Top 5 Best Shelf Liners 2021:
- Warp Brothers Warp’s Plast O Mat Shelf Liner
- Conimar Shelf Liner
- Duck Select Grip EasyLiner Shelf Liner
- Sterling Shelf Liners
- Macbeth Collection Shelf Liner
Do you want all your cabinets to be not only neat and clean but also protected?
You can achieve that by simply buying a few shelf liners. If you use shelf liners, you will prolong the life of all your cabinets for just a few bucks. As a bonus, many shelf-liners nowadays look great too and are sure to add to the aesthetics of your cabinets as well.
It might seem like an easy task, but finding the best shelf liner does require a bit of pre-thought. As always, our buying guide is here to help you make an informed decision. We have also chosen five top candidates currently sold on the market. Let’s go through them together and help you identify the best shelf liner for your home.
5 Best Shelf Liners In 2021: Detailed Reviews
1. Warp Brothers Warp’s Plast O Mat Shelf Liner – Versatile, neutral liner that can be used both indoors & outdoors
The Warp Brothers Plast O Mat shelf liner is an inexpensive solution for lining any type of shelf in your home. It is almost see-through, and thus works great for glass refrigerator shelves that need to let the light through, or any similar scenario. Unfortunately, being transparent, it lacks the aesthetic aspect we have mentioned before. Of course, the neutral color has a lot of benefits too.
This liner features ribbed texture on one side and smooth surface on the other. Raised bands secure the liner in place but also allow for air-flow keeping your surfaces mold-free.
As it comes in a roll, you might need to use our hairdryer advice to flatten it out, but once you do it, it will remain flat and will not shift around. The ribbed low-density polyethylene material is soft enough to provide cushion protection for your fragile items too.
The Warp’S Plast O Mat liner is not only highly durable but versatile and can be used for outdoor shelves as well. It does not retain water, so you can also use it in a high-humidity environment. It comes in a roll and measures 12″ wide and 20 feet long in total, but you can easily cut it to fit your shelves.
- Clear, neutral color
- High gloss finish
- Breathable, eliminating the risk of mold build-up
- Allows water to flow through
- Can be used both indoors and outdoors
- Highly durable yet cushions the storage surface
- You need to get it flat as it comes in a roll
2. Conimar Shelf Liner – Locking tabs liner ideal for wired shelves
If you need a high-quality liner for your wired shelves, you should consider the Conimar shelf liner. It comes in a roll that can be either 12 or 16 inches wide and ten feet long, but it is easy to trim to the size of your shelves.
Conimar shelf liner is made from semi-transparent plastic, so it will not do much for your home decor. However, being neutral, it will fit into any color pattern.
Thanks to its solid surface and top and bottom non-slip features, it will provide ample support for your items. The integrated locking tabs allow you to secure this liner in one place so that it does not move and cause damage to your belongings. This makes it kid-friendly as well. The tabs are 12 inches apart, though, so depending on your shelf layout, you might not be able to make use of all of them.
You do not necessarily need to use it for wired shelves; it does a great job of protecting any hard surface. It can save your wood cabinets from dents and scratches or keep your fridge or bathroom shelves hygienic.
The liner is waterproof and can be wiped clean. It is a bit expensive, though.
- Semi-transparent, neutral color
- Locking tabs to hold it in place on wired surfaces
- Non-slip top and bottom
- Super-easy to clean
- You can cut it to the desired size with scissors
- The liner is rigid and comes in a roll so it will not lie fully flat immediately
3. Duck Select Grip EasyLiner Shelf Liner – Non-adhesive soft liner with grippy bottom
The Duck Select Grip EasyLiner is an affordable solution to line up all your solid surface shelves. It will not work with wired shelves or shelves that need to be protected from water damage since it features a soft and perforated texture.
The little holes are not there in vain, though. They allow for air-flow keeping your shelves mold-free.
If you were hoping for color pop, we are sorry to inform you that we are still keeping our choices neutral as to satisfy the widest audience. On the brighter note, this shelf liner offers grippy bottom that will keep all your items secure in one place without you having to deal with any hard-to-remove adhesives. Soft texture protects your shelves from dents and scratches too.
This Duck EasyLiner comes in a roll that is 12 inches wide and twenty feet long so you can measure up your shelves and cut the liner to the desired width and lenght. You will have no trouble whatsoever as scissors go through it rather smoothly.
You can cold wash the liner in your machine, but it is not dishwasher safe nor able to withstand high temperatures.
- Firm, grippy bottom
- Breathable, perforated surface
- Keeps all your items in place
- Soft, protects fragile items
- Easy to cut
- Machine washable.
- Uniform pattern.
- Cold wash only, not dishwasher safe
- Not suitable for wired shelves
4. Sterling Shelf Liners – Thick, heavy-duty liner for wire shelves
The Sterling Shelf liners are high-quality, heavy-duty liners designed primarily for wire shelves. Still, you can use them whenever & wherever you need a smooth, waterproof and easy-to-clean liner.
They are neutral looking, semi-transparent, but you can also purchase black and graphite versions. You can choose the appropriate size as well since these liners come pre-cut in most common shelf sizes. As a result, there is no need to cut them on your own – it is all already done clean and neat! Besides being machine-precision cut, these liners feature practical semi-circle edges for a perfect fit around shelf corner bars.
Sterling Shelf liner is made from sturdy and durable 30 gauge polypropylene. It is safe, non-toxic, and does not emit any unpleasant odor. It is waterproof as well.
Cleaning is a breeze – you can simply wipe the liners clean and even disinfect them when needed. These liners are widely used in industrial spaces as well. They cannot handle a lot of weight, though, especially near the edges.
These Sterling liners come in sets of four, which does not work well for everyone. The price tag is on the higher end as well.
