Top 5 Best Olive Oil Sprayers 2021:
- Premium Glass bottle with Non-aerosol Olive Oil Mister and Cooking Sprayer with Clog-Free Filter by CHEFVANTAGE
- Evo Oil Sprayer Bottle, Non-Aerosol for Olive Oil and Cooking Oils
- Continuous Spray Olive Oil Mister Dispenser Sprayer for Cooking | Best Air Fryer Accessories
- Updated 2020 Version Olive Oil Sprayer Dispenser Mister Bottle For Cooking
- Besmon Olive Oil Sprayer Stainless Steel Refillable Bar Bottles for Cooking
Olive oil is awesome – there is simply no other way around it.
Whether you are cooking some tasty dish or merely making a salad dressing, this simple ingredient will improve the taste and raise your cooking game on a whole new level. Besides, olive oil is simply fantastically healthy.
Yes, unlike the other dressings of this type, this ingredient features fewer calories, an incredible amount of antioxidant content, vitamins A, D, E, and K, produces strong antibacterial effects, and much, much more. Yeah, this is one serious package.
But, nothing in this world is perfect, and this ingredient is no exception. You know how they say that you can’t have enough good things? Well, that’s not the case with olive oil. As a matter of fact, if your meals are drowning in oil, you may get the result quite the opposite from the ones we mentioned.
Still, every problem can be solved with a proper tool, and humanity found a quite elegant solution for this slight issue. Enter olive oil sprayers – incredibly simple but incredibly useful tools that will make sure that all of your future meals are green, healthy, and tasty.
So, without further ado, let us take a quick look at some of the best units you can find on the market and see what is the best olive sprayer the money can buy.
5 Best Olive Oil Sprayers In 2021: Detailed Reviews
1. Premium Glass bottle with Non-aerosol Olive Oil Mister and Cooking Sprayer with Clog-Free Filter by CHEFVANTAGE – Best overall olive oil sprayer
Some people say that beauty lies in simplicity. And although this claim can be argued, this neat cooking sprayer definitely presents enough evidence to support this point. Sure, this bottle won’t win any prizes for design, but it’s simple, elegant, and what’s more important does its job near perfect.
And don’t get us wrong, when we say this bottle features simple design we don’t mean it looks bad. On the contrary, the oil chamber is made from scratch-resistant glass that is pretty good looking and easy-to-clean. Stainless steel top that for the most part hides the pump doesn’t lag behind either. So, there is nothing too extreme going on here, and we appreciate the sprayer even more for this fact.
But, the part where things start to become really interesting is the very pump. Unlike most other units on the market that rely on aerosols, this sprayer uses the good old pressure pump mechanism that doesn’t need a couple of pumps to get going. This solution is also pretty immune to clogging so you will be able to use other liquids as well as prime your oil herbs and vinegar.
The oil mist you get at the end is fine, even and well-measured, so there is no fear you will pour out too much oil in one press. But, the pressure pumps are also slightly more prone to spilling than aerosols, so take this as a minor flaw.
- Simple yet efficient design
- Scratch-resistant oil camber
- Generous dimensions of 2.6 x 2.6 x 5.1 inches
- Stainless steel top
- Pressure pump mechanism works like a charm
- Occasional oil spilling
2. Evo Oil Sprayer Bottle, Non-Aerosol for Olive Oil and Cooking Oils – The biggest oil container
If the previous product had a neutral design that grew on us over time, the first impression we got from this piece of kitchenware was pretty on the nose. Namely, we couldn’t escape the fact this olive oil sprayer looks like some kind of cleanser.
Seriously, when we were testing the unit, we were tempted more than a couple of times to use the bottle to remove the grease from the oven.
But, without intention to be too harsh, we have to point out that although the overall look of Evo’s oil sprayer is definitely not our cup of tea, we definitely appreciate the ergonomic design of this unit. Even when things around the kitchen became very messy, we did not, at any point, start feeling the bottle slipping out of our hands or had any problems spraying oil.
Well, unless we take into account the fact that the position of the tube at the very bottom of the tanks makes spraying while tilted extremely difficult.
And with a whole 18 ounces of oil preserved in a quite sturdy glass container, you could have quite a lot of oil to spray. We also have to point out that the way the bottle disperses oil is spot on. The manufacturer claims that every trigger pull pours out exactly 1.35 millimeters, and we have no reason to doubt that.
