Top 5 Best Poultry Shears 2021:
- Gerior Spring Loaded Poultry Shears
- Heirloom Culinary Poultry Shears
- Zulay Kitchen Spring-Loaded Poultry Shears
- TANSUNG Poultry Shears
- Twinwolf Heavy Duty Spring Loaded Poultry Shears
Everyone with a bit of experience in cooking knows the importance of good kitchen tools. One of them are poultry shears. Not only are poultry shears convenient and useful, but they are also one of the most versatile kitchen tools!
With a good pair of poultry shears, you can debone or butterfly chicken and turkey, you can descale a fish, chop up vegetables and herbs, cut lobsters, barbeque meat, and other grilling preparations! You can use them to cut cardboard boxes, or in your garden for thick flower stems. Some shears even have a built-in bottle opener and a peeler for fruits. The possibilities are endless!
Poultry shears are truly one of the most multipurpose tools, and they are an essential tool everyone should have in their kitchen. Because they are so popular, you can find a lot of options on the market, so the question is how to choose only the best?
Don’t worry, we’ve got you covered with our list of the best poultry shears on the market. So sit back and enjoy as we tell you about our top five shears that made the list. Let’s dive in!
5 Best Poultry Shears In 2021: Detailed Reviews
1. Gerior Spring Loaded Poultry Shears – Best Choice
It’s highly unlikely you’ll come across better poultry shears than these by Gerior. These spring-loaded shears are one of the most popular Gerior products and for a reason. They have a strong design, heavy-duty construction, and they are multipurpose!
Gerior poultry shears feature anti-slip, micro-serrated blades made of stainless steel. The blades are 3mm wide and the manufacturer used an innovative German CNC Technology to give them a precise finish. The stainless steel is food grade, so it’s completely safe to use with food.
These high-quality poultry shears are durable, resistant to rust, and with a length of 9.35 inches, they are extremely versatile. You can use them to slice through raw meat or tough tendons, they are ideal for butterflying a whole chicken or turkey, trimming fat, descaling a fish, and chopping up vegetables and herbs.
Keep in mind that these shears are not dishwasher safe, so make sure to never put them in a dishwasher. Instead, you should always wash them manually, and dry them immediately, so the blades stay super sharp. Washing them by hand shouldn’t be difficult because they come apart easily, so you can separate the blades and wash them quickly and thoroughly.
The shears also have an amazing safety feature. There is a safety lever that you can switch to middle position to use, the right position to keep them closed or to the left position for store.
- Heavy-duty construction
- 3mm stainless steel blades
- Non-slip feature
- Safety lever
- Not dishwasher safe
2. Heirloom Culinary Poultry Shears – Our Premium Pick
Heirloom Culinary Poultry Shears are a heavy-duty, sophisticated kitchen tool that comes in a luxurious, decorative box. With their elegance, beauty, toughness, and efficiency, these are the finest poultry shears money can buy.
The amazing thing about these shears is that they are made of 4mm thick and sharp high-quality stainless steel that goes all the way through which means no more broken handles! The manufacturer stands by this revolutionary design and it’s guaranteed they will never come apart, no matter how wide you open the blades!
The handles are spring-loaded, so your hand won’t ever get tired, and you have a firm grip and full control of the scissors. They are also ergonomically shaped to fit both right and left hand, so whether you’re left-handed or right-handed, they’ll sit in your hand comfortably and it’s very convenient to use them.
You can use Heirloom Culinary Shears for chicken, turkey, steak, seafood, delicious lobster, barbeque, and all grilling preparations! They are also great for spatchcocking, butterflying, and boning chicken, turkey, and fish, as well as herbs and vegetables. Thanks to the thick blades, they can be used to cut plastic, thin sheets of metal or thick cardboard boxes!
Since these poultry shears come in beautiful packaging, they can be a great gift for someone who loves to cook or for a professional chef! Plus, you also get a cookbook with 191 secret Italian family recipes included!
