Top 5 Best Pasta Makers 2021:
- Marcato Design Atlas 150 Pasta Machine
- Philips HR2357/05 Kitchen Appliances Pasta Maker
- Marcato 8356 Atlas Ampia Pasta Machine
- KitchenAid KSMPRA 3-Piece Pasta Roller & Cutter
- CHEFLY Sturdy Homemade Pasta Maker
Making pasta from scratch has never been easier!
If you’re a fan of the most famous Italian delicacy and you want to make it at home quickly and effortlessly, you really need a pasta maker.
Pasta makers may seem pricey at first, but they’re one of those things you realize really pays off in the long run. Especially if you like to eat it on a regular basis and you constantly spend money on brand-name pasta.
Once you get a pasta maker, you can find so many delicious homemade pasta recipes, and start enjoying fresh, tasty Italian dishes every day.
If you’re not sure how to choose the best pasta maker and what things are crucial to consider before you spend your well-earned money, take a look at our list of the best pasta makers on the market as well as our buying guide, and make a smart and informed decision.
5 Best Pasta Makers In 2021: Detailed Reviews
1. Marcato Design Atlas 150 Pasta Machine – The Absolute Winner
The winner of this round is the Atlas 150 pasta maker by Marcato Design. The genuine Italian design will give you an authentic pasta-making experience.
The device is made of chrome-plated steel with a shiny finish, so it looks quite modern. Even though steel is a durable and sturdy material, we didn’t care much for that fact because it also makes the machine heavy, so carrying it around is not exactly a piece of cake.
This pasta machine rolls 6-inch sheets of dough. There are 10 different thickness settings you can choose from, and they go from 0.02 inch to 0.2 inches.
There are also 12 attachments for different types of pasta that you can get for this pasta maker, but these are sold separately. So if you wish, you can get an attachment for your Atlas 150 and make other types of pasta besides regular spaghetti.
This is a manual pasta maker, which means you’ll have to use the hand crank to make noodles. The hand crank is large and has an ergonomic shape to fit comfortably in your hand. There’s also a clamp that keeps the machine stable while you operate it.
One thing to keep in mind is that the parts of Atlas 150 are not dishwasher safe. You can clean them with a soft cloth, but don’t use too much water since it can cause rust over time.
- Authentic Italian design
- 10 different thickness settings
- Durable steel construction
- Ergonomic hand crank
- No dishwasher-safe parts
2. Philips HR2357/05 Kitchen Appliances Pasta Maker – Our Premium Choice
The ultimate combination of innovation and technology (as far as pasta makers go) is definitely found in this Philips pasta maker. This is an electric pasta maker, so it doesn’t require a lot of effort from your side, except for making the pasta dough.
Philips HR2357/05 pasta maker features powerful, automatic mixing, kneading and extruding, and you can use it to make a pound of fresh pasta in just 15 minutes.
Although this kitchen appliance may seem too expensive, bear in mind it’s an electric device that does all the work for you, and it can also make 4 different types of pasta – spaghetti, fettuccine, penne, and lasagne.
Unfortunately, the attachments are not dishwasher-safe. However, cleaning shouldn’t be too difficult as the device comes with flat scraping/cleaning tools. These tools have a special design that matches the shaping discs, so it makes cleaning an easy, one-push job.
The one thing we found to be handy is the small storage drawer on the bottom where you can keep the shaping discs and cleaning tools.
Besides the cleaning/scraping tools, you also get a flour cup and a water cup along with the 4 different pasta-making attachments. There’s also a cookbook included that can give you ideas for lunch.
- Makes a pound of pasta in 15 minutes
- Makes spaghetti, fettuccine, penne, and lasagne
- Specially designed cleaning tools for easy cleaning
- Small drawer where you can keep the tools
- The price is a bit high
3. Marcato 8356 Atlas Ampia Pasta Machine – Best Budget-Friendly Choice
Marcato is a leading brand when it comes to genuine Italian pasta makers so it shouldn’t come as a surprise that we’ve included two of their models on our list. This one is a bit simpler and more affordable compared to the previous one, but it’s still one of the best.
