Top 5 Best Portable Dishwashers 2021:
- Whynter CDW-6831WES Portable Dishwasher
- hOmeLabs HME010033N Compact Portable Dishwasher
- SPT SD-9241SS Portable Dishwasher
- EdgeStar DWP62SV Portable Dishwasher
- Sunbeam DWSB3607RR Portable Dishwasher
If you often travel and spend a lot of time in vacation homes or RVs, or you simply have limited kitchen space, it would be a good idea to invest in a portable dishwasher.
Your vacation should be stress-free, and that means that you should not do anything you resent. The best portable dishwasher will save you from one of the meanest jobs there is – washing the dirty dishes.
We all know how yucky dirty dishes can be. Plus, it takes time and effort to wash them and dry them. You could be spending that time having fun! So, let’s find you a portable dishwasher!
5 Best Portable Dishwashers In 2021: Detailed Reviews
1. hOmeLabs HME010033N Compact Portable Dishwasher – User-Friendly Countertop Model
hOmeLabs HME010033N Compact Countertop Dishwasher is a user-friendly model due to straightforward controls. The control panel is not only visually pleasing, but it also features self-explanatory buttons.
You have a choice of six-wash cycles, which is quite a lot for a portable dishwasher. Once you select the desired program, you simply need to press a start button and let the machine do its magic. You can pause the washing process at any moment as well as delay it. When the cycle is finished, you will hear an 8-seconds long sound to alarm you, and the machine will automatically switch off.
This Energy Star Certified dishwasher has a capacity of six standard place settings and includes a cup rack, as well as a large basket and a cutlery basket. The stainless-steel interior and practical stainless-steel spray arms are made to last.
Measuring 17.2 x 19.6 x 21.6 inches and weighing only 44.1 lbs., it requires minimal space and thus suits most smaller kitchens or RVs. You might need to air dry the dishes as they do not come 100% dry. The user manual might be better written too.
- Streak-free dishes
- Stainless-steel interior
- Built-in rinse agent dispenser
- Quiet in operation
- Efficient customer service
- Energy-star certified
- Alert buzzer
- Two years warranty
- Dishes do not come out completely dry
- Complicated instruction manual
2. EdgeStar DWP62SV Portable Dishwasher – Eco-Friendly Countertop Model
The EdgeStar DWP62SV portable dishwasher might be the best option for eco-conscious individuals. This particular model is an energy star rated model that can wash up to six standard place settings. It features seven different wash cycles, which is more than most portable dishwashers.
Why is it energy-star rated?
It uses only 200 kilowatt-hours per year and can save a lot of energy and water. As a result, your energy bills will be up to 61% lower.
What about the design?
The digital display is not only visually pleasing and makes the unit modern-looking, but it also secures easier control. Measuring 19.7 x 21.7 x 17.2 inches, this modern machine is sure to fit under most cupboards. You do not need to install it permanently, and thus you can easily take it with you whenever you change your location.
The EdgeStar DWP62SV allows you to place plates of up to 10.5 inches in diameter. It is a significant benefit for those of you who often use plates and cutlery that aren’t standard in size. A built-in rinse agent dispenser minimizes water spots making your dishes shinier than ever.
- Stainless steel interior
- even wash cycles
- It can accommodate 10.5- inch diameter plates
- Energy efficient
- One year warranty
- Built-in rinse agent dispenser
- Digital display
- Faucet adapter included
- 1-year warranty
- Does not dry the dishes quite well
3. Sunbeam DWSB3607RR Portable Dishwasher – Budget-friendly countertop model
If you are on a tight budget, you should check out the affordable Sunbeam DWSB3607RR portable dishwasher. Its low price does not equal low quality. Quite the opposite, this unit offers high specifications and superb performance capabilities!
It is compact and easy to install. There is no need for direct plumbing since the unit comes with a faucet adapter, and you can have it up and running in no time. You can choose from six different washing, including the eco-program that saves water and energy.
The Sunbeam dishwasher can wash up to six standard size place settings. Using it is quite simple – load the basket, add detergent, and select the appropriate program. Your dishes will come out as clean as ever, and thanks to the automatic rinse aid dispenser, there will be no annoying water droplets on them.
