Top 5 Best Immersion Blenders 2021:
- Mueller Austria Ultra-Stick
- KOIOS 4-in-1 Immersion Blender
- Breville BSB510XL
- Cuisinart CSB-300
- Chefman Immersion Stick
Imagine if there was a magic pill that would make you instantly feel healthier and help you get in shape without any training. Unfortunately, medical science hasn’t progressed that far.
Still, you don’t need a pill to develop healthy eating habits. Just add more fruits and vegetables to your diet, take out sugar, and you’ll start feeling better in no time. Only by eating healthy foods, you can have a long-lasting impact on your body’s wellbeing.
So, if you’re planning on eating more greens and less sugar, why not make it fun? This is where immersion blender comes in. This versatile machine can crush, chop, blend, and puree. On top of that, it’s incredibly compact, and it looks like a magic wand, so you can feel like a kitchen magician while using it! From salad dressings to healthy soups, an immersion blender is a go-to appliance for a healthier, more vibrant you!
Unfortunately, choosing the best immersion blender can be quite tricky. You have to factor in its power, versatility, durability, and even the manufacturer. And if you start googling for an immersion blender, you’ll be greeted by hundreds of models that (to a layman) look the same.
Thankfully, you have us! In this article, we’ll showcase our top five picks for the best immersion blender, and we’ll teach you how to pick the best model for your needs in our buyer’s guide. Interested? Let’s go!
5 Best Immersion Blenders In 2021: Detailed Reviews
Before we get into the fine detail of why you should buy one and what factors you should consider, here are our top five picks for the best immersion blender. To ensure at least one of the products below will catch your eye, we made sure to include both corded and cordless immersion blenders.
1. Mueller Austria Ultra-Stick – Editor’s Choice
Powerful, versatile, affordable, the Mueller Austria Ultra-Stick is currently the hottest immersion blender on the market. This nifty little appliance is on the top of our list because it offers just the right dose of versatility at a reasonable price. Let’s take a closer look!
The main feature of the Ultra-Stick immersion blender is its motor. The motor is built out of high-quality copper components, which makes it incredibly durable. On top of that, it’s capable of churning out a whopping 500 watts of power, and it has nine speeds. No matter what you’re planning on blending, this machine will go through it like it’s nothing.
The motor is not the only impressive thing about this blender. It also comes with a couple of cool accessories. The entire wand can be switched for a different accessory. Besides the expected blender wand, Ultra-Stick also comes with an egg whisk and a milk frother. Not only can you make delicious crème soups, but you can also make whipped cream and delicious coffee toppings.
The design of this immersion blender is just as fantastic as the rest of it. It features a sleek, thin profile with a polished stainless steel finish. The buttons are conveniently placed so you can reach them with your thumb while you’re holding it.
- Powerful 500-watt motor
- Comes with two accessories
- 9 motor speeds
- None whatsoever
2. KOIOS 4-in-1 Immersion Blender – Runner Up
If you’re looking for a hand blender that can transform into a regular blender whenever you want, you might be interested in our runner up. KOIOS 4-in-1 Immersion blender comes with a whole slew of accessories that’ll make your daily cooking faster and easier.
This immersion blender comes with an even more powerful motor than our top pick. KOIOS immersion blender is capable of outputting 800 watts of power. This means it will go through anything like a hot knife through butter. On top of that, it comes with a few accessories that utilize the motors’ power to its full extent.
So what are those accessories? Well, this immersion blender comes with a 600-milliliter mixing beaker, a 500-milliliter chopper attachment, and a whisk attachment. Out of all these, the chopper attachment is most interesting because it allows you to transform the KOIOS into a countertop blender. Plop in your favorite veggies in the chopper, attach the blender, and you’ll have a delicious smoothie in a press of a button!
To ensure you have full control over the blending process, this blender allows you to choose between eleven-speed settings. We especially love the design of the motor speed dial. It’s placed on the top-side of the blender and perfectly blends in with the whole red and metallic design.
The only issue we have with this product is the buttons. They could’ve been more clearly labeled.