It has a classic pasta maker design – professional, simple, and elegant. It’s made of chrome steel with anodized aluminum rollers. This means it’s very durable and it’s a great choice if you need to make a large amount of pasta since it can definitely handle it.
The Marcato 8356 pasta maker allows you to make fettuccine, lasagne, and tagliolini. Considering how affordable the price is and the fact that it makes three different types of pasta, this really is a best-value-for-money option.
There are 10 different thickness settings, so you can choose how thick you want your noodles to be – from paper-thin 0.02 inches to 0.2 inches.
The hand crank is big and cleverly shaped to give you a firm grip. It’s also detachable, so you can easily store this pasta maker and it won’t take up too much space. There’s also a clamp to attach the device to your table to add stability.
While this is a good, affordable device, we were a bit disappointed that it doesn’t fit any additional attachments besides the ones it comes with.
- Makes fettuccine, lasagne, and tagliolini
- 10 different thickness settings
- Durable steel and aluminum design
- Affordable price
- There are no additional attachments for this model
4. KitchenAid KSMPRA 3-Piece Pasta Roller & Cutter – Don’t Miss Out
If you have a KitchenAid stand mixer or any standard stand mixer for that matter, we recommend you try this 3-piece pasta roller and cutter set.
The three pieces include a pasta roller, spaghetti cutter, and fettuccine cutter. The spaghetti cutter will give you nice and thin spaghetti noodles, while the fettuccine cutter makes perfect fettuccine, and we recommend you try the mouthwatering fettuccine alfredo.
The pasta roller rolls 6-inch sheets of pasta and you can choose between 8 different thickness settings. While we tested this set, we noticed it performs smoothly and it’s very convenient to switch between thickness settings, but it’s a bit complicated to lock the pieces safely in position.
Although the attachments are technically safe to put in a dishwasher, the manufacturer recommends to just wait a couple of hours after using it for the pasta to dry, and then wipe it off with a dry cloth and use the cleaning brush that comes with the set.
The biggest downside of this 3-piece set is the high price. However, we recommend you try it if you already own a stand mixer. Attaching the roller and the cutter will make your mixer a handy 2-in-1 device. On the other hand, if you don’t have a stand mixer, this may not be the right choice for you, especially considering the price.
- Makes 6-inch pasta sheet
- Has 8 different thickness settings
- Makes spaghetti noodles and fettuccine noodles
- Easy to use and clean
- Not exactly budget-friendly
5. CHEFLY Sturdy Homemade Pasta Maker – Good Value For Money
Another budget-friendly option is the pasta maker by CHEFLY. This a classic manual pasta maker that’s simple and easy to use. It can make spaghetti, fettuccine, lasagne, linguine, vermicelli, angel hair, and tagliatelle.
The CHEFLY pasta maker features 9 different thickness settings which are clearly marked on the knob, and you can choose between two width options.
This model comes with a clamp that provides enough stability so the device won’t move around when you use it. The hand crank has a convenient design, but it doesn’t have the best locking mechanism, and if you try to turn it too quickly, there’s a chance it will fall out and you’ll have to put it back, so tread carefully.
The roller and the blades are made of nickel-plated and chrome-plated steel and the rest of the device is crafted out of stainless steel. This means that the CHEFLY pasta maker is a durable kitchen appliance that should last you a long time if you take care of it properly. Don’t ever put any part in the dishwasher, and avoid cleaning it with a lot of water.
If you’re not clear on the installation process or the maintenance and cleaning, there are detailed instructions that come included and everything is explained thoroughly.