Additionally, the Sunbeam DWSB3607RR features a cutlery basket and cup shelf, and thus you can use the available space maximally. It will fit most standard kitchens as it measures 21.7 x 17.2 x 19.7 inches, and weighs 44.1 lbs. You’ll receive a one-year warranty for your peace of mind too.
- Quick setup
- Spacious stainless steel interior
- Easy to use
- Automatic rinse aid dispenser
- Spot-free and streak-free properties
- One-year warranty
- Includes a cutlery basket and cup shelf
- Depending on the washing cycle you select, the dishes might need to be wiped dry when you take them out
4. Whynter CDW-6831WES Portable Dishwasher – One of the Best Rated Countertop Dishwashers on the Market
The Whynter CDW-6831WES portable dishwasher is one of the best-rated models you can currently find on the market and rightfully so. It is a powerful, modern-looking machine that will complement any kitchen.
More importantly, this machine will save both water and your precious time. As it measures 19.8 x 21.8 x 17.2 inches, you should not have trouble fitting it under any cabinet. Connecting it will be quick and straightforward, too, thanks to the included swift connect adapter.
The control panel is user friendly and offers you the choice of six standard wash cycles, including an Eco cycle. The Baby Care cycle will be perfect for young moms as it allows them to wash delicate baby bottles.
A delay timer enables you to set the starting time of the wash cycle within a 24 hours time frame and thus better organize your daily tasks. This model comes with a dish rack and silverware basket, and an automatic rinse aid dispenser. The Whynter CDW-6831WES features a stainless-steel interior and is thus highly durable too.
Being an energy star qualified unit, the Whynter CDW-6831WES is suitable for eco-conscious users. It is exceptionally quiet during work and can be easily moved around the house.
- Easy to use
- Comes with quick-connect adapter
- Eco and Baby Care wash cycles
- 24 h delay timer
- Durable stainless steel interior
- Quiet operation
- Automatic rinse aid and detergent dispensers
- Energy Star certified
- 1-year warranty
- Comes only in white
5. SPT SD-9241SS Portable Dishwasher – Best stainless steel portable dishwasher on rollers
SPT SD-9241SS Portable Dishwasher is a sleek and shiny stainless steel portable dishwasher on rollers. It measures 25.98 x 17.72 x 36.02 inches and weighs about 121 lbs, but thanks to maneuverable wheels, you can move it around your kitchen with ease.
Looking modern and luxurious, it will surely complement your kitchen. It is not only shiny on the outside, though. The interior is also made from durable stainless steel.
The black touchpad control panel is straightforward and does not require a significant learning curve. This SPT portable dishwasher offers you six different wash cycles and a time delay feature that allows you to move the start of the cycle to anywhere from 1 to 24 hours.
The SPT portable dishwasher is easy to connect too and comes with all the needed components. Thanks to its quiet operation (55 Db), you can take a nap while it does your dirty dishes.
Dishes will come out perfectly clean almost every time, primarily if you distribute them properly and do not overload the basket. Unfortunately, this SPT portable dishwasher does not have a heated drying feature. You can air-dry the dishes if you crack the door open when the cycle is complete.
- Modern look
- Stainless steel exterior and interior
- Large capacity (8 place settings)
- Automatic detergent and rinse agent dispenser
- Time delay function
- Relatively quiet operation
- Adjustable upper rack for non-standard dishes
- Faucet adapter included
- No heated drying feature
- Higher price tag
What To Consider When Buying A Portable Dishwasher
First of all, it is crucial to determine whether or not you will be able to install a portable dishwasher in your apartment, home, or RV. The good news is that most kitchens are ready for a portable dishwasher.
Still, installing a portable dishwasher is not as simple as installing a microwave or your toaster oven. You cannot just plug it in and play.
Every portable dishwasher has to take in and discharge water. This means that you have to secure an appropriate water source as well as a suitable location to drain.
Once you make sure you meet all the conditions to install a portable dishwasher, you can start thinking about a model or brand you will buy. Be careful, and do not rush into anything!
