Top 5 Best Hot Water Dispensers 2020:
- NutriChef Electric Hot Water Dispenser
- Sunbeam Hot Shot Hot Water Dispenser
- Buydeem S7133 Hot water Dispenser
- Zojirushi CV-DCC40XT Hybrid Water Boiler And Warmer
- VonShef Hot Water Dispenser Instant
Today we can say with ease that free time is a rare commodity that only a few among us can afford to themselves. We are always in a hurry, but at the same time, we are not able to function correctly before we take our morning dose of caffeine.
So, why would you waste your well-deserved me-time standing over the kettle waiting for it to boil when you can purchase an appliance specially designed for this purpose?
It’s called hot water dispenser, and it will be your new best friend. From our experience, we can say that this device is a lifesaver.
Because there are quite a few of us, we needed something faster and larger than a regular old kettle. We did a little bit of research, and voila – hot water dispenser appears as the best solution. After testing a reasonable amount of them, we decided to share the experience with you, and that’s how we did this best hot water dispenser review.
We sincerely hope you will find it helpful.
5 Best Hot Water Dispensers In 2020: Detailed Reviews
1. Zojirushi CV-DCC40XT Hybrid Water Boiler And Warmer – Go-To Appliance For Large Families
Our first contender comes from Zojirushi, and yes, we admit that this model is not the best-looking one. This dispenser has some pretty great features that you will know how to appreciate.
Let’s start with a durable stainless steel exterior and interior that are very easy to clean. The lid is detachable, so it is effortless to refill the dispenser — also its equipped with a swivel that will make pouring easy and spill-free.
Holding capacity is impressive 4 liters, enough to cover your daily requirements. Now you all must be thinking how long it takes to heat this amount of water. Well, this model features the heating unit of the only 840W, meaning this appliance will take some time to heat the water.
But thanks to a micro-computerized temperature control system, there are four quick temperature modes: 160°F, 175 °F, 195°F, and 208°F.
All you need to do is push the button with the desired temperature, and in an hour or less (depending on the amount of water), your water is good to go. Once the water is heated, the dispenser will beep to let you know the water is ready. If you find that feature annoying, you can always turn it off or switch the tone to the one that suits you more.
CV-DCC40XT features vacuum insulation technology. This means the dispenser features a double insulation wall that will sustain the water temperature throughout the day without using electricity.
Also, there is a steam-reducing feature that minimizes the amount of steam produced after you turn off the appliance, maintaining your water temperature intact. If you accidentally forget to turn off the appliance, there is no need to worry since this model features auto shut off.
The only downside is lack of built-in filter or filtration system. But this is not a buzzkill simply because hot water dispensers are not obligated to have one since the boiling water keeps the bacteria away already.
- Durable stainless steel design
- Easy to clean
- The micro computerized temperature control system
- Vacuum insulation technology
- Auto shut off
- Only 840W of power
- Lack of built-in filter or filtration system
2. Sunbeam Hot Shot Hot Water Dispenser – Small But Feisty
The second contender for the best hot water dispenser comes from Sunbeam. You are looking at one small and modern coffeemaker-style dispenser made from black plastic that will perfectly fit in your office. This device is also equipped with a drip-tray built-in the base that will reduce the mess in your kitchen. Also, you can neatly fit the power cord under the base
The holding capacity is around 500 ml or 2 cups. To heat only one cup of water, you will need approximately one minute. After the water boils, the dispenser will shut off on its own, which is an excellent feature. This type of dispenser is great for heating water for tea, noodles, coffee, and more.
To open up the lid, you will need to pull up on two little built-in handles, which sometimes can be very tricky because you can cut your fingers or burn yourself on the steam. Also, the lid is attached to the dispenser, so you may have some trouble with washing or filling it up because the lid might get in the way.
What you should know is that there is no cup size adjustment nor the auto dispense function; you will need to do it manually. That means you are condemned to a flow of 250 ml per round, which is not enough to fill up a large mug. Besides, taller cups won’t fit under this little fellow.
There are bad sides to this product, but they are minor. As you might expect, this product will splash a little when pouring water into the cup, but it is not something that should worry you too much. Just like many other models, this one is noisy too, but you will forget all of this when you see the price.
- Modern coffee-maker design
- Convenient size and holding capacity for your office
- Great price
- Auto shut-off function
- The heat and dispense buttons are stiff
- Not so easy to open up the lid
- Only one cup size
3. NutriChef Electric Hot Water Dispenser – Classy And Efficient
Our third competitor comes from NutriChef. It is very convenient to use thanks to the hassle-free digital control panel. It has a lock button, start/stop button, and temperature and cup size adjustment buttons. There is one nifty feature that we really liked and that low water indicator. Also, it comes with a removable drip tray and a built-in replaceable aqua-purify filter to help you fight the annoying limescale.
