Top 5 Best Pasta Pots 2021:
- Gotham Steel 5 Quart Multipurpose Pasta Pot with Strainer Lid
- Farberware 70755 Classic Series 8 Quart Pasta Pot with Strainer Lid
- Calphalon Pasta Pot with Steamer Insert 8 Quart
- Cook N Home 02401 4-Piece 8 Quart Pasta Cooker with Steamer
- Bialetti 07265 Oval 5.5 Quart Pasta Pot with Strainer Lid
One of the best creations ever invented in Italy is pasta.
Okay, pizza as well.
We refuse to believe that there is a single person who does not love pasta.
The pasta is one of those dishes that are suitable to serve on any occasion and no matter what time of the day is. One of the first things we all learn how to cook is pasta. Not just because it is simple, it is because it is the most versatile dish ever. Just throw anything you like in it, and there is no chance to go wrong.
However, it is incredibly easy to spoil the taste of the pasta by undercooking it or overcooking it. To be able to cook the perfect and delicious past, all you need is a bit of experience in the kitchen and your new best friend, a pasta pot.
So today, we are going to teach you all the things you must know about this essential kitchen accessory and how to pick out the best pasta pot from thousands of available models out there.
5 Best Pasta Pots In 2021: Detailed Reviews
1. Farberware 70755 Classic Series 8 Quart Pasta Pot with Strainer Lid – Highly Rated Kitchen Accessory
Farberware has been making kitchen utensils for over a century; they are known for combining traditional design with modern technology to achieve the best possible results.
It is mainly built of utilizing solid treated stainless steel; therefore, it will last for a long time. The core is made of aluminum that will distribute the heat evenly during the process of cooking. This pot comes with phenolic handles instead of metal ones; this means they will stay cool even when the pot is hot. This allows you to lift the pot straight from the stove or burner without the risk of getting burned.
Most pasta pots are paired with strainers for ease of draining. With this model, the strainer is installed in the colander lid; you can do the straining right from the pot! The strainer comes with different-sized holes. Always twist the lid to place it properly and lock it in place before pouring out the liquid. The only minor flaw is that the lid is a bit wobbly even after it’s locked.
The pot is very easy to maintain thanks to its smooth exterior, no matter if you decide to wash it by hand or in a dishwasher. The non-stick coating is really durable and can withstand washing in a dishwasher without the risk of damaging it. The pot is also safe to use in the oven, but the temperature can’t go above 350°F (180°C).
- Dishwasher safe
- Can be used in the oven
- Made from stainless steel
- Core made from aluminum
- Stay-cool handles
- Strainer built in the lid
- Lid is prone to wobbling
2. Gotham Steel 5 Quart Multipurpose Pasta Pot with Strainer Lid – The One That Makes Healthy Cooking A Breeze
We can guarantee you that Gotham’s multipurpose pasta pot promises efficiency and easy cleanup. This pot will be a perfect addition to every modern kitchen with its sleek and contemporary design with a shiny grey finish.
The pot is composed of copper, steel, and titanium and coated with a ceramic to ensure that nothing will stick to its surface during the cooking. This combination of materials will allow even distribution of heat; this means the pot is suitable for both electric and gas stoves. This model is one of the few pasta pots with a titanium and ceramic coating that is built to last a long time without deteriorating.
The biggest plus, if you ask us, is the twist and lock phenolic handles that will stay cool all the time. The lid is transparent and made from tempered glass. The lid comes with two built-in strainers, one with larger holes and another with smaller holes to allow you to drain different types of food. Unfortunately, the rim of the lid is prone to rust, so you need to maintain it carefully to avoid this.
The maintenance is straightforward simply toss the pot into the dishwasher since the Ti-Cerama non-stick coating is dishwasher-safe. Like we already told, it is suitable to use on both electric and gas stoves, as well in the oven as long as the temperature stays under 500°F (260°C).
