top 5 Best Snow Cone Machines 2020:
- Cuisinart SCM-10P1 Snow Cone Maker
- Time for Treats VKP1101 SnowFlake Snow Cone Maker
- Little Snowie 2 Ice Shaver
- Nostalgia SCM502 Vintage Snow Cone Maker
- Hawaiian Shaved Ice S900A Shaved Ice and Snow Cone Machine
Its summertime, and it is time to take a trip back to your childhood when life was so much simpler.
No school and all the free time in this world to spend it as you like. Running around with your friends, taking a dip at the local beach or a pool, chasing the ball, you name it.
All of a sudden, a wave of heat overcomes you, and you know that the only solution is in a tasty cold treat. A snow cone!
Now we all know that snow cones were our favorite summer desserts when we were kids. But that does not mean you are not allowed to enjoy them even now as an adult. That is why you desperately need the best snow cone machine in your home.
So take a trip down the memory lane with us today and try to find a perfect fit among our favorite models.
5 Best Snow Cone Machines In 2020: Detailed Reviews
1. Nostalgia SCM502 Vintage Snow Cone Maker – The Pretty Face
If you are looking to buy a snow cone maker that is so straightforward that your kids can use it without struggle, then Nostalgia SCM502 is what you’ve been looking for. What caught our eye was a vintage snow cone cart design that will surely add class and elegance to your kitchen. Yet we must tell you that this design isn’t flawless – the cart is somewhat unstable.
The shaving chamber is placed on the lid and equipped with a sturdy, sharp stainless steel blade that will smoothly shave the ice cubes for you in no time. The shaved ice collects in a see-through bin below the lid. The machine will turn on only if the lid is locked in place, ensuring you a safe operating. For additional safety, the device comes with a safety switch that will automatically turn the machine off.
Let’s not forget the fantastic capacity of 20 snow cones in a single run. The built-in shelf on the side can hold two cups at the same time. The machine is entirely made of BPA-free plastic, except the blades, of course. The accessories include an ice scoop and two reusable plastic cones. This unit is compatible with all Nostalgia snow cone kits available for purchase online.
- Straightforward to use
- Safety switch
- Stainless steel blade
- BPA-free plastic is used for construction
- Vintage design
- Holding capacity of 20 snow cones in a single run
- Built-in shelf with two reusable plastic cones
- Ice scoop
- Not very stable
2. Hawaiian Shaved Ice S900A Shaved Ice and Snow Cone Machine – The Life And Soul Of Every Party
The Hawaiian S900A is a perfect fit for kids’ birthday parties since it comes with a full set of goodies like three different flavored syrups with three pourers for easy serving, 25 paper cones, and 25 spoon straws.
The device features a coffee maker like design, and it will fit perfectly on your kitchen countertop. Also, it can easily be disassembled, which contributes to easier storing. The machine is made from BPA-free plastic, and it is ETL listed so you can be sure that your ice treats will be safe for consuming every time.
This model is very straightforward to use. It comes with two bowls that you can use as ice molds too; each mold can serve two snow cones. Simply place the ice into the shaving chamber that is equipped with stainless steel blades and press the top to start shaving the ice. You can choose the texture of the shaved ice by pressing harder or easier. Of course, this process can be very noisy, so be prepared.
This model is only for home use, and it tends to overheat, so it is recommended to let it cool off a bit after use and risk and damages. Besides making shaved ice, this appliance has a versatile application. You can use it for making slushies and margaritas, too, so cheer up.
- Versatile and easy to use
- BPA-free plastic
- ETL listed
- Stainless steel blades
- Compact design
- Comes with included accessories
- Tends to overheat
3. Little Snowie 2 Ice Shaver – Fastest Small Snow Cone Machine On The Market Nowadays
Although the Snowie Company is famous for making commercial snow cone machines, they also make smaller versions that are made for home use only. We guarantee you that Little Snowie 2 has no competition in the quality department on the market.
This is a second-generation premium quality device that is extremely easy to use. From now on, you can sit and relax while your kids are having the time of their life preparing sweet treats for everybody.
This model comes with a professional-grade high-speed motor and a 301 stainless steel blade that will turn ice into a fluffy sweet treat in seconds literally. In no more than 3 seconds, we were served with a portion of fluffy ice enough to fill up a single snow cone. The angled dispensing system will allow you to fill up a snow cone or bowl directly.
The device will only work when the lid is fully pressed down, so this guarantees you safe use for even the tiniest fingers. The exterior is made from high-quality BPA-free plastic. The machine is lightweight and portable with a convenient handle on the back of the machine that makes carrying more comfortable.
The package includes six samples of syrup and eight dishwasher-safe “Snowie Shovels” spoons. Like almost all other snow cone machines, this model too is pretty noisy. Also, the water from the melting ice will drip down the plastic dome, so make sure to always put a bigger bowl under it.
- High-speed motor and blade made from 301 stainless steel
- BPA-free plastic
- Lightweight and portable
4. Time for Treats VKP1101 SnowFlake Snow Cone Maker – Can It Be Easier?
This little fellow requires being hand operated. You can carry it with you anywhere you want since it doesn’t require electricity and it is very small and light-weighted.
The model is made from durable BPA-free plastic and comes with three stackable plastic ice molds with lids. It is recommended to use the ice made with these molds, but you can use standard ice too.
