Top 5 Best Mini Food Processors 2021:
- Hamilton Beach Stack & Press Mini 3-Cup Glass Bowl Food Processor
- Ninja NJ110GR Express Chop 2-Cup Food Processor
- KitchenAid KFC3516IC 3.5 Cup Food Chopper
- Cuisinart DLC-2ABC Mini-Prep Plus Food Processor Brushed Chrome and Nickel
- Cuisinart CH-4DC Elite Collection 4-Cup Die Cast
We are overwhelmed with how many great kitchen appliances are out there on the market, waiting for us to test them out.
We anticipated for too long to test the following product.
Behold the ultimate timesaver (and a lifesaver in our humble opinion) – the best mini food processor.
Chopping onions, garlic, herbs, and spices can be a very delicate job, and if you are not very skilled with a knife, it can become the most hated task of all times. Don’t let us start about how much time it takes to peel off the onions than to cut in slices than to cut perfectly even cubes. Okay, anxiety just kicked in, and we only mentioned it.
Thanks to some brainiac out there now, we have a food processor to help us out in a time of need, but usually, they are too big in size to be used for chopping an onion or two; that’s why we considered purchasing the mini-sized one.
Here is our list of the best mini food processors available for purchase.
5 Best Mini Food Processors In 2021: Detailed Reviews
We are sure you all have a classic food processor forgotten and rarely used somewhere in your cupboards or a pantry. The reason why it is safely stored somewhere is that it features a capacity that is too big for simple chopping tasks such as cutting onions and herbs.
So the time has come to look out for the best mini food processor to replace the old bulky one. Happy shopping.
1. KitchenAid KFC3516IC 3.5 Cup Food Chopper – Perfect For Simpler Tasks
This kitchen appliance is a perfect choice since it features a very convenient size and provides versatile use. The blades are made from stainless steel so you can be sure it is easy to maintain and safe to use.
There is one thing we must resolve before we get more into this product. Let’s talk about capacity. It is advertised that the full capacity is 3.5 cups, but that is not entirely true. This mini food processor can fit up to 1.5 cups when processing liquid ingredients, 2.5 cups when processing veggies or fruit, and 3 cups when working with nuts.
So the capacity or better say the misrepresentation of it is the only bad thing about this product.
Now since we are talking about mini food, processor capacity should not be a big deal, but functions are. This little kitchen beast can perform chopping, pureeing, and even grinding nuts, cheese, and herbs. It can mix light liquids such as oils and juices, as well as sauces, and make them smooth since it features a drizzle basin that allows easier processing.
The pulse option will make your fruits and veggies all come out with the same texture and even size. It is potent for small appliances, but it still can’t make things like nut milk or bread dough.
It is effortless to operate with it since all you need to do is press the button where the lid and handle meets. When you process liquid ingredients, you choose the puree button and chop button for all other ingredients.
- Versatile use
- Stainless steel blade
- Easy to use
- Safe to wash in the washing machine
2. Hamilton Beach Stack & Press Mini 3-Cup Glass Bowl Food Processor – Simple And Effective
This is our favorite model, and there are a few reasons why but the first one is the glass food bowl. Why? Well, it looks pretty, and it is odor-free so you can mince garlic and fresh herbs in it and make the spicy dressing, sauces, and marinara without having to worry about smell retaining. But be aware the bowl is very fragile.
The blades are made from stainless steel and sharp enough to process hard and soft ingredients. It is very easy to use and assemble this model. All you need to do is place the food bowl on top of the base without twisting it and locking it. When you are ready to chop your food, simply press the patented lid down and release it when you are done.
Be aware that the food processor features a fairly powerful motor so you can easily over-process your food and make a mushy mess as well to cause overheating of the appliance if you run it continuously for longer than a minute.
The capacity is 3 cups in theory, which means 2.5 cups for dry ingredients and 2 cups for liquids to prevent overflowing the bowl and overstraining the motor.
Since it features a small size, it is very easy to store in a cupboard or on the countertop, but messy cords all around the kitchen can be very annoying. Well, this little buddy comes with cord storage that neatly fits the length of the cord, leaving your kitchen perfectly clean. Oh, yes, and it is dishwasher safe.
