Top 5 Best Panini Presses 2021:
- Cuisinart GR-4N 5-in-1 Griddler Panini Press
- Cuisinart GR-1 Griddler Panini and Sandwich Press
- Ovente 2-Slice Electric Panini Press Grill and Gourmet Sandwich Maker
- Hamilton Beach 25460A Electric Panini Press Grill
- Chefman Electric Panini Press Grill and Gourmet Sandwich Maker
We live in a fast-paced world and are thus obliged to come up with quick and easy solutions to all the daily tasks we have to complete. Making our meals is no exception. Home-cooking is not really an option when you have to spend your day running from one meeting to another or commuting to and from your work.
The easiest solution is to eat fast food as it is sold on every corner, but how healthy would that be?
We have found a better way to appease your stomach when it starts to rumble, and you are in a hurry – a hot & crispy homemade panini! You can make it with whole-grain bread and add any filling you like – making it more tasty, fresh, and healthy than anything you can buy on the go! It will be done in a few minutes, and you can pack it up and take it with you.
All you need is the best panini press! We will help you find one!
5 Best Panini Presses In 2021: Detailed Reviews
1. Cuisinart GR-1 Griddler Panini and Sandwich Press -The best commercial-grade panini press
If you want to create restaurant-quality paninis and numerous other grilled dishes, the Cuisinart Griddler Panini and Sandwich Press might be the unit you should consider. It features two non-removable, non-stick grill plates that measure 11 by 7 inches.
For your convenience, healthier eating, and easier cleaning, this press also comes with a drip spout for easy draining of grease. Its floating hinge allows you to adjust its height to match your sandwich or panini no matter how thick or thin it is, but also to cook a variety of other food such as meat, fish, veggies, etc.
This Cuisinart panini press looks and feels professional, yet it is easy to use. The controls are straightforward. There are “power on” and “ready-to-cook” indicator lights, as well as the preset temperature controls for a perfectly crisp, golden-brown crust.
The unit is compact but can still accommodate two average-sized sandwiches. You’ll receive an instruction book that contains recipe suggestions, a cleaning tool, and a three-year warranty. The stainless steel case is built to last and looks very modern and sleek. It is easy to clean, too- all you need to do is wipe it clean.
- Good, compact size
- Quickly heats up
- Consistent performance
- Nonstick grill plates for less fat required
- Stainless steel case
- 3-year limited warranty
- Non-removable plates
2. Chefman Electric Panini Press Grill and Gourmet Sandwich Maker – Versatile unit that opens at 180 degrees to double its cooking potential
The Chefman Electric Panini Press features a floating hinge so that you can cook even the biggest burgers as well as the thinnest slices of cheese. It is thus a highly versatile unit that does not limit you to crispy sandwiches and paninis but allows you to prepare a variety of tasty dishes.
The Chefman Electric Panini Press Grill offers 5.5″x 8.75″ inches of closed cooking space as well as 10″x 8.75″ inches of flat cooking surface ideal for grilling burgers, veggies, poultry, fish, and much more. You only need to press a button to open the unit at 180 degrees and double your cooking potential.
The plates have a slope design so that all the oil and grease can drip on the backside right into a removable drip tray. Paired with the non-stick plates, this feature makes this press easy to maintain.
Unfortunately, the unit does not have the temperature control nor the On/Off switch, so you cannot do much to control the cooking process. On the bright side, the locking cover makes it safe to use around kids too.
- Floating hinge to accommodate any size sandwich
- The compact size makes it excellent for small kitchens
- Tilt-up skips resistant feet
- The removable drip tray
- Non-stick coated grill plates
- Effortless cleaning
- Locking cover
- No temperature control nor an On/Off Switch
3. Ovente 2-Slice Electric Panini Press Grill and Gourmet Sandwich Maker – Automatic shutoff feature for your safety and convenience
The Ovente 2-Slice Electric Panini Press Grill and Gourmet Sandwich Maker is a high-quality stainless steel panini press that is so easy to use that we can freely call it 100% foolproof. It features plates with non-stick coating for easy maintenance too.
Thanks to 1000w of power, your sandwiches will be done in only a few minutes, but more importantly, they will be cooked evenly. There is no need to flip your panini, either. When your food is ready to serve, the unit will turn off by itself since it features auto-off technology.
A red indicator light lets you know that the unit is on and is heating up, while the green light informs you the press is ready to start cooking your food. A floating hinge enables you to prepare a variety of dishes and gives versatility to the device.
The stainless steel housing of this press not only looks stylish but is also durable and easy to maintain – simply wipe it clean with a damp, soft cloth. It would be nice though that plates are removable too. The unit is compact and thus easy to store or take with you when you are on the go.
- Automatic shutoff
- Cool-touch handle
- Easy to clean non-stick grills
- Drip tray helps catch dripping fats
- The compact size makes storage easy
- An upscale stainless steel housing
- Floating lid
- The plates are not removable
4. Hamilton Beach 25460A Electric Panini Press Grill – Safe to use non-stick grid panini press
If you want to be able to enjoy a restaurant-quality panini at the comfort of your home, give the Hamilton Beach Panini Press a try. It can stand neck to neck with many professional-grade units at a fraction of the cost.
A cafe-style lid that features a floating hinge allows you to prepare everything from a mouthwatering thick sandwich packed with all your favorite deli products to plain old grilled cheese. It heats up quickly and evenly for great results.
Hamilton Beach press is quite easy to use. A power-on light informs you when the unit is up and running or when it is ready to use. The cooking surface measures 10 by 8 inches, providing enough room to make two or three sandwiches at once.
Thanks to the non-stick grid, even if you overdo it with cheese and it melts all over the press, you’ll have no trouble cleaning it. Unfortunately, the plates cannot be removed to be washed separately.
