Top 5 Best Home Deep Fryers 2021:
- Presto 05442 CoolDaddy Cool-touch Deep Fryer
- Cuisinart CDF-170 3.4-Quart Deep Fryer
- Presto 05420 FryDaddy Electric Deep Fryer
- Ovente Electric Deep Fryer
- DeLonghi D28313UXBK Roto Deep Fryer
Everyone loves fried food. It’s not exactly healthy and good for you but… it tastes amazing, we agree. It gives you a comforting feeling, which makes the fried food so popular – check out this recipe for tasty fried chicken.
The practical alternative to frying the food in the pan is the deep fryer. Deep fryers were primarily made for commercial use. Now the market offers many home deep fryers. But the question is: what is the best home deep fryer? Which fryer will serve your needs best?
If you’re looking for a deep fryer and have no idea what to buy, we’ve got your back. Read on to see our top picks for deep fryers and more!
5 Best Home Deep Fryers In 2021: Detailed Reviews
1. Presto 05442 CoolDaddy Cool-touch Deep Fryer – Best Overall
Presto’s CoolDaddy is a home deep fryer that fits perfectly into the Best Overall category. This is an elegant, perfectly designed fryer with many extra features to guarantee a great frying experience. The black exterior makes this deep fryer a perfect fit for any type of kitchen – modern or traditional.
CoolDaddy home deep fryer comes with a lid. The lid has a charcoal filter to stop any odors from coming out. One filter is included in the package, but you can easily order more online. There is a window on top to check the progress of cooking without opening the lid.
A thermostat gauge is also included with a wide range of temperatures available – from 200 to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. There is an indicator light below the handle that signals when the oil has reached the selected temperature. The oil compartment has a capacity of 6-cups of oil or fat, perfect for three servings.
This kitchen appliance is fairly easy to use – the controls are simple. It’s easy to clean as well, as the parts have a non-stick coating. However, the fryer parts aren’t dishwasher-safe.
It has many important safety measures like a cool-touch exterior to prevent any injuries. The handle is also cool-touch and it has a unique feature – it lowers the food into the oil or fat with the lid closed to prevent splatters. Another great feature is the automatic shut-off when the oil becomes too hot.
- Cool-touch surfaces
- Easy to use
- Temperature control
- Safety measures
- The parts are not dishwasher-safe
2. Cuisinart CDF-170 3.4-Quart Deep Fryer – Premium Pick
Cuisinart’s CDF-170 is the professional-grade deep fryer made for your home. This deep fryer’s sleek and luxurious design will make your kitchen shine with pride.
Cuisinart’s deep fryer is pretty large with a 3.4 Quart compartment. It cooks up to 1,7 pounds of food – which makes this home deep fryer a perfect appliance for a large family. CDF-170 perfectly fries everything – potatoes, seafood, chicken, and even donuts.
The exterior is made from stainless steel, giving it a luxury appearance, and it’s also very easy to clean. The interior has a large, heavy mesh basket.
The basket has a cool-touch handle so you do not have to worry about burning yourself while frying. The handle is also collapsible to take up less space when stored.
This home deep fryer has a digital timer included. The timer can be set for up to 60 minutes.
Another important trait about this deep fryer is the thermostat – set it anywhere between 175 and 375 degrees Fahrenheit! On the other hand, our research showed that the kitchen appliance sometimes doesn’t heat up to the desired temperature.
The CDF-170 has two LED indicator lights – ‘Power On’ and ‘Ready’. ‘Ready’ light turns on when the temperature reaches the desired level.
The safety measures we wanted to mention are the magnetic cord and the temperature control. Magnetic cord disconnects when the fryer is pushed, making tipping the fryer off the counter virtually impossible. Temperature control turns off the frying unit when it reaches an unsafe temperature.
- Digital timer
- Cool-touch handle
- Safety measures – magnetic cord and temperature control
- LED indicator lights
- Large capacity
- The temperature might not reach the desired level
3. Presto 05420 FryDaddy Electric Deep Fryer – Budget-Friendly Option
We had to include a low-cost model on our roundup, and here it is – Presto’s FryDaddy. It certainly does the job, and it does it well. This small kitchen appliance matches the quality of much bulkier models.
The size of this product is smaller than other home deep fryers mentioned in this article. Consequently, FryDaddy home fryer is easy to store and won’t haggle too much of your kitchen counter space.
