Top 5 Best Pizza Peels 2021:
- Pizza Royale Premium Natural Bam boo Pizza Peel
- American Metalcraft Aluminum Pizza Peel
- Honey-Can-Do Kitchen Supply Pizza Peel
- Cuisinart CPS-445 Pizza Grilling Set
- Ironwood Gourmet 28214 Napoli Pizza Peel
So, you’ve decided to make your first pizza. You got the dough ready and spread. You’ve carefully chosen your toppings. A few pepperoni, a handful of mushrooms, some mozzarella, some cheddar.
You’ve put on the topping and put the pizza in the oven. But, oh no, the pizza has turned out half-baked!
Why did that happen? Because you didn’t have a pizza peel.
Pizza peels are essential if you want your pizza to turn out just right. These tools allow you to turn the pizza while it’s baking, ensuring each part of this delicious dish gets evenly baked.
And if you decide to go and buy one, you will soon be greeted by a neverending line of seemingly same pizza peels.
Thankfully, you’re in the right place. In this article, we’ve reviewed the five best pizza peels you can find in the current market. We’ve also prepared a short guide that’ll teach you how to pick the best pizza peel for your needs.
Let’s start off with the reviews!
5 Best Pizza Peels In 2021: Detailed Reviews
Here are our five picks for the best pizza peel you can find on the current market. We gave our best to include a wide range of models to ensure at least one model will catch your eye.
1. Pizza Royale Premium Natural Bam boo Pizza Peel – Editor’s Choice
The Pizza Royale Premium Natural Pizza Peel is one of the best kitchen tools we’ve ever seen. Everything about this product is perfect. Form the design to the material it’s built from. Let’s take a more in-depth look, shall we!
The first thing that blew us away about this pizza peel is the material it’s built from. This kitchen tool is made out of bamboo.
That’s right, bamboo!
This material is well known for its superb durability, even at high temperatures. This means that this pizza peel won’t warp, chip or split even after years of use. And if you’re worried about it collecting microbes, you should know that bamboo has natural anti-microbial properties.
Another awesome thing about this product is its ergonomics. This kitchen tool is just the right size to fit most kitchen ovens. The edges of the peel are tapered to ensure you get it under the pizza with no problems.
This pizza peel is also incredibly versatile. You can also use it as a cutting board for bread and cheese, or you can use it as a trivet.
- Perfect size for kitchen ovens
- Built out of bamboo
- Tapered edges for easy use
- None whatsoever
2. American Metalcraft Aluminum Pizza Peel – Runner Up
We are aware that some of you out there don’t like using wooden kitchenware, no matter how resistant to bacteria it is. This is why we decided to put a metal pizza peel in second place. Enter American Metalcraft Aluminum Pizza Peel!
This pizza peel is one of the most durable and most user-friendly pizza peels we’ve had the pleasure of using.
The reason why this pizza peel is incredibly durable is that it’s built out of 14-gauge aluminum. This type of aluminum is exceptionally heat-resistant, durable, and, most importantly, light. It’s so lightweight that you won’t even feel its weight.
The blade portion of this pizza peel measures 14×16 inches, which makes it perfect for home use because it’ll fit inside most ovens. This is not where the user-friendliness ends. When purchasing this pizza peel, you’ll be able to choose from three handle lengths: 28, 37, and 54-inch handle.
So, no matter if you have a small kitchen oven or a full-blown brick oven, you can rest assured you’ll get the right handle length.
The only issue we had with this aluminum pizza peel is how easily it sticks to the dough. Thankfully, this problem is easily solved by pouring some flour on the blade.
- Easy to clean
- Dough sticks to the blade a bit too much
3. Honey-Can-Do Kitchen Supply Pizza Peel – Most Affordable Pizza Peel
Not everyone has 30 bucks for a piece of kitchenware like a pizza peel. And that’s more than understandable. There is no point in investing a lot of money in a tool you don’t even know how useful it’ll be to you.