- Glass food bowl
- Dishwasher safe
- Tends to overheat
3. Cuisinart DLC-2ABC Mini-Prep Plus Food Processor Brushed Chrome and Nickel – The Best Tool For Quick Little Jobs
This mini food processor comes with a bowl made from BPA-free plastic and stainless steel blades. The sharp edge will puree soft ingredients and chop herbs, and the blunt edge will handle hard ingredients.
Depending on the ingredients, it can fit up to 3 cups. Make sure not to overload the food bowl since it will overfill for sure. It’s the safest to use a maximum of 2/3 of the bowl. The bad thing is that this processor requires you to precut the ingredients into small uniform pieces if you want them to come out like that. You can grind, chop, and puree with this mini food processor.
On top of the processor, you will find a lid with a convenient opening that will allow you to add your ingredients during the blending or chopping process. We loved this feature since it will enable you to add even larger ingredients.
Working with this appliance is straightforward. There are two touchpad buttons for chopping and grinding. It also features a pulse function and a continuous speed function. The bad thing is that you must hold buttons to keep the machine running, which is very old-school.
There is one more tricky part. It would be best if you do not operate the food processor longer than a minute per time since it is mini size so it can overheat and damage. The great thing is that all removable parts are dishwasher safe, so maintaining is easy.
- Powerful and versatile use
- Easy to maintain
- BPA-free plastic
- Stainless steel
- You must hold the buttons at all time to keep it running
4. Cuisinart CH-4DC Elite Collection 4-Cup Die Cast – The Biggest Mini Food Processor On The List
This kitchen appliance is compact and very powerful. It is convenient to use when you need to do some larger amounts of chopping since it features great capacity as well as the high-quality, sharp dual-edge stainless steel blades that can handle soft and hard ingredients with ease.
The blunt edge is perfect for cutting herbs and pureeing soft veggies and fruits, and the sharp edge is more suitable for chopping nuts and hard veggies and fruits.
But what makes this model unique is the BladeLock system. It is not some fancy feature, but it will allow you to pour out the ingredients safely since you do not need to remove the blade when you have this feature.
The capacity is 4 cups or approximately 32 ounces theoretically, which is great. Like with all other models here on this list, it is best to use only 2/3 capacity of the bowl to prevent straining the motor and damaging the product.
Unfortunately, it features the same inconvenient operating controls as the previous Cuisinart model. You have to hold the buttons all the time, which is a bummer. The food processor uses two different food processing modes chopping and grinding. It also features the continuous speed, which is great for grinding mode and pulse speed more suitable for chopping mode.
When using the pulse speed, make sure you check out on food frequently to avoid over-processing. You will be happy to hear that all removable parts are dishwasher safe.
- Multiple functions
- Safe and easy to handle
- Dishwasher safe
- Made from BPA-free plastic and stainless steel
- Inconvenient operation controls
5. Ninja NJ110GR Express Chop 2-Cup Food Processor – Small Yet Feisty
We did hold a grudge for this product considering the capacity, but we were wrong, we admit. This model is the best cheap food processor you will find on the market nowadays.
The food bowl is made from BPA-free plastic, and it features an ergonomic handle and a non-slip base. It is also very handy since it comes with a calibrated food bowl, so you will always know how much liquid you just added in. The four stacked blades are stainless steel and razor-sharp so you will be able to grind, chop, and mince effortlessly.
The overall capacity is 2 cups, and there is only one thing you must remember when using this processor, and that is to never add more than 1 cup of liquid ingredients since it will overflow. For dry ingredients, it will work perfectly, even when fully loaded.
You might think this model cut out on versatility since it is cheap, but that is not the case. It features two process options chopping and grinding and a pulse speed option. We learned how powerful this processor is (read we over-processed our food) when we used the pulse speed mode since it only takes two or three pulses to get the texture right.