You can fold the unit upright and store it more easily. It is an excellent solution for small kitchens. It is a great unit but could be further improved by adding an On/Off switch and temperature control.
- A pocket-friendly price
- Floating lid feature allows you to grill any sandwich no matter its size
- Can be stored either upright or horizontally
- Stainless steel body
- Generous cooking surface
- The cool-touch handle
- No On/Off switch or temperature control knobs
- Panels cannot be removed
5. Cuisinart GR-4N 5-in-1 Griddler Panini Press – The most versatile panini press on our list
We have reached the end of our review list, but you should definitely pay attention to this final product. Cuisinart GR-4N 5-in-1 Griddler is the most versatile unit we have tested. Even though it is compact, it allows you to make a plethora of dishes absolutely easy.
The Cuisinart GR-4N 5-in-1 is a multi-functional unit that enables you to cook food in five different ways. You can use it as a panini press or a contact grill. To make it work like a grill, all you need to do is lay its cover on its back.
By taking out the grill plates and installing the griddle, you can convert the unit into a fully functional griddle and enjoy making pancakes for breakfast. You can combine griddle and grill plates, too, by putting the grill on one side and a griddle plate on the other.
The floating cover allows you to accommodate sandwiches of all sizes while the adjustable temperature controls enable you to cook any meal to perfection. Temperature controls are engineered with separate thermostats. Each of the control knobs features an indicator light that turns on when the grill or the griddle reaches the ideal temperature for cooking.
The removable plates feature a non-stick coating too and are thus super-easy to clean. They are even dishwasher safe.
- Five modes of cooking
- Compact size
- Easy to clean
- Removable, dishwasher safe plates
- Griddle and grill plates to combine as you please
- Adjustable cover
- Stainless steel cover
- The upper plate doesn’t get as hot as the lower one
What To Consider When Searching For The Best Panini Press?
Have you noticed that some sandwiches look more delicious than others? If you want to be able to make mouthwatering paninis that look like they came straight from your favorite café, you need to buy a high-quality panini press.
What is a panini press?
- Panini press is a simple device. It has two heated plates that join together and apply pressure on bread while it is being toasted.
What is the difference between a panini and a regular toast or grilled sandwich?
- A panini is never made with sliced bread. It is a grilled sandwich usually made from michetti, ciabatta, or baguettes.
- Most often, the paninis are filled with mortadella and ham, but you can choose your filling from a variety of deli ingredients. You should best enjoy them warm while they are still crispy.
How To Choose The Best Panini Press?
Before you decide which panini press to buy, try to answer a few essential questions:
- Does the press you plan to buy feature a floating hinge? If it does, you will be able to toast differently sized bread.
- Are the cooking plates removable? It will be much easier to clean them if they are.
- Does the press have both a grill plate and a griddle plate? Griddle plate makes the press much more versatile as it allows you to prepare other things besides sandwiches.
- Does it have temperature control? Temperature control enables you to cook a variety of meals, such as meat or poultry.
Here is a detailed list of all the features you need to consider when shopping for a panini press:
1. Floating Hinge
- If you want to be able to make an authentic ciabatta loaf panini and grill cheese in one device, you have to make sure it features a floating hinge. A floating hinge allows you to prepare sandwiches of different heights. Luckily, it’s pretty standard.
2. Removable Cooking Plates
- We are sure you’ll enjoy eating the hot and crispy panini, but we are not that sure that you‚ll like having to clean a panini press afterward. You can make the process easier by choosing a unit with removable plates that can be hand washed or even placed in the dishwasher.
3. Nonstick Coating
- Most of the models on the market are labeled as “non-stick,” and you should definitely buy such a unit. It will make cleaning up melted cheese much easier! Good options are glass-ceramic, cast iron, or non-stick Teflon plates.
4. Grill & Griddle Combo
- Standard panini presses feature a grill plate on top and a griddle on the bottom. In this way, you have grill marks on top of your panini while it is evenly cooked on the bottom too.
- Some models feature just the grill or the griddle, but we think it is better to have both since it enables you to cook a variety of different foods. If you have two grill plates, your food might not cook evenly, and you won’t be able to make pancakes on the griddle surface. In the end, it comes down to your preference.
5. Temperature Control
- If you want to be able to use a panini press for cooking other things, mainly meat, you have to set it on a higher temperature. Typically, grills come with temperature controls that make them multi-functional.
- A temperature control dial allows you to easily adjust the pressure to your desired temperature and indicates when it is hot enough to start making your panini. When cooking other foods like burgers and hotdogs, temperature control helps you set consistent cooking temperatures.
6. Drip Tray
- All the fat and grease that comes out of your food has to go somewhere. A drip tray collects these “by-products” and takes them away from the main cooking surface, making the cleaning process much more manageable.
It is time to reach your final decision, buy the best panini press, and enjoy hot and crispy paninis whenever and wherever you want!
We hope we have made things easier for you. If you have carefully read our buying guide, you should have enough knowledge to choose wisely and not regret your decision later on.
The good news is that you cannot go wrong! Whichever unit you choose, you’ll be pleased, as long as you stick to our Top 5 list.
If you want a do-it-all unit, we highly recommend the queen of versatility, Cuisinart GR-4N 5-in-1 Griddler Panini Press. It has all the features you need to make a plethora of dishes you can enjoy with your family and friends – interchangeable grill and griddle, temperature controls, and an adjustable cover.
We also highly recommend Cuisinart GR-1 Griddler Panini and Sandwich Press as it can easily be used in a professional environment too. Ovente 2-Slice Electric Panini Press Grill and Gourmet Sandwich Maker is an excellent option if you travel a lot, and you want to bring your panini press with you.