- Thick 4mm stainless steel blades
- Innovative design
- Ergonomic shape
- Very multipurpose
- Cookbook included
- They’re a bit pricey
3. Zulay Kitchen Spring-Loaded Poultry Shears – Budget-Friendly Option
If you don’t feel like spending more money than necessary on poultry shears, these by Zulay are the ones for you. They have a simple design, but they’re efficient, easy to use, and they’re more than enough for everyday cooking needs.
Zulay poultry shears are designed to be heavy-duty shears with a spring-loaded handle. They have ultra-sharp blades made of 3cr14 stainless steel that’s safe to use with food. This means that they’re durable as well as rust-resistant. The shears are 9.5 inches long and they’re big and strong enough to cut through any kind of meat, and for butterflying and deboning chicken, turkey and fish. You can also use them to chop vegetables and herbs or even to slice a pizza!
The handle is very ergonomically shaped to feel comfortable in your hand and to give you a firm grip. It’s made of thermoplastic rubber combined with polypropylene material. It also has anti-slip and anti-skid features to prevent slips, and it’s spring-loaded so your hand won’t start to hurt after prolonged use.
As a safety feature, there is a red clip on the handle that keeps the shears closed to prevent accidents when not in use. It’s not recommended to put Zulay poultry shears in a dishwasher but instead to wash them by hand with warm soapy water!
- Super affordable price
- Non-slip rubber handle
- Food-grade stainless steel
- Safety features
- Not as tough as some other shears
4. TANSUNG Poultry Shears – All-In-One Kitchen Tool
Another great choice that you definitely won’t regret buying is TANSUNG Poultry Shears. These incredible shears are made by a brand that has almost 30 years of experience in producing only high-quality, high-performance kitchen tools!
These poultry shears are made of a special kind of stainless steel, 5Cr15MoV steel, which is widely used in making high-quality chef knives. On top of that, the company used CNC Technology to make the blades extremely sharp and precise. The blades are also resistant to rust, and they’re highly durable.
The shears have a spring technology, so you won’t feel hand fatigue even after using them for a long time. They have a sturdy construction and sharp blades, a perfect combination for cutting raw meat, scraping fish scales, chopping up herbs and vegetables, cracking nuts, and butterflying and deboning chicken, turkey and fish. The shears also have a bottle opener and a peeler for fruits and vegetables. Talk about multipurpose!
There is also a locking lever, which is a great safety feature because it keeps the shears closed when not in use. Unlike most poultry shears, these are completely safe to put in a dishwasher. It’s also very easy to clean them by hand because they come apart, and you can separately wash the blades. They also come in a nice box, so they can be a great gift idea!
- High-quality stainless steel blades
- The shears have a bottle opener and a peeler
- Locking lever for safety
- Dishwasher safe
- Some users complained that the handle is not durable
5. Twinwolf Heavy Duty Spring Loaded Poultry Shears – Unique Design
Last, but certainly not least, the Twinwolf spring loaded poultry shears. These shears are one of the best on the market, but they’re on the more expensive side, so if you don’t mind spending a few extra bucks on poultry shears, you’ll love them!
Twinwolf poultry shears have a distinctive and innovative design. What makes them unique compared to other shears is the design of the handle. The handle is somewhat thinner than on other shears, and at first glance, it may not seem like it can withstand heavy-duty use. On the contrary, the handle is very strong and it’s been designed to not feel as bulky in your hand, but to feel comfortable and easy to maneuver while doing the heavy-duty job.
The handle is black and elegant, and it features a 3D scale surface that makes it anti-slip and anti-push. This means that the shears won’t slip out of your hand even if it’s wet, and because the handle is spring-loaded, your arm won’t start to hurt at any time. You can use them for chicken, turkey, fish, vegetables, herbs and so on!
The blades are made of high-quality stainless steel which is durable and rust-resistant, so these shears are guaranteed to last you for many years without rusting even after many uses and lots of washing. They are dishwasher safe, but it’s recommended to wash them by hand to prolong their lifetime!
