Top 5 Best Pot Holders 2021:
- HOMWE Silicone Oven Mitts and Pot-Holders
- Cuisinart Quilted Silicone Pot Holders
- DII Cotton Terry Pot-Holders
- Ritz Royale 100% Cotton Terry Cloth Pot-Holder
- Love This Kitchen Pot-Holders
While pot holders aren’t the sexiest thing in the world, nor are they on the top of the wedding registries.
However, these kitchen accessories are quite useful. Even more so than you’d think.
Unlike kitchen towels many people use to protect their hands from hot pots and pans, pot holders are far more efficient and more stylish.
Unfortunately, picking the best pot holder for your needs can quickly turn into a nightmare. If you’re unfamiliar with these accessories, then you’ll have trouble understanding which material will offer the best heat protection.
And this isn’t where the nightmare ends. You’ll also have trouble finding a model that’ll last you for more than a couple of months because the market is flooded with cheap, low-quality pot holders.
Thankfully, you’re in the right place. In this article we’ll show you five best pot holders on the current market, and we’ll teach you how to pick the best model for your needs.
5 Best Pot Holders In 2021: Detailed Reviews
Before we get into the nitty-gritty of teaching you how to choose the best model for your needs, you can check out our list of top five pot holders on the current market.
We made sure to include both silicone and cotton pot holders to give you a clear picture of what’s the market like.
1. HOMWE Silicone Oven Mitts and Pot-Holders – Editor’s Choice
Our top pick is a bit controversial because this product from HOMWE doesn’t just include a pot-holder, but also oven mitts. And if you know how useful either of these two accessories is, then you know how hard it is to choose between the two.
This is why HOMWE decided to package both of these kitchen accessories in one neat package and end your indecisiveness forever. And what a package it is.
Out of the box, you get two oven mitts and two-pot holders. Both are built out of heat-resistant silicone, so you don’t have to worry about them getting soggy if you accidentally get them wet. That’s because silicone is entirely water-proof.
This is not where the goodness ends. Both the mitts and the pot-holders feature a circle pattern making them completely slip-resistant. No matter how hot and greasy/wet the pot is, you can rest assured that they won’t slip if you hold them with either of these two accessories.
The silicone used in this set is resistant to temperatures of up to 450 degrees F, which makes them suitable even for all types of cooking.
- Comes with oven-mitts
- Absolutely none
2. Cuisinart Quilted Silicone Pot Holders – Runner Up
When compiling this list, we were having trouble deciding which product to put in the first place. The only reason why HOMWE won over this product is that it also comes with oven mitts.
However, this doesn’t make the pot-holder set from Cuisinart any less useful than the HOME set.
This is because these pot-holders can also serve as oven mitts. Why? Well, because they feature hand pockets. No matter if you’re trying to check on the chicken roast in the oven, or if you’re trying to move a hot pot from the stove to the dining table, these pot-holders got you covered.
The Cuisinart pot-holder is capable of withstanding temperatures of up to 500 degrees Fahrenheit, making them excellent for heavy-duty cooking.
When it comes to materials, one side is built out of silicone while the other is made out of quilted cotton. Both sides feature a ribbed, non-slip pattern to ensure the best possible grip.
And on top of this, the Cuisinart pot-holder is quite large, so you don’t have to worry about having trouble putting them on.
The only thing we disliked about this product is that the cotton side is prone to chafing.
- Can be used as an oven mitt
- The cotton side is prone to chafing
3. DII Cotton Terry Pot-Holders – Most Affordable
Are you looking for a pot-holder set that’s affordable? Do you prefer a more traditional design of pot-holders? Do you want a pot-holder that’s available in more than a dozen colors?
If you answered yes to any of the questions above, then you might be interested in our third pick. The DII Cotton Terry Pot-Holders comes in a set of three matching pot-holders and comes in more than two dozen colors.
