Top 5 Best Pizzelle Makers 2021:
- CucinaPro Pizzelle Maker
- Cuisinart WM-PZ2 Pizzelle Press
- CucinaPro Mini Italian Pizzelle Waffle Maker Iron
- Palmer Pizzelle Maker Classic
- Chef’sChoice 834 PizzellePro
If you’ve ever visited Italy or have an Italian grandma, you’re probably familiar with pizzelle cookies.
For the uninitiated, pizzelle is an anise-flavored cookie famous for its crispy texture and snowflake imprints. These cookies are a staple of every Italian family gathering and are almost impossible to miss when visiting this beautiful European country.
Making pizzelles the traditional way is incredibly tricky. You need special iron dyes for the dough, but you also need a wood stove. Thankfully, we’re not living in the 1600s anymore, and making tasty pizzelles has become incredibly easy.
To make pizzelle cookies today, all you need is a pizzelle maker. These kitchen tools work the same way as a waffle maker. The only difference is that a pizzelle maker has a more flatter dye because these cookies have to be very thin, unlike waffles.
What’s more, pizzelle makers are quite multi-functional. With this kitchen tool, you can also make pancakes, cookies, cannoli, dosa, and many other tasty meals.
Unfortunately, choosing the best pizzelle maker can quickly turn into a chore because the market is full of different models, each with its own set of unique features.
Thankfully, you’re in the right place. In this article, we’ll showcase the five best pizzelle makers you can find on the current market. We’ll also teach you how to buy the best model for your needs in our short buyer’s guide.
5 Best Pizzelle Makers In 2021: Detailed Reviews
Here are our top five picks for the best pizzelle maker. We included a wide range of models to ensure there’s at least one that’ll catch your eye. If you end up disagreeing with our choices, you can still learn what factors you need to consider when buying a pizzelle maker.
1. CucinaPro Pizzelle Maker – Editor’s Choice
If you’re looking for the best pizzelle maker money can buy, look no further than the CucinaPro Pizzelle Maker. Thanks to its stainless steel interior and beautifully intricate patterns, this pizzelle maker has made countless families happy.
The CucinaPro Pizzelle Maker can make two five-inch pizzelles at the same time. This makes this device perfect for making everything from regular pizzelles to bite-sized cones for yogurt or ice cream.
Thanks to the intricate flower design, each pizzelle that comes out of the CucinaPro will be mouthwateringly eye-catching.
The best thing about this device is that the baking only takes 30 seconds. You can make a whole batch of pizzelles in less than an hour. What’s more, thanks to the non-stick surface, you won’t have any trouble taking out baked pizzelles.
This pizzelle maker features a classic long handle you can lock down with a simple latch. We love this approach because it’s simple and doesn’t break that easily. Unfortunately, a long handle makes this device difficult to store, so we hope you have extra space in your pantry.
- Non-stick surface
- Stainless steel interior
- Bakes pizzelles in 30 seconds
- Perfect for making waffle bowl or ice-cream cones
- Absolutely none
2. Cuisinart WM-PZ2 Pizzelle Press – Runner Up
Our second place goes to a pizzelle maker from Cuisinart, a renowned kitchen-appliance manufacturer. WM-PZ2 Pizzelle Press comes with a couple of features that ensure even the most inexperienced cook can make perfect pizzelles.
Just like our previous pick, this machine can make two pizzelles at the same time. However, this machine can make 4-inch pizzelles. This is still big enough to make homemade ice cream cones and waffle bowls.
The interior plates are built out of stainless steel and are coated with Teflon. Thanks to stainless steel’s excellent heat distribution, every pizzelle that comes out of this machine will be perfect. What’s more, thanks to Teflon, you won’t have any trouble taking out baked pizzelles.
WM-PZ2 features a five-level temperature setting and a timer in the form of green and red light. Unfortunately, the timer is useless because the lights turn on and off seemingly at random.
To make things even worse, this pizzelle maker features a clip-on lock that is incredibly fragile. This lock won’t last for a year before it breaks. What’s more, the lock is the only part you can’t buy from the manufacturer.
- Makes 4-inch pizzelles
- Teflon-coated interior
- Built out of brushed stainless steel
- Temperature control
- The locking mechanism breaks easily
3. CucinaPro Mini Italian Pizzelle Waffle Maker Iron – Best Mini Pizzelle Maker
We understand that not everyone wants to make 5 or 4-inch pizzelles. This is why the fourth place in our list of best pizzelle makers goes to CucinaPro Mini Italian Pizzelle Waffle Maker Iron.