- Innovative handle design
- Sharp stainless steel blades
- Anti-slip and anti-push features
- The blades don’t come apart for easier cleaning
Things To Consider Before You Buy Poultry Shears
Poultry shears may not be the most expensive kitchen tool, but it’s still a good idea to inform yourself on what to consider and what features are important so you don’t waste any money. When it comes to poultry shears, there are a lot of options to choose from, so let’s see what separates the best ones from the rest!
- If you want to cut tough meat or debone a chicken, the tool you’re going to use has to be super sharp. So the blades are the crucial feature of poultry shears!
- Most shears have blades made of stainless steel, because it’s a durable material, and it’s resistant to rust and corrosion. This means that you’ll be able to use it for a long time before you notice any signs of wear od damages. Stainless steel is also sharp and tends to stay that way for a long time.
- When it comes to sharpness, some blades are micro-serrated, which means they will stay sharp longer than those that aren’t. If the blade is smooth, it may require sharpening from time to time.
- Some of the high-end shears are made with the famous CNC Technology, which is an automated control processed by a computer to produce extremely precise blades. This technology is used to enhance the sharpness of the blade and to make it stay sharp for a long time.
- The blade also has to be thick. Anything less than 3mm is probably not the best idea for shears, since it may not be strong enough for heavy-duty use. Most shears have blades that are 3-4mm thick.
- The handle is the second most important feature. It’s crucial that the handle has an ergonomic shape and also some kind of a non-slip feature. Most shears have handles made to be used by both left-handed and right-handed people, which is very nice and convenient.
- The material of the blade has to be some sort of rubber or some other material that’s non-slip, even when shears or your hand is wet. This is the number-one safety feature! If the handle isn’t anti-slip, there is a high risk of getting hurt.
- The shape of the handle is also important because it has to feel comfortable in your hand, especially if you’re going to use it for a long period of time. This is the reason why most shears have a spring mechanism. It prevents hand fatigue!
- Yet another reason why you should get poultry shears is because of their multipurposeness! You can use poultry shears for butterflying and deboning chicken and turkey, for descaling a fish, chopping up vegetables and herbs, cutting lobster, barbeque meat, slicing a pizza, and so on! You can even use them for cutting cardboard boxes, or thin metal sheets. Some can be used in a garden for cutting thick flower stems! There are shears that have a built-in bottle opener and peeler for vegetables and fruits!
4. Safety Features
- Since they are so sharp, poultry shears have to have some sort of safety features. Most of them have a locking lever that keeps the blades closed when not in use. Some also come with a protective sheath so the blade is never exposed.
- Always make sure to check what kind of safety feature there is, especially if you have little kids who could get to them!
- Most poultry shears are not dishwasher safe. There are some that are safe to put in a dishwasher, but almost all manufacturers recommend washing it by hand to prolong their lifetime and the sharpness of the blade.
- So, instead of putting them in a dishwasher, wash your shears with warm water and soap, and make sure to dry them immediately to keep the blade sharp for as long as possible. Many shears have blades that come apart, which is an amazing feature because it makes washing them by hand even easier and safer!
Final Thoughts And Recommendations
Poultry shears are useful multipurpose kitchen tools. The biggest question is how to choose the best ones. We’ve carefully selected and tried out a lot of options, and we’re confident in our choices. Now, we’d love to tell you our top recommendations!
Best Choice: Gerior Spring Loaded Poultry Shears
- Gerior is a brand that makes only high-quality products like these shears. They are heavy-duty shears with sturdy construction, sharp blades made with the CNC Technology, non-slip ergonomic handle, and they are extremely multipurpose! On top of all this, they’re affordable!
Our Premium Pick: Heirloom Culinary Poultry Shears
- There are no better words to describe this tool than elegancy, beauty, efficiency, and toughness. Poultry shears made by Heirloom Culinary are one of the best high-end shears. They perform amazingly, they are versatile, and they come in a beautiful gift box. If you don’t mind the price, you won’t find a better choice!
Budget-Friendly Option: Zulay Kitchen Spring-Loaded Poultry Shears
- Poultry shears don’t have to be expensive to perform well, and these by Zulay are a proof of that. Although they have a more simple design compared to some others, they are still strong shears that can be used not only for poultry but for many other things as well! And, they cost less than 10 dollars!