- Features an 800-watt motor
- Comes with four useful accessories
- Easy to clean and use
- 11 motor speeds
- The on/off and turbo buttons could be labeled more clearly
3. Breville BSB510XL – Best High-End Immersion Blender
If you’re looking for an immersion blender that’ll last you for years and you have the cash to burn, you’ll like our third pick. Breville BSB510XL is one of the most ergonomic hand blenders on the market. On top of that, it comes with all the accessories you’d expect from a high-end product.
BSB510XL features a motor that can output a measly 280 watts of power. Still, thanks to the revolutionary cage design, even with an “underpowered” motor, this immersion blender is more than capable of blending just about anything you can think of.
The cage is designed like a bell and features two incidents on the side that minimize suction. This design gives you full control over the blending process.
Along with the blender itself, you also get a 750-milliliter chopping chamber, a 1.2-liter blending jug, and a whisk attachment. The blades in the chopping bowl won’t chip on anything except concrete. You can use it to make peanut butter with no issues.
The best thing about the Breville BSB10XL is its design. The handle is designed like a pistol grip. This ensures you have a comfortable grip while holding this machine, and it gives you more control over the blending process. Even the on/off button is designed like a pistol trigger.
- Ergonomic design
- Easy to use
- Comes with extra large chopping chamber
- Extremely durable
4. Cuisinart CSB-300 – Best Cordless Immersion Blender
Although corded immersion blenders are quite portable as they are, the freedom a cordless model gives you is almost unprecedented. This is why the fourth place in our list of best immersion blenders goes to Cuisinart CSB-300. Besides its portability, this machine also comes with quite a few accessories that make it incredibly versatile.
Although it’s battery-powered, this immersion blender features a motor that can output a whopping 400-watts of power. With this much power at your fingertips, you can blend everything from soups to ice.
Unfortunately, some sacrifices had to be made, which is why its battery can last for only 20 minutes. Still, this is more than enough runtime for most blending tasks. You can make a smoothie every morning for a week before you have to put it on the charger.
The coolest thing about the Cuisinart CSB-300 is the accessories. Not only does it come with a chopping chamber and a blending jug, but it also comes with an electric knife attachment and a carrying bag. You can basically use this blender to make the stuffing for the turkey and later use the same device to cut it. That’s what we call versatility!
- Very portable
- Comes with an electric knife attachment
- Comes with a carrying bag
- Features a 400-watt motor
- The battery charge lasts for only 20 minutes
5. Chefman Immersion Stick – Best Budget Immersion Blender
If you’re on a tight budget and are looking for a decent immersion blender, you’ll be most interested in our last pick. The Chefman Immersion Stick doesn’t feature any bells or whistles, it’s just a plain hand blender that’s reliable and, most importantly, very affordable.
Just because this product is cheap, that doesn’t mean it’s underpowered or shoddily built— quite the contrary. The Immersion Stick features a 300-watt motor that can handle most blending tasks. You won’t be able to crush ice and nuts with it, but you can expect that from a budget hand blender.
We especially liked the design of the cage. It’s designed like a bell and has holes on the side to ensure there’s no suction and give you more control over the blending process. You won’t have any issues blending soups, making sauces and smoothies. What’s more, the wand is completely dishwasher safe. Just give it a twist and chuck it on the top rack of the dishwasher and let it do its magic.
The design of this immersion blender is nothing to brag about. However, it comes in more than a dozen different colors. This hand blender will fit into your kitchen design, all thanks to the sheer color choice you have.
- Very affordable
- Dishwasher safe
- Available in more than a dozen colors
- Excellent cage design
- Can’t crush ice
- Doesn’t come with any accessories
What Is An Immersion Blender And Why You Should Buy One?
A countertop blender is a fairly standard piece of kitchen equipment in most homes these days. And if you own a really good one, it should be able to handle the full-range of blending tasks like pureeing vegetables and crushing ice like it’s nothing. It should also be able to do a decent job at emulsifying sauces like homemade mayonnaise or ketchup.