The bad thing is that you must be very thorough when cleaning this processor and always use a brush since the food tends to get stuck in small openings. You can always throw it in the dishwasher, but you will still need to use a brush afterward to remove the residue.
- BPA-free and stainless steel construction
- Hand wash for best results
Things To Consider When Buying The Mini Food Processor
If you ask us, buying a new food processor is a pretty big decision, especially if you decide to invest some money into it. So there are few things to consider and think about before you head to the store or shop online.
If you would like to know better, please continue reading this article.
1. Versatile Use
- This is the first thing you should consider. You need to find yourself a model that can quickly grate, slice, dice, mince, and chop vegetables, meats, fruits, and other ingredients. Some models feature interchangeable blades, but mostly today, they are all equipped with universal blades.
- Apart from that, choose the model with sharp and non-breakable blades made from stainless steel.
- There are both the manual and electric food processors available on the market, but since we are living in 2020s, we decided to go along with electric models. There are countless reasons why you should always choose the model driven by the electric motor. First, it will minimize the effort you need to put in second; it will save you a lot of time.
- Nevertheless, we still think manual food processors are a good investment since they will allow you to manually operate the chopping when there is no electrical power.
3. The Blades And Motor
- The blades and the motor make all of the difference, especially when you tend to use it to cut various kinds of foods. You want to make sure that you buy a food processor that is equipped with a motor that’s able to power even the toughest challenges. That’s why you should consider at least 600 watts of power.
- Also, you must pair the powerful motor with the right kind of blades. As we said, make sure they are stainless steel, preferably double-edged and rust-free.
- We are looking for a smaller version of a regular food processor, so naturally, the food bowl capacity is greatly downsized. The mini food processor should fit up to five cups no more than that and never less than two cups since you need to be aware you should only use 2/3 of the capacity.
- Also, make sure that the food bowl comes with some larger opening on the lid so you can add ingredients without lifting it.
5. Noise Level
- The optimal noise level for mini food processors should be in a range from 68 to 90-dB. The noise level above that can be very annoying, and when using it for longer periods of time, it can cause some damages and stress you out believe it or not.
6. Additional Features
- Almost all kitchen appliances come equipped with some handy additional features, which makes them unique. When we talk about mini food processors, you should always consider things like the BladeLock system that will provide safety every time. Then leak-proof ring design that will prevent overflowing, but honestly, this is a very rare feature, and those models will cost you a bit more.
- Cord storage can be a very convenient feature since it will protect your cord from damages, prevent a mess in the kitchen, and allows easier storing in cupboards, for example. Energy efficiency is one of the additional features that can be very useful since it will consume less power, deliver more motor rotation, and prevent overheating.
- Buy the model that is easy to disassemble and assemble simply because you want to be able to reach all the nooks in case your food processor is not dishwasher safe. Luckily almost all models nowadays are safe to wash in the washing machine.
- The mini food processor comes from different brands; therefore, it comes with various quality, function, as well as price. Remember that the price is not everything, and it will not guarantee you the best overall quality, but you still should go for the one which is not too high or too low in price.
Time To Sum It Up
We can talk for hours about the benefits of using the mini food processor, but that is not the point of this article. What we wanted is to help you learn how to choose the best one among the tight competition on the market no matter how much money you intend to spend.
Best Overall Value: Hamilton Beach Stack & Press Mini 3-Cup Glass Bowl Food Processor
- We list this one as the best value based on price, ease of use, and our personal favorite feature glass food bowl that does not retain odors. We love the fact that we are able to cut the garlic, cheese, chocolate, nuts, and fruits all with the same device without risking to harm the flavor.
Best Budget Option: Ninja NJ110GR Express Chop 2-Cup Food Processor
- If we could place this product in the best overall as well as the best budget category, we would do it in a heartbeat. Considering the price and the efficiency of this mini food processor, it delivers more than you could expect.
Premium Pick: KitchenAid KFC3516IC 3.5 Cup Food Chopper
- If you are looking for a mini food processor that is very efficient in performing various tasks and it features a simple and beautiful design, this is the right pick for you. It will require spending a bit larger amount of money, but it will pay off considering how much time you will save.