Top 5 Best Pancake Griddles 2021:
- Presto 07061
- Black & Decker GD2051B
- Anolon 82854
- Cuisinart MCP45-25NS Burner Griddle
- Vremi 20 inch Large Nonstick Cast Iron Griddle for Kitchen Stove Top
When it comes to breakfast, you can’t go wrong with a batch of freshly made, fluffy pancakes! And the fluffier they are, the more delicious they taste.
From oat base to fruit fusions, pancakes are the best way to start your day.
To make perfectly fluffy pancakes, you need a pancake griddle pan. These uniquely designed pans provide you with the most efficient way to prepare pancakes.
Well, pancake griddles have a large cooking surface and provide even heat transfer, which is all you need to bake perfect pancakes!
Unfortunately, the market is flooded with seemingly samey products, which can make choosing the best pancake griddle a nightmare.
This is why we decided to compile this little article. Read on and learn what the best five pancake griddles on the market, why you should get one, and how to pick the best model for your needs!
5 Best Pancake Griddles In 2021: Detailed Reviews
After dozens of hours of testing and just as many delicious breakfasts, these are the five best pancake griddles that made it to our list.
We made sure we included pancake griddles of all types.
1. Presto 07061 – Editor’s Choice
The first place on our list of best pancake griddles goes to Presto 07061, an incredibly versatile electric pancake griddle.
This product is an excellent choice for anyone that wants to buy an electric griddle but is hesitant because they’re difficult to clean and take up a lot of space.
This pancake griddle is anything but small, measuring 22 inches in length. This means you’ll have enough cooking surface to make stacks of flapjacks for every member of your family at a time.
On top of having a generous cooking surface, the 07061 also features an effective non-stick coating that’s even further enhanced by the textured design of the surface. No matter what you decide to cook on this griddle, you can rest assured it won’t stick.
However, the best part about this pancake griddle is that you can detach the cooking surface for easy hand cleaning.
Another thing we liked about this product is how durable it is. The Presto 07061 is built out of cast aluminum with a thick gauge, so you don’t have to worry about it warping or getting damaged after prolonged use.
- Large cooking surface
- Features non-stick coating
- Easy to clean and maintain
- None whatsoever
2. Black & Decker GD2051B – Runner up
Black & Decker is well known for manufacturing high-quality power tools. However, this company also makes great kitchen appliances, one of which is our runner up.
Just like the previous model, the Black & Decker GD2061B features a generous non-stick cooking surface that measures 20×11 inches. With a surface this big, you will have stacks of pancakes ready for your whole family in no time!
The coolest thing about this electric pancake griddle is the detachable temperature control probe. When you detach the said probe, you can submerge the entire griddle under water for easy cleaning.
Another thing we liked is the cool touch design that allows you to touch the sides without fear of burning your hand. We really appreciate this design choice because this pancake griddle can heat up to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
We only wish the drip tray was a bit bigger since it can hold only around one-third of a cup of liquid. The cord is also a bit too short, but if you have a plug above your kitchen counter, you should be good.
- Features a large cooking surface
- Features a non-stick coating
- Incredibly easy to clean and maintain
- Cool-touch design
- Small drip tray
- The cord is a bit short
3. Anolon 82854 – Best Value
Different families have different requirements when it comes to kitchenware they buy. The Anolon 82854 pancake griddle offers you and your family peace of mind thanks to its lifetime warranty.
Not only that, but this pancake griddle also comes with a bonus stainless steel turner. You won’t get a deal like this anywhere else!
The Anolon 82854 is a stovetop pancake griddle best suited for medium-sized families because it features a cooking surface measuring 18×10 inches. This is on par with the previous two models we reviewed.
This griddle is made out of hard-anodized aluminum metal and features a deep black non-stick coating on the top. This not only means you won’t have trouble making delicious breakfast meals, but you also don’t have to worry about it warping from heat.