This pizzelle maker can make up to four 3 ¼-inch pizzelles and features beautiful dye patterns. The pizzelles that come out of this machine are perfect for a cookie exchange or to keep them in a cookie jar so you can have a quick snack later.
Baking plates are made out of iron and are quite thick. This ensures the heat gets evenly distributed, resulting in perfectly baked pizzelles. The plates feature a non-stick coating, so don’t worry about cleaning. To clean this machine, all you need is a bit of water and a soft sponge.
CucinaPro Mini Waffle Maker has only a single light indicator that tells you whether the device is on or off. So, we hope you’re experienced in making pizzelles because you’ll have to rely on your good judgment and experience.
Like our first pick, this pizzelle maker comes with a long handle and a simple latch locking mechanism.
- Makes four pizzelles at one time
- Non-stick surface
- Intricate patterns
- Excellent locking mechanism
- The long handle makes it difficult to store
4. Palmer Pizzelle Maker Classic – Best Classic Pizzelle Maker
If you’re experienced in making pizzelles, you might already know about Palmer. This company makes the best pizzelle makers in the world. However, their pizzelle makers have a steep learning curve, and you can easily hurt yourself if you’re not careful.
So what makes the Palmer Pizzelle Maker Classic so unique? Well, what makes this device special is its classic design. This pizzelle maker is not much different than the one your grandma used. This means it gets hot quite quickly, and there are no timers, indicators, or temperature control.
Palmer pizzelle maker can make two 4 ¾ -inch pizzelles at once. The pattern on the baking plates features a beautiful flower pattern that’s perfect for any occasion.
This device features long plastic handles to ensure you don’t burn yourself when baking your favorite cookies. The locking mechanism is just as classic as the rest of the machine. It utilizes a simple metal latch on the end of the handles.
The reason why beginners should stray away from this product is that it gets scalding quite quickly. So, if you don’t know what you’re doing, you can end up with a burned batch of pizzelles. Not to mention how easily you can burn yourself.
- Classic design
- Heats up quickly
- Easy to clean
- Steep learning curve
5. Chef’sChoice 834 PizzellePro – Best Affordable Pizzelle Maker
The last place in our list goes to Chef’sChoice 834 PizzellePro pizzelle maker, an affordable device that can make perfect pizzelles in seconds. What’s more, it comes with a few features that make it compact and easy to use.
834 PizzellePro can make two 4 ¾ -inch pizzelles at one time. The pattern on the bake plates isn’t that intricate, but it’s quite homey. We found that this pattern is perfect for cannoli or homemade ice cream coins.
The bake plates are built out of aluminum that’s coated with Teflon. Even though aluminum doesn’t have the best heat distribution, thanks to excellent design, this pizzelle maker bakes pizzelles evenly.
834 PizzellePro features a modern locking mechanism. To lock the device, all you have to do is close it. The latch is spring operated, which means it won’t break down after a dozen or so baking sessions.
Thanks to an indicator light, this pizzelle maker is perfect for beginners. The device will tell you when it’s ready to bake and when it’s done baking. The only thing that could make this device better is temperature control.
- Easy to use and maintain
- Makes 4 ¾-inch pizzelles
- Teflon coated baking plate
- No temperature control
What Are Pizzelle Makers And Why You Should Buy One?
A pizzelle is a type of traditional Italian cookie that takes the same form as a waffle. These cookies are exclusively made from eggs, butter, flour, and anis. Besides the ingredients, another staple of these cookies is their flat, snowflake shape.
To make these cookies, you need a pizzelle maker. In the past, each family had its own iron pizzelle dye, and they would bake these cookies in a wood stove.
Thankfully, we’re not living in the middle-ages, and we have electric pizzelle makers. These kitchen appliances work the same way as a waffle maker. However, pizzelle makers have thinner dyes because these cookies are much flatter than waffles.
These machines will help you make pizzelles in a matter of minutes. Some models can bake perfect pizzelles in just 30 seconds. So, if you’re looking for a quick snack for yourself and your kids, mix up the dough and be eating tasty snacks in just a couple of minutes!
Pizzelle makers are also quite flexible. You don’t have to make the traditional pizzelle cookies. You can also give your spin to the recipe. What’s more, a pizzelle maker can also be used to make pancakes with beautiful patterns, cannoli, dosa, and even waffles.