- Dishwasher safe
- Can be used in the oven
- Made from copper, steel, and titanium
- Ceramic coated
- Transparent lid made from tempered glass
- Two different sized straining holes
- Lock and twist stay cool handles
- Lid is prone to rust
3. Cook N Home 02401 4-Piece 8 Quart Pasta Cooker with Steamer – Multipurpose Set
This set of silver cookware from Cook N Home contains four pieces – stockpot, steamer insert, pasta insert, and glass lid.
All four pieces are made of stainless steel with a mirror satin finish. Inside the steel structure, there is a core made from aluminum for even heat distribution. The bottom of the pot is thick enough, so you must be aware that it will take some time to heat up.
The stockpot comes with a deep steamer insert that is suitable to hold a larger amount of food items like potatoes and other veggies. The pasta insert is shaped exactly as the stockpot, and it will allow you to cook as much pasta as possible in a single go.
The handles are riveted and made of stainless steel. They tend to get hot, so using bare hands to lift it from the stove is not recommended. The tempered transparent glass lid is vented to release steam. But be very careful when using the pot and removing the lid since the boiling water can climb up in the space between the strainer and pan surface.
This pot can be used on an induction cooktop, electric, gas, ceramic, glass, and halogen stoves. But never put them in the oven. The set is dishwasher safe, so maintaining it in the best shape will not be hard.
- Comes in a set of four
- Two strainers
- Stainless steel
- Aluminum core
- Dishwasher safe
- Handles get hot
- Not safe to use in the oven
4. Calphalon Pasta Pot with Steamer Insert 8 Quart – Elegant Black And Silver Design
The Calphalon Company has produced kitchen essentials since 1963, so there is no surprise when we tell you that this is the best pasta pot on this list and our personal favorite no matter how much it costs.
This pot is crafted from heavy-gauge aluminum. The aluminum has been hard-anodized, so it is much more durable than regular nonstick pots but not safe for the dishwasher. Also, the benefit of aluminum is that it distributes heat evenly all around the pot. The set consists of four utensil pieces – a stockpot, one pasta insert, one steamer insert, and a lid.
The pot has a non-stick PFOA-free interior that is coated with three layers – the first two boosts the durability, and the third layer provides release performance. The last coating makes the cleaning process easier as well as promoting a healthier style of cooking without using fat and oil.
The pasta insert is shaped as the pot and will make draining pasta effortless. The deep steamer insert helps in steaming large amounts of vegetables or cooking seafood. Both inserts are made of stainless steel.
The handles are also made of stainless steel, and they are riveted for easier lifting. The transparent lid is made from tempered, and strangely it is not vented, so be careful when removing the lid since a large amount of steam will come out. All the pieces of the set are oven-safe, as long as the temperature is below 450°F (232°C).
- Hard-anodized aluminum
- Stylish and durable
- Two different steamers
- Oven safe
- Nonstick triple-layered interior
- Not dishwasher safe
5. Bialetti 07265 Oval 5.5 Quart Pasta Pot with Strainer Lid – Oval- shaped And Trendy
The Bialetti is an Italian brand that has been around for almost a century and mainly known for making coffee machines. What makes this model different is that it comes in seven different colors. So now you can pick the pasta pot that matches your personal taste.
It is entirely crafted from aluminum, so even the distribution of heat will not be a problem. The nonstick interior is a PFOA free and very easy to maintain. The nonstick interior is not suitable to use with metal utensils, so use nylon, wooden or silicone ones. This pot features the twist and lock lid instead of a separate strainer. This way, you can get rid of the hot water effortlessly. Also, the lid comes with a pour spout to make the draining even more convenient.
The ergonomic Bakelite handles are heat resistant, so even when the rest of the pot is hot, the handles stay cool and provide you with a strong, comfortable grip. The great thing about this pot is that it features an oval shape that allows long noodles to get inside it without breaking.
The capacity of 5 quarts is not that much if you plan on cooking larger amounts of pasta, but on the other hand, it is great for couples or single people. Since it is made of aluminum, this pot is not suitable for dishwasher nor for oven use.