- Different color and size options
- Made of high-quality 30 gauge polypropylene
- No need to cut – they come pre-cut
- Cornered edges for a perfect fit
- The smooth plastic surface is easy to clean and keep sanitary
- Suitable for both in-home and industrial use
- Not suitable for very heavy items
- Come in sets of four, what if you need five?
5. Macbeth Collection Shelf Liner – Colorful, self-adhesive shelf liners
If you were holding your breath for some colorful designs and exciting patterns, you can breathe out and enjoy the Macbeth Collection Shelf liners. Finally, you can choose between six different colors and patterns and upgrade the aesthetics of your home. All the offered designs are very modern and easy to fit into any contemporary decor.
Even though we do not prefer the adhesive bottom, it is often the most practical solution for our shelves. Thus these self-adhesive liners deserve the spot on our top five list too. Adhesive liners are especially useful around kids – they can shake the shelves and cabinets all they want, nothing will fall off.
Macbeth liners are waterproof so that you can use them in your bathroom or for your refrigerator shelves as well. They are ideal for outdoor tables and shelves too as they handle all weather elements rather well.
Smooth surface cleans easily. You can use soap and water to wash it or simply wipe it clean.
These liners are reasonably priced. They come in sets of two and can cover up to 30 square feet of the surface. They can easily be cut to match any desired dimensions. The adhesive does not leave a residue once you remove the liners.
- Self-adhesive, always stay in place
- Come in six patterns and colors.
- Shrink resistant
- Easy cleaning
- Easy to cut to the proper size
- A bit tricky to install and remove
How To Choose The Best Shelf Liner
Impulsive shopping is never a good idea. Shopping for shelf liners is no exception.
A shelf-liner is a simple product, but you can still make a mistake and purchase a product you will regret buying. To prevent that scenario, all you need to do is consider a few crucial things before you make your final decision.
We have listed them to make things easier for you:
- Adhesive shelf liners feature sticky bottoms that keep them firmly in place. They will not move even if you often restock your cabinets or move around things you keep in them. However, when it comes time to remove them, be prepared for some tiresome scrubbing as they can be very tricky to remove completely. If your cabinet surface is prone to adhesive damage, you have done yourself a disservice by buying this type of liner in the first place.
- Non-adhesive shelf liner might not have sticky bottoms, but you can still find some that feature some sort of grip bottom design. If you opt for non-adhesive liners, we recommend you find the ones with a ribbed pattern or locking tabs. In this way, your liner will stay in place but will be easy to remove as well.
2. Width And Length
- It is of most significant importance to measure your shelf surface precisely before you go out to buy the shelf liners. If you do not buy the correct width and length to cover the entire surface, you have failed at protecting your shelves and just wasted your money.
- For best results, use a ruler and note down all the dimensions. If the liner you plan to buy comes in a roll, you will simply transfer the measurements onto the liner before you cut it as neatly as possible. In this way, you will avoid any mistakes whatsoever.
- Depending on the items you plan to keep in your cabinet, you can choose a liner of a specific texture. There are many options, but most of the times it comes down to two main ones:
- The smooth, plastic surface
- Soft surface made of synthetic fabrics
- Plastic liners are easier to maintain as you can simply wipe them clean. You can also disinfect them if needed. However, they do not protect your shelves and cabinets, nor the items you store as much as the soft-type liners.
- Therefore, for damage-prone items such as your dishes or glasses, that could easily get scratched or broken, it is best to buy a soft shelf liner with a cushion grip effect
4. Type Of Shelf You Plan To Line
- There are two main shelf types:
- wired shelves (shelves with holes)
- hard shelves (shelves without holes)
- Logically, if you have wired shelves, you need to buy a hard surface liner that keeps its form and does not sink into the wire gauges. It will provide stability for any item you place on it.
- Hard-surface shelves can be lined with any type of liner, so you should best choose while having in mind the items you plan to store on them.
- If the shelf you plan to line is exposed to high-humidity, like in your bathroom or refrigerator, you should best opt for a shelf liner that can absorb moisture and is easy to clean. In this way, you’ll be able to maintain proper hygiene more easily.
- As we have already mentioned, shelf liners have an aesthetic value as well. First of all, there are numerous colors and patterns you can choose from to match your home decor or your personal style
6. Ease Of Maintenance
- The primary purpose of shelf liners is to help keep your shelves and cabinets neat and clean. What would be the point if they are hard to maintain and clean?
- Make sure you know how the liners you plan to buy should be best kept clean. Some require hand washing, while others can be machine washed as well. We bet you prefer the latter option; we do too.
- We have already said that plastic liners are the easiest to maintain as they can simply be wiped clean. If you want to make sure you have eliminated all the bacteria or microbes that can harm your health, you can use disinfectants as well.
- Most soft liners can be washed in your machine, just like any other cloth. However, if you want to keep them bacteria and microbe-free as well, you should make sure they can handle high temperatures without shrinking or creasing.
- If your liner has been rolled up and you need to flatten it out, you can use your hairdryer. Just remember to keep it on medium heat settings and about six inches away, or you risk creasing your liner.
Now that you are familiar with the best shelf liners you can buy, it should be easy to choose the liners for your precious cabinets. Just remember to take all the needed measurements with you when you go out shopping.
Basically, you cannot go wrong with any of the shelf liner on our list. It comes done to your preferences and the type of cabinet or shelf you plan to line. Therefore, make up your mind quickly and protect and decorate your shelves- we are sure you‚ll be proud of yourself!
If you feel spoilt for choice and you still cannot make your decision, our recommendation is the Warp Brothers Warp’s Plast O Mat Shelf Liner. It is an affordable, versatile, and highly-practical option. If you have wire shelves, opt for equally magnificent Conimar Shelf Liner.