All in all, portion control is perfect.
So, there you have it – a pretty strong contender that unfortunately makes somewhat poor use of its spacious tank. Still, it’s more than worth your attention.
- Spacious container
- Non-BPA, non-aerosol sprayer
- Excellent ergonomic design
- Good price-value ratio
- Even and precise streams of oil
- Not quite the looker
- Can’t spray while tilted
3. Continuous Spray Olive Oil Mister Dispenser Sprayer for Cooking | Best Air Fryer Accessories – The best sprayer for preserving oil
And now for something completely different. Yeah, you may feel that we are paying too much attention to the look of these units (after all, they are pretty utilitarian), but their overall design is often too fun to be ignored.
For instance, who would expect to find olive oil in such a streamlined, sci-fi looking bottle? We would definitely not.
But, according to the manufacturer, the choice of blue wrapping for the bottle of this sprayer, aside from producing a wow factor, also creates an additional layer of UV protection that prevents the oil inside from degrading. And you also get a refill meter, so you always know how much oil you are left with. So, we can say nothing but props to the design department.
Once we move past that, though, we can find one pretty by the numbers olive oil sprayer that doesn’t do anything particularly wrong but does not excel in any department either. Sure, the base of the bottle is wide, and you have a pretty good grip while you are holding it, but that can be said for thousands of other bottles as well.
If anything, the plastic film makes cleaning a bit more difficult than it was supposed to be.
The same can be said about the spraying mechanism. For the most part, it works fine, and the amount of oil that is being dispersed is reasonably even. But, our unit ended up stuck too many times to be ignored.
- Interesting bottle design
- Excellent oil preservation
- Refill meter is incredibly useful
- Wide and stable
- Made from durable glass
- Somewhat hard to clean
- Spraying mechanism is not that reliable
4. Updated 2020 Version Olive Oil Sprayer Dispenser Mister Bottle For Cooking – Best affordable sprayer
When we tried to sort all these products, this sprayer ended up pretty low, in the fourth place. And what to say – we feel terribly sorry for that. Being one of the cheapest entries on the list, this neat sprayer packs an incredible amount of value for the money. The thing is, there are very few things that truly stand out here, so the sprayer ended up guilty only by comparison.
Let’s take the design, for example. It’s by no means bad, but you can find dozens of sprayers that look almost exactly like this one. With the things as they are, the chances are you are going to buy it only by accident.
Sure, you get your glass body and stainless steel top, but that has become a pretty much standard affair by now. The fact that the very bottle is too narrow for comfortable cleaning only makes this situation worse.
Things are similar when it comes to performance. The spraying mechanism does its job more than adequately (the spills weren’t too frequent, and the amount of oil that goes out is, for the most part even), but we can’t say we were blown out of the water with this one.
So, we can’t say anything particularly wrong about this sprayer, but we can’t say anything overly positive either. If the manufacturers packed their product with at least one standout feature, the bottle would rank much, much higher.
Still, it is an excellent option for people who don’t want to spend too much money, so something good is going on after all.
- Excellent price-value ratio
- The bottle is quite sturdy
- Streamlined and efficient design
- The unit, for the most part, sprays evenly
- A bit bland and uninspiring
- Occasional spills
- The bottle is too narrow
5. Besmon Olive Oil Sprayer Stainless Steel Refillable Bar Bottles for Cooking – The best all-stainless steel sprayer
And for the very end, we have the only contender made entirely from stainless steel. We are truly sorry this sprayer ended up in the last place, and the fact we are very strongly in favor of this design is only one of the reasons.
But, as objective reviewers, we can’t turn our heads away from some serious flaws and, unfortunately, this unit packs quite a few of them. First and foremost, the all-stainless steel units usually feature at least some transparent indication that can help you to see how much oil is left inside. Here, that is not the case.
Second, the oil injection requires that you fill the unit with warm tap water and shake it before use, which makes spraying unnecessarily convoluted and a bit tedious. Third, despite all the efforts to make spraying more consistent and reliable, the overall performance is pretty average.
Honestly, we haven’t noticed any changes in comparison with other units. The oil is sprayed evenly and moderately, but that’s pretty much it. So, this is one of the cases where innovation definitely didn’t pay off.
But, if you are not concerned with these practical things and use olive oil only from time to time (shame on you), the fact remains this is one very handsome piece of kitchenware you will have no problem showing to your guests (it doesn’t look like a cleanser).
