Top 5 Best Microwave Toaster Oven Combos 2021:
- Samsung MG14H3020CM Microwave Toaster Oven Combo
- Breville BOV800XL Smart Oven
- Panasonic FlashXpress Toaster Oven
- Cuisinart CMW-200 Convection Microwave Oven with Grill
- Panasonic NN-SN651B Countertop with Inverter Technology Oven Combo
There are times when bigger is better. Wink, wink.
However, in some situations, less is more, and a microwave toaster oven combo is the perfect example. This appliance is the ultimate solution for a cramped up kitchen as it’s multi-functional and doesn’t take up a lot of space. More on that later.
You’re interested, right? Of course, you are. Well, then we’re going to help you find the best microwave toaster oven combo for your specific needs.
We’ve tracked down and reviewed five excellent models for you to choose from. All you’ve got to do is scroll down and read the following section!
5 Best Microwave Toaster Oven Combos In 2021: Detailed Reviews
If you thought that oven combos are marginal products that few companies make, then think again! Every major kitchen appliance brand manufactures these things, so there’s a small universe of them on the market.
Browsing through all those models while trying to pick the best one is a massive pain in the a. Well, luckily for you, we already did it, and we’re presenting our discoveries below. No need to thank us!
1. Samsung MG14H3020CM Microwave Toaster Oven Combo – Best Overall
Anyone in need of an ultra-modern, stylish combo oven will want to check out this one. Meet Samsung MG14H3020CM – an appliance that cooks as well as it looks. That was an unintentional rhyme, but we’re glad it happened!
This 1.4 cubic feet microwave toaster oven combo has the exterior dimensions of 18.1 x 21.9 x 12.3 inches. It’s an average-sized model, but it may have a few inches on some of its competitors.
The oven isn’t too powerful, and it has a maximum of 950 watts. However, this isn’t bad and will satisfy most people’s needs. Those who want a really powerful model should look elsewhere.
Samsung’s product is packed with all kinds of features and functions, and it may take a while until you learn how to use them fully. It can reheat, cook, grill, and defrost food, so it’s a pretty versatile device. It’s got a grill rack and a special plate for preparing crispy foods.
Everything sounds great so far, but this oven isn’t perfect. Its textured glass door is reflective, so it’s hard to see through them and check on your food. Also, the ceramic plate that’s inside makes it a lot heavier than similar products.
Overall, this is an excellent microwave toaster oven combo that comes at a reasonable price.
- Stylish design
- Energy efficient
- Decent wattage (950 W)
- Steep learning curve
2. Breville BOV800XL Smart Oven – Best High-End Model
Breville is a name that needs no special introduction. We’re happy to say that the BOV800XL smart oven lives up to their reputation as one of the best in the game. Let’s see what this one is made of.
With the size of 18.5 x 15.75 x 11 inches, this model is not big nor small. It’s got a sturdy stainless steel body and Quartz elements capable of 1800 watts of power. What makes this oven “smart” is the Element IQ. It directs the heat to the areas most needed to achieve ultimate heat distribution.
The interior of BOV800XL is 0.8 cubic feet, and you’ll be able to fit a lot in it. The oven comes equipped with a generous array of accessories, including a baking pan, broiling pan, and a non-stick pizza pan.
The best part about this model is that it’s able to do everything well, including roasting, toasting, broiling, and heating up. You don’t see this kind of performance with most combo ovens these days.
The trouble with it is that customers complain of sporadic breakdowns. For some people, the appliance worked shorter than 18 months. We advise you to look into this a bit further.
Breville BOV800XL is the most expensive model on the list, but we would argue that it’s worth the money.
- Sturdy build
- Extremely powerful (1800W)
- Great for roasting, toasting, baking, and broiling
- Comes with three pans
- Premature breakdowns reported
3. Panasonic FlashXpress Toaster Oven – Best Compact Model
Do you remember our “less is more” principle from the beginning of the article? Well, no other model illustrates this better than Panasonic’s Flash Xpress. This cute combo oven may be small, but it packs a punch. Read on to learn more about it!