On top of that, the Anlon 82854 is fully dishwasher-safe. You won’t even have to get your hands dirty with this product, just chuck it into the dishwasher and you’re done!
The only issue we have with this product is its price. This pancake griddle is just as expensive as an electric one. However, once you factor in the value you’re getting out of it, the price seems fair.
- Built out of hard-anodized aluminum
- Features a non-stick surface
- Lifetime warranty
- Comes with a bonus turner
- Very expensive
4. Cuisinart MCP45-25NS Burner Griddle – Best For Gas Stoves
Pancake griddles and gas stoves usually don’t mix well because the heat can cause them to warp after just a couple of uses. This is because most pancake griddles are built out of low quality aluminum.
However, the story is quite different when it comes to Cuisinart MCP45-25NS.
This pancake griddle won’t warp no matter how high the temperature because it features a tri-ply construction. This means it’s made by bonding three layers of metals.
The core is built out of aluminum which ensures even heat distribution. The exterior is built out of hard-anodized aluminum which increases resistance to corrosion, high temperatures, and scratching.
Besides incredible durability, this pancake griddle also comes with a big cooking surface measuring 10×18 inches. This is perfect for mid-to-large-sized families who want to enjoy tasty breakfast meals like fish, eggs and bacon, and everything in between.
Another awesome thing about this griddle is that it can be used on induction cooktops. This means that even if you don’t have a gas stove, you can still use this product. It is also dishwasher-safe so it’s incredibly easy to maintain.
- Can be used on gas stoves
- Large cooking surface
- It’s a bit pricey for a manual pancake griddle
5. Vremi 20 inch Large Nonstick Cast Iron Griddle for Kitchen Stove Top – Best Heavy-Duty
This extra-large pancake griddle from Vremi will ensure you with the race against time no matter how many people you have to feed.
Why? Because it allows you to make dozens of pancakes in an incredibly short time.
The Vremi pancake griddle measures 20×10 inches and is built out of cast iron. You’ll be able to churn out flapjacks at lightning speed not just because of the extra-large cooking surface, but because cast iron is incredibly effective at evenly distributing the heat.
On top of its exceptional size, the Vremi comes with another cool feature. This pancake griddle can also serve as a grilling surface. All you have to do is turn the griddle around, and presto! You now have a grilling pan.
Because it’s made out of cast iron, this griddle is naturally stick-free and quite easy to maintain if you know what you’re doing.
Cast iron, unfortunately, isn’t dishwasher-safe, so you’ll have to clean the Vermi by hand. You also have to be careful and not use harsh or abrasive detergents because if you damage the surface, it will start to rust.
- Compatible with any type of stove
- Incredibly durable
- Large cooking surface
- Can double as a grilling surface
- Must be carefully washed
- Quite heavy because it’s made out of cast iron
What Are Pancake Griddles And Why Do You Need One
Pancake griddles come in many shapes, sizes, and types. This is why sometimes it can be quite difficult to understand what this piece of cookware is.
So, let’s answer this question now!
A pancake griddle is a cooking appliance that has a large and flat surface.
Pancake griddles are usually made out of steel, aluminum, or cast iron. and can be heated by electricity, gas, and even coal or wood. And, on top of that, most modern pancake griddles also feature a non-stick surface (more on that later).
Okay, now you know what pancake griddles are, but why would you want one when a decent pan can do the same job?
The answer is efficiency.
Pancake griddles are larger than regular pans, which means you can cook more than one pancake at a time. Not only that, but they are also better at distributing than pans allowing you to make perfect pancakes every time.
Of course, you can use this cookware to make things other than pancakes. Griddles are also excellent for making Paninis, grilled cheese, and, depending on the shape of the griddle, even waffles.
Now that you know why you need one, let’s talk about different pancake griddle types. This cookware comes in three main types:
- Electric Griddles – are the type of griddle you’ll find in most households. They are built out of thin plate material and are equipped with a heating element. They usually feature a large surface area and have excellent heat distribution. Electric pancake griddles are also generally easy to clean, require very little oil, and they can keep the food warm for a long time.
