Top 5 Best Kegerators 2021:
- EdgeStar KC3000SS Full Size Kegerator
- EdgeStar KC3000SSTRIP Full-Size Triple Tap Kegerator
- Homecraft Full-Size Kegerator
- Kegco HBK309S-1 Keg Dispenser
- Kegco HBK209B-1 Keg Dispenser
Kegerator is a combination of a keg, which is essentially a small barrel, and a refrigerator. More specifically, it’s a fridge that’s been designed to hold drinks in a large amount, keeping the taste and freshness intact. It also uses a special mechanism to dispense the drinks in an easy and quick way!
If you own a restaurant or a bar, a kegerator is an indispensable tool for you. Even if you don’t need it for professional use, but you like to throw house parties or buy beer in bulk, you definitely need a kegerator.
Although they may seem a bit pricey, consider the money as an investment because a good kegerator will help you save money in the long run. You’ll be able to buy drinks in bulk rather than in small amounts.
So, if you’re ready to find out what is the best kegerator on the market, read our list of the top five choices and our buying guide so you can choose the one that’s best for you!
5 Best Kegerators In 2021: Detailed Reviews
1. EdgeStar KC3000SS Full Size Kegerator – Best Choice
Edgestar is one of the leading brands when it comes to kegerators. Their products are not only high-quality but they also perform outstandingly. From the premium materials to incredible features and a somewhat reasonable price point, we’ve absolutely loved everything about the KC3000SS model!
With the KC3000SS, you can have an ice-cold beer at the touch of a button! This kegerator is very easy to use. You can quickly adjust and monitor temperature settings via the easy-to-read control panel. It has a temperature range between 32 and 50 degrees Fahrenheit. Whether you prefer ice-cold lagers or slightly chilled stouts, this kegerator has got your back!
This model also has a deep chill mode that can perfectly and quickly cool down a new keg. The deep chill mode sends the unit’s cooling compressor into overdrive when pressed and sends it back into a regular cooling mode when pressed again.
Another great feature of this unit is that it can hold kegs of all sizes. Thanks to its large interior, it can easily fit oversized bevel-edged kegs, half sizes barrel kegs, pony kegs, slim quarter kegs, or three sixth barrel kegs.
You don’t have to worry about the mess because the KC3000SS has an integrated drip tray to catch any spillage and you can lift the tray up for convenient emptying and cleaning!
- Sleek and elegant design
- Deep chill mode
- 32-50 degrees temperature range
- Holds kegs of all sizes
- Has an integrated dip tray
- This unit can be a bit loud
2. EdgeStar KC3000SSTRIP Full-Size Triple Tap Kegerator – Best High-End Option
Don’t be surprised that we’ve included more than one EdgeStar products on our list. As we already mentioned, EdgeStar has been a synonym for quality and high-performance for many years now. The KC3000SSTRIP model is a slightly updated version of the previous one. They are quite similar when it comes to the exterior design and appearance but this one has a few more benefits so it’s more pricey.
The black cabinet and stainless steel door give it a modern and elegant look. The temperature is easily adjusted and monitored on the digital control panel. You can set it anywhere between 32 and 50 degrees Fahrenheit but you also have the option to switch it to Celsius. This unit also has a deep chill mode. This feature is very handy especially when you purchase a new keg and need to cool it quickly.
The KC3000SSTRIP is for freestanding operation only, and it’s not made as a built-in unit. You can use it for oversized kegs, full-size kegs, pony kegs, slim pony kegs, three sixth barrel kegs, or three Cornelius Homebrew kegs.
The main difference between the KC3000SS and this model is that this one has a triple tap, which is far more convenient than only the one. So if this is something that’s very important to you, we highly recommend that you go with the KC3000SSTRIP model!
- Modern design
- Temperature can be switched from °F to °C
- Deep chill mode
- Fits all sizes of kegs
- Has a triple tap
- The biggest downside is the high price
3. Homecraft Full-Size Kegerator – Best Budget-Friendly Pick
You don’t have to spend a fortune to enjoy beer from a keg at home. This full-size kegerator by Homecraft is one of the best units you’ll find in an affordable price range. As we already said, kegerators are expensive. This one, however, is not as expensive as most others but it has a lot of incredible features and functionalities similar to the high-end ones!
The black stainless steel design makes this kegerator very stylish. It will fit into any modernly designed interior so you have a device that not only performs well but also looks amazing! The hardtop pouring station, black tap tower, the removable drip tray, and the Chrome guardrail add to the stylish look!
This model features a recessed door handle that provides a flushed finish with the door and it also has the insulated rubber gasket inside to keep the cold in and the heat out. The unit comes with two removable wire shelves which you can use to store your favorite canned or bottled beverages!
The Homecraft kegerator has a large capacity and it can hold a short barrel, a slim barrel, and a ½ barrel of beer. The temperature can be adjusted on the thermostat that has seven settings and goes as low as 32 degrees Fahrenheit. It’s very efficient at keeping a consistent temperature at all times!
- The price is reasonable
- Modern and stylish black design
- Removable drip tray
- Efficient at keeping a consistent temperature
- It has only seven temperature settings
- No deep chill mode
4. Kegco HBK309S-1 Keg Dispenser – Kegerator and a Fermentation Chamber
Kegco is another highly renowned producer of kegerators. They offer a great assortment of models that come in a wide range of price points, so there’s something for everybody. The HBK309S-1 model is one of the best on the market due to its design, functionalities, and durability.
All of Kegco’s kegerators, including this one, feature fan-forced cooling to provide an even and consistent cooling throughout the unit at all times. You can quickly and easily read and set the temperature on the digital display with a push of a button. You can also select whether you want the temperature to be shown in °F or in °C.