Another reason why you should buy a pizzelle maker is that they’re incredibly easy to use. Once you’ve mixed up the cookie dough, all you have to do is pour it into the machine and turn it on. In a bit less than a minute, the machine will bake perfect pizzelles. There are no complicated settings or special handling.
6 Factors You Need To Consider When Buying A Pizzelle Maker
Pizzelle makers aren’t a common kitchen utensil. If you’re planning on making pizzelles regularly, you have to do some research. Otherwise, you’ll end up with a mediocre machine you’ll have to throw away after a year or two. This is why you should consider the factors below before setting out and buying the best pizzelle maker for your needs.
1. Consider The Storage
- In many cases, pizzelle makers are quite compact. What’s more, they can usually be stored upright to take up even less counter space. Most models have cords that can be wrapped within the unit.
- Of course, there are some pizzelle makers with long handles that can be a bit tricky to use and store. Thankfully, this is mostly the case with older models. Modern pizzelle makers feature short-clip style handles that make them quite compact and easy to store.
2. Consider The Controls
- Traditional pizzelle makers commonly feature fully manual controls. This means there are no light indicators to alert you when the machine is ready to bake, and when the cookies are done. With a traditional pizzelle maker, you have to rely on your sense of judgment. To make things even worse, these machines have notoriously long heat-up times.
- Thankfully, most modern pizzelle makers feature a temperature dial that allows you to set the heat to low, medium, and high.
- Some models have fewer custom settings. In many cases, this type of pizza maker comes with two modes: baking mode and ready mode.
- Most modern pizzelle makers feature a sound alert when they’re finished baking. On top of that, they heat up in a matter of seconds ensuring your pizzelles will be ready to eat in a minute!
3. Consider The Material
- Pizzelle makers can be built out of aluminum, iron, or stainless steel. Stainless steel is incredibly durable, it doesn’t rust and is overall more sturdy than the former two.
- No matter what pizzelle maker you go for, you must keep in mind that you should heat them up a bit before you pour the dough in them. Aluminum pizzelle makers heat up the fastest while iron and stainless steel models heat up more slowly. Keep in mind that aluminum has terrible heat distribution, which results in sometimes unevenly baked pizzelle.
- Most makers also feature a non-stick coating. This coating usually consists of Teflon, which is why you should only use wooden utensils when scrubbing them. This ensures you don’t scrape off the Teflon coating.
4. Consider Size And Patterns
- Pizzelles are usually small. They vary in size and can be anywhere between 3 and 5 inches. Smaller pizzelles are excellent for parties or for storing in cookie jars, and as gifts to family and loved ones. Larger pizzelles are excellent for rolling into ice cream cones or for waffle bowls.
- Just like pizzelles come in different sizes, so do pizzelle makers. Pizzelle makers that make larger pizzelles can usually make fewer pizzelles at the same time and vice versa.
- When it comes to the pattern, the choice is up to you. Some models feature a different pattern on each side, some have the same pattern on both sides.
5. Consider The Locking Mechanism
- Pizzelle makers feature a lockdown latch that ensures they are tightly closed, so no heat escapes. This mechanism should be easy to use and shouldn’t break down after just a couple of uses.
- The locking mechanism determines how thick and how pressed the pizzelles are going to be. Most modern pizzelle makers feature a short latch mechanism that breaks down quickly. This is why we recommend you read a couple of user reviews and see what experiences other people had with a pizzelle maker that caught your eye.
6. Consider Overflow Channels
- Some pizzelle makers feature an overflow channel that provides an outlet for the excess cookie dough. If a pizzelle maker doesn’t come with an overflow channel, you may find yourself in a messy situation and have a tough time cleaning it up.
Before we let you go, let’s tally up the results.
If you’re looking for the best pizzelle maker on the market, look no further than CucinaPro Pizzelle Maker. Not only is this product affordable, but it also features a non-stick surface and can bake pizzelles in 30 seconds.
Our runner up is the Cuisinart WM-PZ2 Pizzelle Press. This device makes perfect pizzelles thanks to its excellent heat distribution and non-stick surface. Unfortunately, the locking mechanism can break quite easily.
If you’re planning on making mini pizzelles, we recommend you check out the CucinaPro Mini Italian Pizzelle Waffle Maker Iron. This product can make up to four beautifully intricate pizzelles at once and comes with a sturdy locking mechanism.