The price is more than affordable, so there you have it.
- The unit looks pretty good
- Solid, ergonomic design
- Affordable price
- Reasonably sized oil container
- The spraying mechanism is too convoluted
- No remaining oil indication
- The performance is pretty average
The Perks Of Having An Olive Oil Sprayer And What To Look For When Buying One
Now that we covered all of our five contenders, we know why you might be wondering now – why would bother with this, admittedly handsome piece of kitchenware when I can pour the oil directly from the bottle or use my spoon for that?
Well, you can, but how good you are going to do that – well, that’s open for discussion. If you, on the other hand, pay one, usually moderate price – you will get all these wonderful benefits:
- Easy to use – Olive oil sprayers work on the simple pump and spray principle. That makes them incredibly convenient, even if you have only one hand available.
- Clean kitchen – If you have even the slightest kitchen experience, you probably know just how messy any kind of oil can be. One slight shake of the hand, you have the liquid all over your kitchen floor. Well, not if you are using an oil sprayer.
- Fewer calories – By using the sprayers, you are using less oil than if you would by pouring the liquid directly from the bottle. The oil is also more evenly distributed.
As we can see, oil sprayers are pretty neat, and you should definitely keep at least one in your kitchen. But, you also have to keep in mind that not all sprayers are made the same. As a matter of fact, their quality can vary pretty wildly, and some of them may even BPA materials that can compromise the quality of oil and even threaten your health.
So, let us take a look at a couple of things you should take into account before spending your money.
- Aside from spraying the liquid over your food, olive oil sprayers are designed to perform another important duty – to keep the oil bottled and prevent it from spoiling. Therefore, the container you are going to use should be airtight and feature a reasonable amount of durability.
- Keeping that in mind, some of the most popular options you can find on the market are:
- Plastic – By far, the cheapest and easiest to maintain. They are not, however, all that pretty to look at and feature only an average level of durability
- Metal – Usually, the toughest in the bunch and a pretty good match for more modern kitchens.
- Glass – Incredibly classy but very frail. The glass sprayers are also one of the most expensive options on the market.
2. Spraying Mechanism
- So, the primary purpose, at least in the culinary sense, is to turn the oil into the cloud of air and disperse it all over your food. That duty is usually performed by the aerosol you can find on the top of the unit. We can say that the performance of your sprayer will pretty much depend on this simple mechanism.
- What you should look for is the unit that creates beautiful streams without spatting too much oil out in one spray. If possible, it is highly advised that you give it a try before buying.
3. Size And Capacity
- The olive oil sprayers are designed to keep your olive oil inside, so one would assume that “the more, the better logic” has a pretty firm footing here. But, that doesn’t always have to be the case. For instance, the bottles that are too big are also heavy and not that easy to use. That somewhat kills their convenience.
- Second, you have to take into consideration that although pretty safe, aerosols are not entirely airtight. That means that the oil will inevitably lose air with frequent use. That is why you should keep the storage containers fairly moderate. Anything going beyond the size of a regular perfume would be overkill.
4. Ease Of Cleaning
- As awesome as it is, no one can deny that oil is, for the lack of a better word… Well, oily. In other words, cleaning it from your dishes is a real nightmare. And you will need to wash your sprayer whenever you refill the oil.
- That is why it is incredibly important to buy the sprayer that is easy to maintain. Now, in the case of the oil sprayers, the ease of maintenance will largely depend on the bottle material. But, keeping that in mind, you should also do your best to buy the bottle that is easy to disassemble as well as designed to allow effortless cleaning.
5. Ergonomic Design
- Finally, we have to mention the design. And not only design in the narrowest sense of that word. Sure, just like any other kitchen item, an olive oil sprayer should, preferably, look good when placed on the table. But, your sprayer bottle should also feature that’s easy to grip and dimensions easy to store.
So, we are finally at the very end, and you know what that means. Yes, it’s finally the time for us to declare the winner of this roundup. And as you can probably guess by now, our votes eventually went to CHEFVANTAGE’s Oil Sprayer with Clog-Free Filter. It’s simple, elegant, and works like a charm.
What more could you ask from your sprayer? Well, maybe something that packs more oil or allows you to preserve the oil over extended periods of time. If that’s the case, you should also take a look at Evo Oil Sprayer Bottle or Continuous Spray Olive Oil Mister Dispenser, respectively.