The DII pot-holder features soft terry cloth on one side and Silverstone lining on the other. This Silverstone lining is capable of withstanding temperatures of up to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. And while this might not be as high as the other two products on this list, it’s more than enough to allow you to handle most hot pots.
The only downside to this product is that the Silverstone lining is prone to melting if exposed to high heat. However, this is more than a reasonable trade-off once you factor in their affordable price.
The DII Cotton terry pot-holder is definitely worth it if you’re doing light cooking like making soups and roasting chickens.
- Very affordable
- Available in more than two dozen colors
- Comes in a pack of three
- Silverstone lining is prone to melting
4. Ritz Royale 100% Cotton Terry Cloth Pot-Holder – Best Cotton Pot-Holder
Looking for a pot-holder that‘s built out of traditional materials? Your prayers have been answered in the form of the Ritz Royale Collection 100% Terry Cloth pot-holder.
The Ritz company is in the kitchen textile business for over 100 years, and these pot-holders are an excellent example of their tradition of making high-quality kitchen accessories.
The Ritz Royale pot-holders come in a set of two and are built out of 100% Cotton Terry cloth. This fabric is well-known for being heat resistant while staying soft to the touch.
To ensure you have the best possible grip on your hot pots and pans, the Ritz Royale features a hand pocket. These pockets allow you to slip your hands into them and get a more firm hold on the handles or the sides of the pot/pan.
On top of that, this pot-holder is available in eight different colors to ensure you can color match them with your kitchen.
The only downside to this product is that it’s not water-resistant. This is because it’s built out of cotton rather than silicone. We advise you don’t get them wet because they’ll lose their heat resistance.
- Soft to the touch
- Available in 8 different colors
- Not water-proof
5. Love This Kitchen Pot-Holders – Best Silicone Pot-Holder
If you’ve ever used a wet kitchen towel to hold a hot pot, you know how fast it goes from cold to scalding hot. The same goes for cloth pot-holders.
This is where silicone pot-holders come into play. These kitchen accessories are not just water-proof, but extremely durable, and Love This Kitchen Pot-Holder is a perfect example of that.
This pot-holder is like we mentioned, built out of silicone. This material is very heat-resistant, being able to withstand temperatures of up to 442 degrees Fahrenheit. And on top of that, this pot-holder features a textured surface to ensure the pot you’re holding doesn’t accidentally slip out of your hands.
What’s more, this product is very versatile. Besides allowing you to hold hot pans and pots, it can also protect your kitchen counter from damage. This pot-holder can also be used as a trivet.
The versatility doesn’t end there. You can also use this pot-holder to protect your kitchen surface from moisture. You can place a pitcher of iced beverage on it, and this pot holder will collect the condensation.
The only issue we have with this product is that it’s a tad bit small. Measuring only 7×7 inches, this pot-holder isn’t ideal for persons with large hands.
- A bit too small
What Is A Pot Holder, And Why Do You Need One?
You are in a hurry in the kitchen. Between stirring the soup and preparing the dessert, you forgot to take the chicken out of the oven.
Without hesitation, you rush to the oven. And in the blink of an eye, it already happened. You grabbed the hot oven pan with your bare hands and burned yourself.
This scenario happened to all of us at least once in our lives, not just the clumsy ones. Even if you are a professional chef cook, it has happened, and it will probably happen again.
If you want to avoid this situation, you need a pot-holder.
Because no kitchen is complete without a pot-holder.
Pot-holders are unique kitchen accessories that protect your skin from getting burned on hot kitchen pots. They come in various shapes and styles, so you can get one that will match your kitchen design.
Sure, you can just grab an ordinary kitchen towel, and it will do the job. However, a pot-holder will do the job much better.
Pot-holders are named that way for a reason. Unlike an ordinary kitchen towel, a pot-holder is made out of heat-resistant material. This basically means that there is almost no chance of getting burned while using one.
Take note that even though pot-holders are heat-resistant, they are not heat-proof. So, there still is a slight chance you’ll get burned.