Why would you clutter up your precious kitchen workspace by throwing in an immersion blender into the mix? The answer is simple, convenience. Also known as a stick blender, an immersion blender is a wand-shaped kitchen appliance with a single rotary blade you can use for a wide range of tasks.
Unlike a countertop blender where you’re limited by its capacity, an immersion blender allows you to blend directly in any pot. Immersion blenders also offer you more versatility. You can use this machine to make whipped cream, make cream soups, and so much more.
An immersion blender offers something conventional food processors don’t – portability. You can have this machine fastened to a wall, you can have it stored upright in a shelf, placed in a drawer – you can even put it in a chef’s bag for easy transportation. In other words, an immersion blender is the ultimate portable kitchen tool.
As their name implies, immersion blenders work by immersion in water or any other liquid. This means that instead of having to lug a huge food processor just to puree some vegetables, you can take out this little device and be done with it in a minute. If you want cream soup, just place this kitchen tool into the pot, pulse the blade for a few minutes, and you’re done.
The best thing about an immersion blender is how easy it is to clean. Unlike countertop blenders and other food processors, immersion blenders don’t have many parts. You have the wand, the blade, and the handle. And since most modern immersion blenders are waterproof, all you have to do is place it into a pot of water and turn it on, so the food leftovers get off the blade.
We can go on about the benefits of this little machine, but we have more pressing matters. Now that you know why owning an immersion blender isn’t such a bad idea, it’s time to learn what factors you should consider when searching for the best model for your needs.
6 Factors You Should Consider Before Buying An Immersion Blender
Here are 6 factors you need to consider when on the prowl for the best immersion blender for your needs.
1. How Often Will You Use The Immersion Blender?
- Before even starting your search for the best immersion blender for your needs, you have to consider how often you are going to use it. If you’re not planning on using it that often, you should go for one of the less powerful low-end models.
- However, if your mouth starts watering the second you start thinking about all the delicious things you can make with this type of blender – we recommend you go for a high-end model.
2. What Are You Going To Blend?
- After you’ve figured out how often you’re going to use it, it’s time to think about what things you’re going to blend with your new immersion blender.
- If you’re planning on making cream soups, sauces, spreads, and whipped cream, an immersion blender should be your go-to choice. On the other hand, if you’re planning on blending ice, nuts, or other hard foods, you should go for a conventional countertop blender.
- Although you can use immersion blenders to crush ice and nuts, these machines are not designed to work for prolonged periods. Immersion blenders are intended to be used for a minute or two at most. Anything longer than that, and you’re risking motor burn-out.
- The most essential component of any immersion blender is the motor. The more powerful the motor, the better It’ll blend. This is why we recommend you go for an immersion blender that puts out anywhere between 200 and 250 watts.
- The cage is an essential component of the immersion blender’s wand. This component houses the blade and provides control over how finely it blends. The ideal cage should have gaps or large cutouts that allow the food to pass through to the blade. Solid cages will trap food and make cleaning the blender a nightmare. This is why we recommend you go for a model that has a cage that allows for the food to reach the blades.
- Some immersion blender models come with different speeds. Some models even come with five speeds. While most people won’t find the ability to switch between five speeds a bit useless, you should go for a model that offers at least two speeds.
- Lastly, you have to consider the design of the immersion blender. An ideal model should be comfortable to use and hold. You should also pay attention to the location of the on/off button. If it’s inconveniently placed, you’ll have trouble controlling the machine. This is why you should go for a model that has a conveniently placed button you can easily reach when the blender is in your hand.
Before we let you go to your blending adventures, let’s do a quick recap.
We chose the Mueller Austria Ultra-Stick as the best immersion blender because it has the perfect mix of features, accessories, and price. Not only is it able to blend anything thanks to the powerful motor, but it also won’t cost you an arm and a leg.
The runner up is the KOIOS 4-in-1 Immersion Blender. This product would’ve taken up the first place if only it was a bit cheaper. Still, the value you’re getting for the price is superb.
For those that don’t have money issues, we’ve chosen the Breville BSB510XL as the best high-end immersion blender. The reason for this is quite apparent – it’s built to last, has an over-powered motor, and comes with high-quality accessories.