- Made from aluminum
- Nonstick interior
- Twist and lock lid with strainer
- Heat resistant handles
- Not suitable for oven or dishwasher
- Small capacity
- Not safe to use with metal utensils
The Best Pasta Pot Buying Guide
The pasta pot market is overly saturated, believe us. There are so many viable options that it can be extremely difficult and overwhelming to choose the right one. No matter if you are looking for a large or small pasta pot, there are some factors you must consider before making the purchase.
That is why we decided to enlist all the factors in one buying guide in the hope that after reading the list, your new-found knowledge will be enough to allow you to make the best possible decision.
- Price is a vital factor to consider when looking for a pasta pot. Of course, the majority of us would love to buy the most expensive pasta pot on the market, but unfortunately, the budget won’t allow us to do so.
- Luckily there are many options on the market that are extremely affordable and will provide the same quality as some expensive options. It’s important to find a pasta pot that fits your budget, but make sure it still does the job properly.
- Different materials offer different benefits as well as different flaws. Some can be used on all types of stoves, some can be used in the oven, and some can’t be used on the open flame. That is why when looking for a pasta pot, you must always consider the material that it is made of and make sure you pick the one that will match your cooking method.
- Stainless steel is lightweight and straightforward to clean, but it doesn’t conduct heat very well, and it will take some time to boil your water. Pots made from aluminum and titanium and coated with ceramic are great in conducting heat, but they will cost you a lot more than you expected.
- The capacity of your pasta pot is an essential factor that can affect you in multiple ways. First, it affects how long it’ll take to boil your water; therefore, it affects the cooking time. Larger capacity means more water to boil, which leads to longer cooking time, so if you do not cook pasta for large family dinners, you should avoid using large pots and save some time.
- Second, it affects how much pasta you can cook in a single go. So when buying a pasta pot, consider how many people you will serve so you can know how much pasta you’ll need to cook. Never buy the pasta pot that does not meet your requirements.
4. The Extras
- Of course, the main reason why we need a pasta pot is to cook pasta, but that does not mean that it will be the only purpose of the pot. Pick the pasta pots that come with a strainer and steamer inserts that will allow you to steam veggies, seafood, pasta, cook soups, stews, and sauce. That way, your money will be well spent.
- Also, consider the features and add-ons that the pasta pot you’re choosing has. Those are things like heat resistant handles, lids with a built-in strainer, removable baskets, and more. Unfortunately, some of these options will quickly deteriorate, especially if you purchase the pot from a not so trustworthy brand.
We hope that after going through our guide, you are now familiar with how and why it is important to own a pasta pot. They are durable, mess-free, straightforward to use, as well as stylish and colorful. All this together will provide a better cooking experience.
Best Overall Value: Gotham Steel 5 Quart Multipurpose Pasta Pot with Strainer Lid
- At first glance, you will notice how different this pasta pot looks compared to others from this list. It is more shallow and rounded, featuring a modern design topped with the matt-black finish and copper-colored interior and handles. The three-layered nonstick coating and lock and twist handles are the main features why we think this pasta pot will offer you the best value.
Best Budget Option: Farberware 70755 Classic Series 8 Quart Pasta Pot with Strainer Lid
- This Farberware pasta pot features a classic yet one of the most stylish designs that will fit perfectly in both rustic and modern design kitchens. This large pot with straining lid is an effective option for those who are on the budget since this pasta pot can work for pretty much any cooking method. We guarantee you Farberware Classic will steal your heart after just one use.
Premium Pick: Calphalon Pasta Pot with Steamer Insert 8 Quart
- This four-piece set is constructed from hard-anodized aluminum; therefore, it will not rust or stain, which is great news since you will pay quite a lot of money for it. Aside from featuring a perfectly stable design, it comes with some very useful extras like a steaming basket, and pasta steamer that is tall as much as the pasta pot is. This model is ideal for cooking in large batches.