The design is modern and compact. Manufacturers used black plastic and stainless steel on the trim to construct this appliance. The lid on this model is attached to the dispenser too. To fill up the tank, you need to press the button to open up the lid and fill it up cup by cup; unfortunately you can’t fill it up under the sink since the appliance is quite bulky.
The tank capacity is 2.17 liters, which is equivalent to 10 cups. This holding capacity comes very handily because this model is equipped with a heating unit of 1.8 kW, so your water will be piping hot in a matter of minutes. Talking about temperature, you will be glad to know that you can adjust the temperature to your preference from 115°F to 212°F. This is an excellent solution for heating water for your coffee, tea, or instant noodles in your office, for example.
Unfortunately, we must break your illusion of a perfect appliance with this information; you can only heat an individual serving of water at once. That means if you are making tea for a bunch of people, you are sentenced to heat each cup separately, which can be time-consuming and somewhat annoying. The great news is that you can choose between four different cup sizes: 118 ml, 236 ml, 354 ml, and 473 ml.
Did we mention the splashing? Well, at least this can be easily solved by lifting your cup a bit.
- Compact and modern design
- 3kW power
- Great price
- Built-in limescale filter
- Removable drip tray
- No manual stop button
- Only one cup size
4. VonShef Hot Water Dispenser Instant – Stylish Accessory That Fits Perfectly In Any Modern Kitchen
Number four on our list is VonShef dispenser. If you like bold colors and modern, sleek design, then you have a winner. Just one glance at this appliance will be enough for you to fall in love immediately.
We hate to start a review with bad news, but we sincerely don’t like the material of this dispenser. The whole dispenser is made from non-BPA plastic that is known as safe for food and drink consumption. But as we all know, plastic and high temperatures aren’t best friends, so, unfortunately, after some time, your tea or coffee may start to taste a bit like plastic.
The tank has a capacity of 2.5 liters and a hidden heating unit of 2.6kW that will heat the water to 95°C (203°F) in no time. This dispenser comes with a one-liter jug so you can always know how much water did you pour in. If you are concerned about dripping, you can relax since this model comes with a removable drip tray.
VonShef features a one-button operation giving you full control of the water flow. Switch button to ON when you want to start the boiling process and to OFF when you want to stop the water flow immediately.
This dispenser does not have a cup size selector. It does not shut off automatically, so you will need to stand next to it and switch off the water flow manually when it reaches the desired amount of water in the cup. This can be a bit annoying, we must admit.
Like the previous two models, this one tends to splash too. But on the bright side, it is taller so it can fit taller mugs, so if you use a larger cup and do not tend to fill it up, you do not need to worry about splashes. We were pleasantly surprised by how quiet this dispenser is when working.
- Modern design
- 2.6kW power
- One button operation
- Very quiet
- Made from plastic
- Water flow must be shut off manually
5. Buydeem S7133 Hot water Dispenser– The Gentle Giant
The fifth contestant on our list is Buydeem S7133. Now let’s see how this model cooped with competition and our review standards.
We loved the soft pink color and stylish design of this model. Holding capacity of 2.6 liters is something worth mentioning. That means 12 cups of hot water in a single refill. Isn’t that great? The heating unit has the power of 3kW, so it won’t take more than a few minutes for your water to be ready.
You will be blown away with this revolutionary feature; the auto-cleaning function all you need to do is fill up the tank with 800 ml of water and press and hold the ‘’Big cup’’ button until you hear the procedure has started. Did we mention that this is the only model with a removable tank?
It is great that you can choose how much water you want to dispense in a single go. You can choose a small cup option and dispense 100 ml of water or a big cup and dispense 200 ml of water. The thing we didn’t like is that you can heat only individual serving of water per round. We already mentioned above that this could be time-consuming if you have a larger group of guests waiting for the coffee or tea.
But this is the far more our favorite feature — temperature adjustment. You can choose on which temperature you want to boil your water depending on which hot beverage you will make. The scales go from low 40°C that is perfect for warming up water for infants formula to high 100°C (212°F) great for cooking pasta. But you will mostly use the temperatures in a range from 90°C (194°F) the best temperature for coffee, and 80°C (176°F) the recommended water temperature for most types of tea.
It can drip occasionally, but since the drip tray is included in the package, this should not be a problem. The only thing this appliance lack is a filter, so we recommend you to use pre-filtered water to avoid scaling.
- 3kW power
- Great holding capacity
- Temperature adjustment
- Dispense large amounts of water in a single go
- Power cord is short
What Are Hot Water Dispensers And Why Do You Need One?