This model comes with an adjustable shaving blade made for stainless steel. The blade has a cover on it that must be removed before use. You can produce ice shavings just the way you prefer them fluffy or robust. All you need to do is tighten or loosen the screws on the blade.
Always make sure to turn the crank handle in the clockwise direction and apply downward pressure to produce ice shavings. You might doubt its stability since it is made from plastic and it requires applying some pressure during the use, that’s why we recommend you to hold it in place just in case.
Also, we believe that you are aware that this little machine is not as fast as the electric ones are, so be patient, and with a little bit of effort, you will have perfect fluffy ice for making snow cones. If you don’t mind the hand crank, then you will love this model since the price is more than affordable and comes with an adjustable blade that can be replaced.
- BPA-free plastic
- Stainless steel adjustable and replaceable blade
- Not fast as the electric ones
- Prone to rocking and sliding
5. Cuisinart SCM-10P1 Snow Cone Maker – Take Your Snow Cone Game To The Next Level
Cuisinart is a company very well known for its high-quality kitchen appliances. If you want to spend a reasonable amount of money on a snow cone maker that comes from a well-established brand, this is the pick for you.
This model is constructed from durable BPA-free plastic, but always handle it with precaution since the plastic can be easily broken if it falls.
What left us impressed the most was how safe this appliance is for use. The motor, machine blades, and a pull-out serving tray all come with an interlock safety feature to prevent any kind of injuries during the use.
The blade is made from stainless steel and will shave the ice cubes into fluffy ice in no time. By saying in no time, we mean five servings of ice per minute! You don’t need a lot of experience for using this device; just plug it, put the ice in the ice bin, and flip the switch to ON.
The ice bin is removable, which will make the cleaning part easier. The two fold-down cone holders will prevent a messy kitchen full of spilled syrup. The Cuisinart included BPA-free reusable cones as well as the paper cones too.
This machine is versatile and can make more than ice for snow cones. You can use it to make frozen lemonade, slushies’ and more. Since it is made for home use only, it can overheat after a few hours of continual use.
- BPA-free plastic
- Stainless steel blade
- Interlock safety feature
- Prone to overheating after a few hours of use
Why You Should Buy A Snow Cone Machine?
How many of you did ask yourself, should I buy a snow cone machine? The next following question was, for sure, when will I ever use it? But we want to ask you one more important question that will answer yours. Is there anyone who doesn’t like snow cones?
We don’t think so.
They are the perfect icy dessert for the whole family on long hot summers. We can’t deny that both kids and adults enjoy this summer treat with a special kind of love. Is there anything that bonds family better than spending time in a fun and creative way?
We think these are reasons enough for you to purchase and install a snow cone machine in your home as of today.
Things To Consider When Purchasing The Best Snow Cone Machine
Here we will show you the ultimate list of things you should consider before making a decision.
- Every model has its specific quantity that can be produced in a single run. Since you are looking for a model that will be used for home purposes, you can opt for smaller or medium models that can neatly fit on your countertop.
- Also, if you are planning to use this device regularly, make sure to purchase the one that is recommended for consistent use, or you will risk damaging the machine.
2. Electric Or Manual model
- The choice between these two types mainly depends on your preferences and how many people you want to serve. If you have a large family, the electric models are better since they are faster and can produce a more significant amount of ice in a single go.
- This is also important if you plan on carrying the machine with you. If you want to take your snow cone machine on, for example, a field trip, then make sure you pack the manual one.
- Since these machines will be purchased for home use, that means kids will want to use them. Look for safety features like automatic shut off, safety lid, and safety shields.
- Most of the machines are made from BPA-free plastic, stainless steel, or rarely aluminum. If you don’t mind spending some money and you want to purchase the model that will be able to serve you for years, then go for a machine that is entirely made from stainless steel.
- Always choose the model with stainless steel blades. Not only because stainless steel is the safest option when we talk about food. You will also this way produce ice shavings that will be fluffier, and the life span of your machine will be prolonged.
6. Motor And Shaving Speed
- The powerful motor means more speed; more speed means less waste. Summers are sweltering, and machines with a less powerful engine will be slower. This means ice will be exposed to heat way longer than it should and will start melting. Tell us who loves melting snow cones?
7. Ease Of Use And Design
- A snow cone machine comes in a variety of designs. Some are eye-catching, while others are less pretty but easy to clean and use. We would always recommend you go for the models who are more comfortable to use and clean than for those who will sit pretty in your kitchen but give you a headache when handling and cleaning.
Owning a snow cone machine can result in spending endless hours of fun with your family. If you have a large family with a lot of kiddos running around, why miss out on having a blast with them by investing a little bit of money in a snow cone machine.
Best Overall Value: Cuisinart SCM-10P1 Snow Cone Maker
- This is a perfect machine for you if you love hosting parties and serve snow cones to both kids and adults. However, this model can offer you so much more (crushed ice for cocktails and shrimps, frozen lemonade). It is fast, versatile, safe, affordable, and it has an excellent serving capacity.
Best Budget Option: Time for Treats VKP1101 SnowFlake Snow Cone Maker
- There is nothing not to love about this little machine. It is small and manually operated so that you can use it anywhere you want it. But do you want to know what the best part is? The price is so low that you will want to buy one more.
Premium Pick: Little Snowie 2 Ice Shaver
- The ultimate winner if you ask us. We know it is a bit pricey, but all the features that this machine can offer to you justify the price. If you are up to investing in a snow cone machine that will guarantee you safety and longevity, this is your best pick.