- Easy to use
- The clamp provides stability
- All parts are made of steel
- Durable and sturdy kitchen appliance
- Very affordable price
- The hand crank doesn’t have the best locking mechanism
- A bit complicated to clean
What To Consider Before You Buy A Pasta Maker
What makes a good pasta maker and how are you supposed to choose the best one?
Let’s take a look at what you should consider before you invest your money in a pasta maker!
- First things first, you have to choose what type of pasta maker you want. There are two types – electric and manual.
- Manual pasta makers have been around for longer and they represent the traditional way of making pasta. Most modern manual pasta makers have been updated to be simpler and easier to use, but they still retain the classic look and technique.
- They are also cheaper compared to electric ones, which is understandable, considering they require a bit more effort on your side, while electric models do almost everything for you.
- However, manual pasta makers are not too complicated or difficult to use. If you don’t mind spending a bit more time and energy on making pasta, a good manual pasta maker is the right choice for you.
- On the other hand, if you can spend a few extra bucks and invest in an electric pasta maker, you can have all of the work cut out for you. They work quickly and efficiently, and with some, you can have a pound of pasta in just 15 minutes.
- So, there’s really no clear winner in the battle of manual vs. electric pasta makers. It all comes down to you and your personal preferences. Both have their ups and downs, so choose according to your needs.
- Besides, making homemade pasta is just the first step, and the next one would be to have a good pasta pot.
2. Types Of Pasta
- Different pasta makers create different types of pasta. Generally, all of them will make spaghetti and perhaps fettuccine, but if you prefer some other types, like lasagne, ravioli, linguini, penne, tagliatelle, and so on, make sure to choose a pasta maker that has the right attachments.
- A lot of times pasta makers have attachments for all of the above, but unfortunately, they’re usually sold separately.
- Just to be sure you’ll be able to make your favorite pasta, always check what kind of pasta your pasta maker of choice can make.
3. Hand Crank And Clamp
- If you go with a manual pasta maker, make sure to check the hand crank and the clamp.
- The hand crank has to be ergonomically shaped in order to give you a firm grip and to make the whole experience easier for you. Sometimes the hand crank is detachable, which is very convenient for storage purposes.
- The clamp is there to make sure your pasta maker stays in place while you operate it. It has to be tight and secure enough to provide safety and stability.
4. Cleaning And Maintenance
- It can be a bit complicated to clean pasta makers. Manufacturers usually recommend just using a soft and dry cloth and avoiding water since it can cause rust.
- Luckily, pasta dough doesn’t make a lot of mess, so the cleaning part shouldn’t be too much of a hassle.
- With most pasta makers, you get detailed instructions on how to clean and maintain them, so if you’re not sure, just take a look at the instructions.
Final Thoughts And Recommendations
Pasta makers are the ultimate tool to help you enjoy homemade pasta every single day. They are durable kitchen appliances so they should serve you well for years to come.
Now you’re ready to choose your favorite pasta maker, and it’s time for us to tell you about our top choices for the best pasta maker.
The Absolute Winner: Marcato Design Atlas 150 Pasta Machine
- No wonder the Marcato Design Atlas 150 pasta maker is our number one choice and an all-time favorite on Amazon. It’s undoubtedly the best manual pasta maker on the market and you won’t regret trying it. Given the high level of performance and the top-notch design and materials, it doesn’t get better than the Atlas 150!
Our Premium Choice: Philips Kitchen Appliances Pasta Maker
- Investing money in a durable, high-performance kitchen appliance will pay off in the long run. That’s exactly the case with this Philips pasta maker. We loved everything about it – from the various pasta options to the quick and efficient performance and ease of cleaning. Philips pasta maker is a true premium choice.
Best Budget-Friendly Option: Marcato 8356 Atlas Ampia Pasta Machine
- You don’t have to spend a lot of money on a pasta maker for it to serve the purpose. The Marcato 8356 Atlas Ampia manual pasta maker is a good choice if you want an affordable kitchen device that will help you make tasty pasta at home.