Hot water dispensers are kitchen appliances that will deliver hot water on demand. They are energy-efficient since they are heating water only when it’s needed. Most of them feature a simple design and are ready foro use the moment you get them out of the store. All you need to do is fill the tank with some water and plug it in the socket.
If you and your family are big fans of hot beverages like tea, coffee, or hot chocolate, then you should consider purchasing a hot water dispenser and save time and energy on constantly boiling water in the kettle. Also, you can use hot water dispensers to preheat the water when cooking rice, pasta, noodles, oatmeal, and more.
There Are Two Types Of Hot Water Dispensers
- They are small and portable – ideal for traveling. The heating unit is installed at the bottom of the appliance, and they can be cordless or corded. The holding capacity of this type of dispenser is no more than 8 cups. Usually, they are made from stainless steel or glass. The glass ones are heavier, expensive but have better heat retention.
- They are way bigger and not portable. The holding capacity is around 4 liters. The main problem with coffeemaker-style dispensers is that they can only heat up one cup of water at a time. But luckily they are amazingly fast, so heating up one cup of water at a time should not be a big problem. Usually, they are not designed to fit tall cups. You will also need to maintain them more carefully because if you don’t dry them out properly, mildew can appear.
Features To Consider Before Buying A Hot Water Dispenser
We always advise you to never buy a product before considering what is the primary purpose of it in your household or working environment. Read these suggestions carefully before you select the water dispenser that is the most convenient for you.
1. The Capacity Of The Water Tank
- It is crucial to know which capacity you need. Will you be the only one using it? Or the whole family will join you? Or you’re getting it for your office – in that case, count how many people will use it alongside you.
- If you buy a too small dispenser, you will need to top it up more than you expected, but also remember that large dispensers take some time to bring the water to the boiling point. Aim for the designated size per requirements.
2. Filling Up The Tank
- We bet you all figured out by now that tanks are not detachable. So there are only two ways to fill up your tank. That’s under the tap or by using a jug. So when you are picking out the right model, make sure you buy the one that is easy to maneuver under the sink or to buy the one that comes with a larger plastic jug included, so you don’t need to fill it up cup by cup.
- Before you put your dispenser in use, we recommend you to boil some amount of water with lemon or white vinegar to remove the taste of chemical cleaners.
3. Temperature Adjustment
- This is a very important feature – if the temperature is too high, it can ruin the taste and quality of your tea and coffee. For example, Green tea does not handle well temperatures above 70°C (158°F). If we talk about coffee, then you will mostly benefit from temperature around 96°C (204.8°F).
- So when buying a dispenser with adjustable temperature, you are allowing yourself to prepare different kinds of hot beverages.
4. Variable Dispense
- This is not a mandatory feature, but it is a great one. It will allow you to change the amount of dispensed water for different sizes of cups. Most of the dispensers can only dispense the established amount of water, so before purchasing this type of appliance, make sure it will be enough to fill up your beloved cup.
5. Stop Button
- If you are buying a dispenser that does not have a cup size selector, this feature will be your best ally. This button should work immediately and stop the water flow at the same moment you pushed it so it will prevent overflowing the cup.
6. Drip Tray
- Many hot water dispensers are now equipped with a drip tray similar to ones that you can see in coffee machines. Its main purpose is to catch any spills that may occur during use. Also, it’s the place where your cup will sit when it’s being filled up, so opt to purchase the model with a removable drip tray so you can be sure all sizes of a cup can fit under the swivel.
7. Limescale Filter
- Some dispensers come with this feature, but that means they cost more. But if you ask us – that is money well spent. No one loves the taste of limescale in their hot beverage, so make sure your dispenser has this kind of filter.
The Final Results
As usual, in the next few rows, we will represent you with our three top picks in different price categories. This time decision was easy, and we could not wait to share end results with you guys. We hope you are going to like them.
Best Overall Value: NutriChef Electric Hot Water Dispenser
- This dispenser is able to give you a full tank of hot water in matters of minutes. As if that isn’t enough to win the best overall value, the manufacturers make sure you can select between four different cup sizes according to your preferences. We highly recommend this appliance for busy offices.
Best Budget Option: Sunbeam Hot Shot Hot Water Dispenser
- This device will offer you only the main features that every hot water dispenser should have. But we don’t consider that as a bad thing, especially if you look at the price. This will be money well spent if you ask us.
Premium Pick: Buydeem S7133 Hot water Dispenser
- This is our favorite category. We love premium picks. They always offer you a lot more than you need, of course, but it is in our nature to sick out for more. So everything about this dispenser is amazing. The power, the auto-cleaning feature, the capacity, temperature range, amounts of water you can dispense in a single go. There is nothing to not love about it. Also, let us share a secret with you. This is the one we picked for us.