With the dimensions of 12.0 x 13.0 x 10.25 inches, Flash Xpress is one of the smallest models on the list. It also has a unique look, as it doesn’t resemble a regular microwave like most other combos.
The oven has a max power of 1300 Watts, which makes it extremely powerful. Ok, so how does this translate into performance?
You’ll be able to toast pastries/sandwiches, bake pizza, and reheat food in no time. However, this appliance isn’t able to cook meat, fish, or complicated dishes very well. In other words, it functions more as an advanced microwave than an oven.
The greatest thing about Flash Xpress is that it doesn’t need preheating. This means that you’ll get a perfect toast in under 3 minutes, which is much faster than a regular oven.
A quirk of this appliance is that the back gets hotter than the front, so make sure to rotate the tray when baking or toasting something.
- Reasonable price
- Cooks very fast
- Doesn’t require preheating
- Not great for meat/fish preparation
- The back gets hotter than the front
4. Cuisinart CMW-200 Convection Microwave Oven with Grill – Best Convection Oven Capabilities
If you’re looking for a relatively powerful, programmable combo oven, you’ll be interested in Cuisinart CMW-200. This baby can withstand a heavy workload, and give you a lot of food preparation capabilities.
When it comes to its microwaving work, CMW-200 behaves like any other microwave – it heats up food. But, when you use it as a convection oven, you’ll be pleasantly surprised by what it can do. For instance, you can roast an entire chicken in it, bake pastries, and anything else that needs some browning.
Another big one is pizza-baking capability. You can throw a frozen one in it, and let CMW-200 do all the work.
As all ovens, this appliance gets really hot on all sides, so it needs to be kept away from other objects. This implies that you may need a bit more space on the counter than you originally planned.
The combo oven is pretty loud. You can hear the plate clanking as it’s rotating, and we know that some folks find this annoying. The oven isn’t cheap by any means. For the money, we feel that Cuisinart could have made it with better quality parts.
Those who want an oven more than a microwave will probably be happy with this one.
- Relatively powerful (1000W)
- Easy to use
- Excellent convection oven properties
- Easy to maintain and clean
- It gets quite hot
- Somewhat loud operation
5. Panasonic NN-SN651B Countertop with Inverter Technology Oven Combo – Best Inverter Microwave
We bet you didn’t expect two Panasonics on the list! This just goes to tell you how great and iconic this company is. Here, we’ve got an excellent model called NN-SN651B, and now we’ll see what it’s all about.
At first glance, this microwave toaster combo doesn’t look like much, but we assure you that the look is deceiving. We have to start by pointing out that this is a full-fledged microwave, but its inverter technology makes it suitable for this list. It enables NN-SN651B to cook various foods thoroughly using different techniques.
It’ll give your meals the brown crispiness that everyone enjoys, but it’ll also reheat, defrost, or keep your meals warm.
Panasonic’s Genius Sensor technology detects steam that comes off of food and automatically calculates cooking time and temperature. Besides this, it’s got auto cook functions for twelve common dishes (e.g., pizza, oatmeal, etc.). The manual controls are somewhat difficult to learn, so it wouldn’t be a good gift for your grandma.
One setback of this model is that the internal light doesn’t turn on until you start cooking. Some users complained of the oven’s poor durability, which claimed that it doesn’t last much past the warranty.
- Fair price
- Genius Sensor for automatic cooking
- Various functions
- Powerful (1200W)
- Steep learning curve
- Lacks internal light
- Durability issues
What Is A Microwave Toaster Oven Combo?
A microwave toaster oven combo is a kitchen appliance that combines the functions of, well, a microwave and a convection oven!
It’s got the fast-cooking properties of a microwave, and it’ll “brown” your food as a conventional oven does. The result? Quicker food preparation without compromising on the texture or flavor.