This kegerator has the ability to go as low as 32 degrees Fahrenheit, and it has a wide enough temperature range to allow you to ferment your brew in a precisely controlled environment with consistent results every time!
The interior of this kegerator is large and it can fit one 5 gallon ball lock homebrew keg while simultaneously storing two more. It can also store up to three Cornelius Pepsi kegs, and if you want to use it as a fermentation chamber, it can hold a 6-gallon bucket or carboy.
Last but not least, there is also a deep chill mode that’s very useful when you buy a new keg. The deep chill mode will quickly and efficiently cool down a keg with just a press of the button!
- Even and consistent cooling
- You can use it to ferment your brew
- Deep chill mode
- Can be a bit loud
5. Kegco HBK209B-1 Keg Dispenser – 2 in 1 Design
To finish off this round, the number five place on our list goes to another kegerator by Kegco. The design of this kegerator is very useful since you can transform it from a kegerator to a regular fridge for beverages using the removable and adjustable shelves!
If you decide to use the HBK209B-1 as a kegerator, you won’t be disappointed by its features. It has a spacious interior large enough to hold up to three 5 gallon Cornelius ball lock home brew kegs. It can also fit any full-size keg or up to two 5 gallon D system kegs.
This kegerator comes with many convenient design features, including a removable recessed drip tray that has a dishwasher safe plastic grill, so you don’t have to worry about the mess. There’s also an easy-to-install Chrome safety rail and locking casters that make it easy to move the unit.
One downside of this model is that it doesn’t have a digital display so you have to check the temperature manually. However, the manual thermostat is easy to use and it has an energy-efficient design. The temperature range goes from 35 degrees to 42 degrees Fahrenheit.
To enhance the durability of the kegerator, the manufacturer cleverly added a stainless steel interior floor mat that ensures long-lasting durability and prevents any damages so your beer kegs can slide smoothly in and out of the cabinet.
- Doubles as a fridge for beverages
- Large capacity
- Dishwasher safe drip trail
- No digital display
- No deep chill mode
Factors To Consider Before You Buy A Kegerator
If you’re a first-time buyer you’re probably not familiar with things you should consider before you choose a kegerator. Don’t worry – just read our detailed buying guide and you’ll be able to make an informed decision.
Keep in mind that kegerators are spendy, so make sure to go through our buying guide so you can spend your money wisely!
- Kegerators are usually large and sometimes they are bulky, which is understandable considering that they have to hold very large kegs. So, if you don’t have a lot of free space, make sure to check the exact dimensions of the kegerator you wish to buy to know whether it will be able to fit in the designated place!
- Choosing a size depends on where you plan to put it. If you have a place for it under your counter, the size of the kegerator is the crucial feature you should consider. On the other hand, if you’re going to place it anywhere in your house, don’t pay too much attention on the size but rather focus on other important features!
- The capacity of the kegerator you’ll choose depends entirely on your need on what size kegs you’re going to use. The kegerators we’ve included on our list all have a large capacity and they’re able to hold kegs of all sizes.
- It’s a good idea to buy one with a large capacity because sometimes those models come with removable shelves so you can also use them to store canned or bottled beverages!
3. Temperature Range And Control
- Kegerators are a great way to keep your beer cold, so it’s very important that the one you choose has the ability to keep an even and consistent temperature at all times.
- A lot of kegerators have a digital display that allows you to quickly and easily read and set the temperature. With those models that don’t have a digital display, you’ll have to check the temperature manually. Some kegerators also allow you to switch between Fahrenheit and Celsius.
- The temperature range goes from 32 degrees to usually 42 or 50 degrees Fahrenheit. There are some kegerators that go as high as 75 degrees, and these double as a fermentation chamber!
4. Number Of Taps
- Most kegerators designed for home use have only one tap, which should suffice if you’re only going to use it at home. However, if you wish to have a kegerator with more than one tap, we’ve included a great choice with not one, not two, but three taps!
- The number of taps is not a crucial feature and it doesn’t dictate the performance and efficiency of the kegerator, but it can be convenient to have more than one tap in certain cases, like if you’re throwing a huge party!
5. Additional Features
- One of the handiest features is the deep chill mode. This is not necessarily a crucial feature but it can be extremely useful because it can cool down a new keg quickly and effectively!
- Another great feature is a removable drip tray. This will reduce the mess to a minimum, and because it’s removable, it’s very convenient to clean it. Some kegerators have drip trays that are dishwasher safe!
Final Thoughts And Recommendations
Kegerators are a great way to save money in the long run as they allow you to buy your favorite drink in bulk. Plus, they are very efficient at keeping the drinks cool and fresh, so you can enjoy it anytime!
We’ve selected the top five kegerators on the market, and now it’s time to see what are the best of the bunch!
Best Choice: EdgeStar KC3000SS Full Size Kegerator
- The winner of this round is the EdgeStar KC3000SS kegerator. EdgeStar is the number-one brand of kegerators when it comes to quality and performance. It was so difficult to find a flaw in this one. From the design to performance and functionalities, you won’t find a better choice!
Premium Pick: EdgeStar KC3000SSTRIP Full-Size Triple Tap Kegerator
- The runner up is another model by EdgeStar. This one is an updated version of the winner, so it has a similar design but it also has a few distinctive features. Where it not for the very high price, the KC3000SSTRIP would definitely deserve the number-one place!
Best Budget-Friendly Choice: Homecraft Full-Size Kegerator
- If you don’t want to spend too much money on a kegerator, we highly recommend you take a look at the Homecraft full-size kegerator. Considering the features and performance, this one is very close to some of the high-end choices. The price of this unit is quite reasonable and we believe you won’t be disappointed!