This is why the third place in our list goes to Honey-Can-Do Kitchen Supply Pizza Peel, a durable and incredibly affordable pizza peel.
Just like the previous product in this list, this pizza peel is built out of aluminum. This means that it’s not only durable but lightweight too. Another benefit is that aluminum is excellent at evenly distributing heat, ensuring your pizza get a perfectly crisp crust.
On top of that, maintaining it is a piece of cake. Just wash it down with some mild soap and water, and this tool will be as shiny as the day it arrived at your doorstep.
This pizza peel is available in two options: 12×14-inch and 12×16-inch. If you’re going to stick to making pizzas, we recommend you get the 12×14-inch model. However, if you want more versatility, we recommend you go for the bigger model because it’ll allow you to use it on other pasty like homemade bread.
- Easy to clean
- Dough sticks to the blade a bit too much
4. Cuisinart CPS-445 Pizza Grilling Set – Best Pizza Peel For Grill
Did you know you can make pizza in your barbecue? How is that possible we hear you ask? This is possible thanks to a tool called a grilling stone. This tool allows you to safely bake your pizza on your barbecue grill, and it’s a part of the Cuisinart CPS-445 Pizza Grilling Set.
Although the pizza grilling stone is quite cool, it’s not the star of the show. The start of the show is, of course, the pizza peel that comes with this set. This pizza peel is built out of high-grade aluminum and measures 9.5×10.5 inches, which is a perfect size for small to medium-sized pizzas.
Furthermore, this pizza peel has an 11.5-inch blade to ensure you peel off the pizza from the grilling stone with minimal effort. What’s more, you can also use this blade to cut the pizza afterward.
Of course, cutting the pizza with this pizza peel won’t be necessary because this set also includes a pizza cutter.
However, that’s not the best thing about this product. No. The best thing about this product is that it’s incredibly affordable. This set will set you back as much as a single professional pizza peel, but give you much more versatility.
- Comes with a pizza cutter and a grilling stone
- Incredibly affordable
- The pizza peel is built out of high-grade aluminum
- A bit small
5. Ironwood Gourmet 28214 Napoli Pizza Peel –Best Wood Pizza Peel
The last place in our list of best pizza peels goes to one of the most visually appealing models we’ve ever seen. Thanks to its warm wood color and dark dring accents, the ironwood Gourmet 28214 Napoli Pizza Peel will fit in with your kitchen perfectly. But that’s not all this product has to offer.
This pizza peel is built out of acacia wood that’s well known for its durability and excellent heat-resistance. To ensure no bacteria collect on the surface, the wood is treated with special mineral oil that’s safe for use with food.
Another benefit of this mineral coating is that it makes the surface of this pizza peel very greasy. This means your pizza dough won’t stick to it, which, in turn, ensures your pizza retains its smooth texture.
The paddle measures 14×14 inches, which is perfect for medium-sized pizzas. This also means that it’ll fit in most ovens. The edges on the paddle are sloped to make the peeling process a bit easier.
The only thing we don’t like about this product is the handle. Compared to the paddle, the handle is tiny, measuring only 6 inches. So if you have a deep oven, you’ll have to be careful when using it, so you don’t burn yourself.
- Beautiful design
- The dough doesn’t stick to it
- The handle is a bit too short
What Are Pizza Peels And Why Should You Buy One?
We’ve all watched professional pizza chefs stick a 40 inches wooden spatula into the brick oven and fiddle with it. And you have probably asked yourself: what is that thing?
That thing is called a pizza peel.
Pizza peels are unique kitchen tools that are shaped much like a shovel. If you want to take your pizza making skills to the next level, you’ll definitely want to get a one.
If you’ve ever baked pizza, you should know that it needs to be turned from time to time in the oven to get evenly baked. If you don’t turn in, you’ll end up with a pizza that is half-roasted and half-raw.
This is where a pizza peel comes into play.
This simple tool will make it much easier for you to take the pizza out of the oven, turn it, and put it back in.