These products are popular with couples/singles who live in small apartments. They’re (usually) compact and great for cooking for one or two people.
What To Know Before Buying A Microwave Toaster Oven Combo?
It would be foolish to go out and buy a kitchen appliance without learning something about it first. Microwave toaster oven combos aren’t that complicated, but they have a few factors that you need to get acquainted with.
To spare you the trouble, we’ve selected and prepared the most important info about these products.
Read on to find out more!
- Size is the first thing that we want to talk about. One of the main reasons folks buy these products is their compactness. However, not all microwave toaster oven combos are small, so you need to make sure that you’re getting the size that suits you. Measure the available counter space in your kitchen and then choose an oven accordingly.
- It’s vital to know that these appliances can get pretty hot, so you’ll need to give them some space for heat ventilation. Think of them as mini-ovens rather than microwaves and select a suitable place in the kitchen.
2. Power (Wattage)
- Wattage tells you how powerful your combo oven is. Now, the trickiest part here is determining how much power you need.
- And how do you figure that out?
- Simple: if you plan to use the oven frequently, then go for a more powerful model; in case you need it to heat your food occasionally, then you won’t need a lot of wattage. Our general recommendation is not to go below 950W.
3. Controls And Features
- When it comes to functions and features, combo ovens differ a lot. Your job will be to find the one that has all the functions that you need.
- The trouble here is that the more features you have, the more difficult it is to operate the appliance. On the other hand, a very simple model might not have all the capabilities that you want. Read about this factor carefully when considering an oven to buy.
- On top of that, you’ll be able to choose between a digital interface or “old-school” buttons. Think about what would suit you more.
4. Ease Of Cleaning
- The main reason you’re buying a microwave toaster oven combo is convenience. With that in mind, it would be quite inconvenient to get a model that’s hard to clean.
- The number of crevices, both inside and outside, will significantly impact the ease of cleaning. Also, the capability to remove the rotating plate makes a huge difference. It is wise to read about what previous customers have to say about the ovens in this regard.
5. Safety Features
- Got kids? If yes, then you better buy a model with a lock feature. It’ll stop your children from messing with the oven if they had the opportunity to do so. Another essential safety feature is a handle that stays cool when the oven is hot. This one is as important for your safety as it is for your children.
- Always check the warranty that the manufacturer offers. A good one will leave you with peace of mind, and you’ll know that the company has your back if something goes wrong. Besides this, quality products usually come with an extended warranty as the manufacturer has confidence in them.
- One crucial thing to check is the kind of warranty you get with your purchase. Companies often include limited warranties that cover certain malfunctions or defects, but these are usually not so great. Full warranty is the way to go and, if possible, go for that.
- Don’t neglect the aesthetics of your microwave toaster oven combo. This is especially important if you’ve got a stylish, designer kitchen, as you don’t want this little appliance to upset the visual harmony.
- Fortunately, there are plenty of oven designs to choose from, and finding the one that fits in with your interior shouldn’t be difficult. Of course, we don’t recommend sacrificing performance for looks, but we’ll leave the final choice to you.
So, our dear cooking enthusiasts and kitchen appliance lovers, we’ve reached the end of the article. As you can see, microwave toaster combo ovens are versatile, and we’re sure that there’s something in our list for you.
Check out the top three picks for today if you need some extra help with making your decision.
Our first recommendation would be the Samsung MG14H3020CM. This model combines quality, performance, and price, unlike any other on this list. We believe that 9 of 10 users will be satisfied with it.
Those who want something more high-end should look into Breville BOV800XL. It’s an exceptional oven indeed.
If you’re after a very compact and quality combo oven, then Panasonic Flash Xpress can make you happy.
This was all that we prepared for you today. Before we leave you, we’d urge you to buy the model you like the most, regardless of our three favorites. The truth is, you won’t go wrong with any of them.