- Gas Griddles – are very similar to electric griddles. Instead of an electric heating element, gas griddles rely on gas heating. They are mostly used commercially and offer the most consistent temperature.
- Stovetop Griddles – are similar to skillets. However, this type of griddle comes with the added benefit of a larger flat surface. They are mostly made out of aluminum, Teflon, and cast iron. Stovetop griddles are an excellent alternative to electric griddles.
Now that you know why you need a pancake griddle, it’s time to learn what factors you should consider when looking for the best pancake griddle for your needs.
5 Factors You Should Consider When Buying A Pancake Griddle
So, without further ado, here are the five factors you should consider when browsing for a new pancake griddle.
- When it comes to the size of the pancake griddle, it all depends on how many mouths you want to feed.
- A small griddle is perfect if you’re not planning on cooking for a large crowd. If there’s just you and your significant other enjoying a tasty breakfast, you should go for a smaller model.
- Smaller pancake griddle is also an excellent choice for those who like to travel because it will take up less space. You won’t be able to make as many pancakes as you would with a large griddle, but you will have space for the more important stuff.
- If you have a large family, or if you like hosting Sunday brunches, we definitely recommend going for a bigger pancake griddle. Extra space will help you make larger quantities of pancakes in a shorter period.
- Large pancake griddle is also excellent for preparing other types of food like bacon, sausage, eggs, and many other morning yummies.
- When it comes to material, pancake griddles are commonly built out of cast iron, aluminum, and stainless steel.
- Aluminum pancake griddles are the most lightweight and most affordable. They have okay-ish heat distribution but are unfortunately highly reactive to acidic and alkaline foods. This type of griddle also tends to warp and scratch easily.
- On the other hand, stainless steel pancake griddles don’t react with foods and are incredibly durable. Unfortunately, this type of griddle has terrible heat distribution. On top of that, stainless steel griddles are quite expensive.
- Finally, cast iron griddles are incredibly durable, have excellent heat distribution, and have natural non-stick surfaces. Their main downside is that they’re quite heavy.
- As you can see, each material has its own set of pros and cons, which means there is no wrong choice.
- As we’ve already said, pancake griddles can be used for a lot more than just baking pancakes. You can also use them for frying eggs and bacon, making grilled cheese sandwiches, and much more.
- When looking for a pancake griddle, we recommend you go for a model that allows you to make various types of food.
4. Ease Of Cleaning
- Nothing ruins breakfast more than a long cleanup session after it. This is why you should look for a model that requires minimal cleanup.
- Thankfully, almost every pancake griddle these days comes with a non-stick surface. Just be careful not to scratch them because the non-stick coating is known to peel easily.
- However, this is not the only thing you should have in mind when it comes to easy cleaning. Some pancake griddles aren’t safe for dishwashers. This is why you should always read the product description so you can avoid ruining your new piece of cookware.
- When it comes to price, you should ignore it.
- Because pancake griddles are available at a wide range of prices, there’s something that can fit every budget.
- If you don’t want to spend a lot of money, we recommend you go for a stovetop model since those are most affordable.
- On the other hand, if money is not an issue, you can go for a more expensive electric model.
Our Final Word
All that’s left now is to tally up the results.
If you’re looking for the best pancake griddle, look no further than the Presto 07061. This griddle is not only large, but easy to clean and allows you to cook all types of food.
If you’re looking for something from a well-known brand, we recommend you go for the Black & Decker GD2051B. This electric pancake griddle offers excellent cooking surface and is incredibly easy to clean because it can be fully submerged under water.
Finally, if you’re looking for best value, the Anolon 82854 is your best choice. This product comes with a lifetime warranty, its dishwasher-safe, and it also comes with a bonus stainless steel turner!