The temperature in the oven while cooking a pizza is about 450 to 500 degrees Fahrenheit. So, if you aren’t careful, you can seriously burn your hand. A pizza peel will minimize the chance of getting burned while taking the pizza out of the oven.
Maybe you think that a pizza from your favorite pizza place will always taste better than the one you made at home, but you couldn’t be more wrong. Home-made pizza is tastier and more healthy.
Why? Because you have full control over the flavor, the dough thickness, and the quality and freshness of the ingredients. What’s more, you can add all the ingredients you like on the pizza without paying extra.
Switch from ordered to home-cooked, but before that, get yourself a pizza peel. A pizza peel will enhance your pizza making skills, trust us. In no time, you’ll be a real pizza-chef.
But, the advantages of a pizza peel don’t stop here. These kitchen tools aren’t limited to only baking pizzas. You can also use them to make other types of pastry, like bread and rolls.
Also, if you like making eye-catching meals, a pizza served on a pizza peel will make all the more appealing and mouth-watery.
3 Things You Need To Consider Before Buying A Pizza Peel
Before you make the final decision, here are 5 things you need to consider before you buy the best pizza peel for your kitchen.
There are three types of materials used to make a pizza peel. Those materials are wood, metal, and wood composites.
- A wooden pizza peel is a classic and more aesthetic option. Food served on a wooden pizza peel makes water run your mouth just by looking at it.
- Not only do wooden pizza peels look good, but they also can sustain a lot of weight without the long handle braking.
- Wooden peels are made from high-quality wood that can withstand very high temperatures.
- Unfortunately, they also have a downside. It’s tough to clean the wooden pizza peels properly. Daily cleaning and maintenance are absolutely required. Because of this, some countries have restricted the use of wooden pizza peels.
- Metal pizza peels are usually made from aluminum or stainless steel. Both of these materials are very strong and durable, so lifting something heavy like a pizza won’t be a problem.
- They are also a lot thinner than wooden pizza peels, which makes them more lightweight.
- Because metal transfers heat much better than wood, pizza peels will usually have wooden handles, so you don’t burn yourself.
- The main disadvantage of metal pizza peels is that the dough will stick on the metal surface if there is no flour as a release agent. Other than that, there are no other downsides.
- Wood composite is a combination of resins and wood. Pizza peels made from this material preserve the esthetics while making it possible for the peel to be much thinner.
- Models made from wood composite are very light, which makes them easy to handle. You won’t have a problem sliding it under the pizza to show it in the oven.
- Unfortunately, wood composite pizza peels have a significant downside. They can’t have a long handle and can’t handle too much weight.
2. Handle Length
- The length of the pizza peel handle is also an essential factor to consider.
- To decide what the ideal length of the handle is for you, you must take the depth of your oven deck under consideration. The plate/blade of the pizza peel should reach the back of the oven, while the handle should be a few inches away from the stove. With a long enough handle, you eliminate the chance of accidental burns.
- Pizza peels usually come in rectangular or round shape.
- Round-shaped pizza peels are ideal for turning the pizza.
- In contrast, rectangular ones are perfect for getting the pizza in and out of the oven.
- The size you choose is totally up to you. It depends on how large pizzas you usually make. If you get a small spatula, the pizza won’t perfectly fit into it.
- On the other hand, a large spatula will be harder to maneuver if you aren’t used to it.
Our Final Word & Recommendations
Before you head out and buy a pizza peel, let’s do a quick recap.
The best pizza peel you can currently buy is the Pizza Royale Premium Natural Bamboo Pizza Peel. This product is not only user-friendly but also incredibly stylish and durable. Not only that, but it’s versatile too because you can also use it as a cutting board or a trivet.
If wood is not your flavor, then you might be interested in our runner up. The American Metalcraft Aluminum Pizza Peel is both user-friendly and easy to maintain, all thanks to high-grade aluminum.
Lastly, if you’re looking for something more affordable, then you should check out Honey-Can-Do Kitchen Supply Pizza Peel. This pizza peel costs half as much as a high-end model, but it’s just as durable and easy to use.