You do not want to buy a portable dishwasher that will not do the job properly. What would be the use of it if you had to redo the dishes?
For that reason, we have comprised a list of features you need to consider before you spend your hard-earned money:
- Portable dishwashers come in two styles:
- The large capacity portable dishwasher on rollers
- The small capacity countertop dishwasher
- Both of these types are highly portable, but the countertop dishwashers are easier to take with you when you change your location, go to a vacation home, or to install in your RV. You can move both types of dishwashers around easily. They are not stationary, like built-in dishwashers.
- Be sure to measure your available space before you go on a portable dishwasher shopping expedition. Consider the extra space needed to load and unload it, too, as you will need to open the drop-down door and pull out the shelves to do that.
- Portable dishwashers are typically somewhere around 24-25 inches wide and 27-inches deep. They do not exceed the standard counter height of 36 7/8-inches. Some models feature black or wood/butcher block tops that act like an extra counter space you can use – that is highly beneficial when your kitchen space is already limited.
- Countertop dishwashers are about 22-inches wide and 20-inches deep. They are typically 17 1/2-inches high and fit under most standard kitchen elements.
- You should still check the specific dimensions of the portable dishwasher you plan to buy and make sure it fits into the designated place you have prepared for it.
3. Installation Requirements
- As we have already mentioned, all portable dishwashers require a proper water source and a drain line to dispose of the dirty water safely
- Before you buy a new portable dishwasher, you need to make sure that you have a proper faucet. Some models require an internal threaded nozzle while some work with the external one. You should be able to find all the requirements listed on the package or in the installation manual.
4. Environmental Friendliness
- Modern dishwashers are far more energy-efficient than their older relatives. Most manufacturers nowadays pay a lot of attention to energy and water savings in their design. You should be a part of that trend and give a small contribution to preserving our environment.
5. Quiet Operation
- No one wants a noisy dishwasher! For that reason, all the manufacturers strive to produce the quietest dishwasher on the market.
- Most portable dishwashers are somewhere around 50-60 dB rating. Some high-end built-in models are even below 45 dB rating. Unfortunately, portable dishwashers do not feature sound insulation on the side and back and cannot match this.
- Regretfully, there were not many design innovations regarding portable dishwashers. As a result, they look pretty much the same over the years. Most portable dishwashers are thus white with a wood top. If you aim for a more modern look, you can find a black unit with a stainless steel front.
7. Cleaning And Drying Features
- You should best buy a model with a sensor wash feature. Such a portable dishwasher utilizes sensors to determine the level of soil in the wash water. It then determines the appropriate amount of water as well as sets the best temperature and duration of the washing cycle.
- Most portable dishwashers offer a limited number of program cycles and options. It would be best to find a model that has at least a few different programs.
- Stainless steel interior is not a common thing when it comes to portable dishwashers as they are mostly made with plastic interior. If you can find a model with a stainless steel interior, go for it as it is both visually pleasing and more durable.
- It would also be a good idea to purchase a portable dishwasher with a third rack since your space will already be limited. A silverware tray will make more free space for your dishes in the lower rack.
- Finally, choose a dishwasher that features a heating element that you can turn on or off.
8. Durability And Longevity
- Choose a reputable brand of a portable dishwasher. For example, manufacturers such as GE, Whirlpool, and Midea have a good history of making efficient, reliable, and durable products.
Our Final Thoughts: Selecting The Very Best Portable Dishwasher
If you have carefully read our buying guide, you should be more than capable of selecting the best portable dishwasher for your needs. You can also rely on our detailed reviews of each model and make the final choice you won’t ever regret.
Our top pick here is the Whynter CDW-6831WES Portable Dishwasher, as it is a good allrounder. It is affordable, durable, and efficient.
Our second choice would be the hOmeLabs HME010033N Compact Portable Dishwasher, mostly due to how easy it is to operate.
Finally, if you need larger capacity or you simply prefer a model on rollers, you cannot go wrong with our third choice – SPT SD-9241SS Portable Dishwasher.
In conclusion, if you need a portable dishwasher but still want to experience the efficiency of the standard-sized dishwasher, stick to our Top 5 list! You cannot go wrong no matter which model you choose!.