But don’t worry, though. Most of the pot-holders offer heat-resistance up to 450 degrees Fahrenheit.
Because safety is one of the things you should most worry about, a pot-holder will keep your kitchen counter and dinner table burn-free. How? Because you can use almost all pot-holders as trivets.
5 Factors You Should Consider When Buying A Pot Holder
Because these kitchen accessories come in various shapes, sizes, styles, and materials, here are five factors you should consider when buying the best pot-holder for your kitchen.
- Because pot-holders are meant for protecting your hands from getting burned, heat-resistance is the first factor to consider.
- It is quite evident that pot-holders should be able to withstand high temperatures. They should provide you with the necessary safety in the kitchen.
- Look for a pot-holder that can withstand temperatures from 400 to 450 degrees Fahrenheit without melting, catching fire, or warping.
- The more heat-resistant the pot-holder, the better. With a model with high heat-resistance, you can be guaranteed that you won’t burn your hands.
- The material of the pot-holder plays an important role. Most pot-holders are made of silicone and Terry cloth.
- Terry cloth material is, in some way, the same as a regular kitchen towel. It is soft, thick and durable, but isn’t waterproof and very heat-resistant.
- When it comes to pot-holders made from silicone, they are more heat-resistant and are waterproof. Most of them have non-slip surfaces, so you’ll have a good grip on the heavy pans and pots.
- If you want a silicone pot-holder, look for one that is FDA approved and free from BPA.
- Can’t decide between the two materials? No need to worry. There are pot-holders on the market that incorporate these two materials into one design.
- The soft Terry cloth will feel smooth and gentle on your hand, while the silicone will protect you from the heat. This design is truly the best of both worlds.
- Like with everything in the kitchen, even the pot-holder will get dirty due to occasional spillage.
- Because you will be using the pot-holder daily, it should be easy to clean. Look for a model that you can wipe clean or one that you can wash in your sink or in the dishwasher.
- Another good thing about silicone pot-holders is that they’re really easy to clean. Most of the time, you won’t even have to wash it with soap. An occasional wipe with a wet cloth will do the job more than nicely.
- Pot-holders made form Terry cloth can be hand-washed or washed in the machine. So, these are also an excellent choice.
- If you don’t like washing by hand, we recommend you to get yourself a silicone pot-holder. Wash it along with the dishes, and it’ll be as good as new.
- Because you’ll be using the pot-holder a lot and you’ll also grip hot items with it, they must provide comfort.
- An ideal pot-holder should be like an extension for your hand. It should be easy to handle, and you should be able to feel whatever you’re holding with it beneath your fingers while using it.
- The pot-holder shouldn’t be cumbersome and uncomfortable so much that it prevents you from having a tight grip on the hot pots.
- So, before you make the final purchase, try the pot-holder on. If it feels good in your hand and doesn’t slip, it’s the right choice.
- For those of you who like to keep everything in tone, style is an essential factor to consider.
- We are sure that you would like to find a pot-holder that will perfectly fit and match your kitchen. And we are sure you’ll be successful in your search.
- With the various colors, styles, and shapes that are on the market, there is more than one pot-holder that matches your kitchen.
- You’ll surely find the best pot-holder that will protect you and be stylish at the same time.
Our Final Word
Before you go on your kitchen adventures, let’s do a quick recap.
If you’re looking for the best pot-holder money can buy, we recommend you go for HOMWE Silicone Oven Mitts and Pot-Holders. Not only does it come with a set of pot-holders and oven mitts, but they’re also built out of silicone.
If you’re looking for a set of decent pot-holders that can also be used as an oven mitt, then your best choice is Cuisinart Quilted Silicone Pot Holders. Even though the cotton part of this product is prone to chafing, the silicone part is quite durable and heat-resistant.
If you’re on a tight budget and looking for a set of affordable pot-holders, we recommend you go for DII Cotton Terry Pot-Holders. Even though they’re not as durable as other products we reviewed, they come in so many color options that they’re worth buying.