However, that doesn’t mean it’s too small for two people. This model is a 4-cups size, meaning it can make about two servings of a dish (or four cups). FryDaddy will fry anything: potatoes, chicken or donuts, you name it.
This model comes with a lid too, like our other models. No nasty odors from cooking when using this home deep fryer.
FryDaddy deep fryer comes without a basket. Just place the food inside and start cooking! This model of a deep fryer is very simple to use.
Unfortunately, FryDaddy’s deep fryer comes without a thermostat. There is only one setting for temperature, and it cannot be changed.
If you’re worried about cleaning the fryer – don’t be. This deep fryer is covered in non-stick coating inside and out. This makes cleaning the fryer a breeze – but the parts aren’t dishwasher-safe.
The safety measure this appliance features is the temperature control – when it heats up to an unsafe degree, it automatically shuts off.
- Easy to use
- Compact model
- Safety measures
- Not dishwasher-safe
- No thermostat
4. Ovente Electric Deep Fryer – Perfect Gift Idea
Ovente Deep Fryer is a small but functional home deep fryer. This is the perfect gift for a friend who just started living on their own.
The Ovente deep fryer doesn’t take up much space, no matter where you place it – on the counter or in the cupboard. The exterior is made from brushed stainless steel, which will complement any kitchen. This model has a capacity of three cups – enough for one or two people.
An additional feature is a thermostat on the side of the appliance. A wide range of temperature settings, from 265 to 375 degrees Fahrenheit allows you to have more control over the frying process.
There is a LED light indicator that lights up when it starts heating up the oil or fat. The light turns off when the oil has reached the selected temperature.
Ovente home deep fryer is very easy to clean – the exterior is wiped clean with a cloth. The interior is covered in a non-stick coating but isn’t dishwasher-safe.
The safety measures of this compact fryer are astonishing. All exterior surfaces, including the handle, are cool-touch. There is a lid included, too, to avoid splatters. The power cord is magnetic on this model too, making it almost impossible to tip over.
- Compact size
- Great safety measures
- Thermostat settings
- Easy to use and clean
- Not dishwasher-safe
5. DeLonghi D28313UXBK Roto Deep Fryer – Simple Choice
DeLonghi Roto Deep Fryer is an elegant, wonderfully designed unit. The exterior is black and shiny, making it a perfect fit for all types of kitchens.
Compared to regular models), this fryer uses up to 50% less oil or fat when frying, making it healthier and cheaper to make food at home. This is all thanks to the included tilted basket. The basket has a capacity suitable for up to two servings of food.
The basket also rotates to fry all food evenly. The thermostat has a solid range of temperatures available, varying from 300 to 375° Fahrenheit.
There is a digital timer included as well. Just set the timer and the alarm will remind you to check the food. There is no way your food will burn when using the DeLonghi deep fryer!
This model is very simple to use and easy to clean. The interior is covered in non-stick coating but it’s not dishwasher-safe.
Another great thing about this fryer is the draining system. With this fryer, there is no hassle when it comes to draining out the oil.
There are good safety measures included in this model. Don’t worry about burning your fingers, all exterior surfaces and the handle are cool-touch. There is a lid for this home deep fryer to prevent splatters of oil. However, some customer reviews stated that the oil can overflow onto the counter, creating a huge mess.
- Tilted basket uses less oil for cooking
- Easy to clean, easy to use
- Good draining system
- Adequate safety measures
- Not dishwasher-safe
- Oil can overflow onto the counter
What To Look For In A Deep Fryer
A home deep fryer can prove to be a very useful kitchen appliance. There are a few different types of fryer on the market: a propane fryer, a deep fryer, and an air fryer.
- A propane fryer is a popular choice of a fryer because it can make the dish crispier than a deep fryer. The huge disadvantage is how easy this appliance can catch fire.
- A deep fryer is a kitchen appliance that uses electricity to heat up oil or fat inside and fry the food. This is also a safer choice than a propane fryer.
- An air fryer is an electric appliance that air-fries the food. It’s not really a deep fryer, as it uses very hot air to cook the food. An air fryer can make healthier alternatives to dishes because it can cook food without any oil.
For those of you who are buying your first deep fryer, this is an important section. Here we’ll talk about things you should look out for when purchasing a deep fryer for your home.
- This is the number one thing to keep in mind. The deep fryer heats up the fat or oil to very high temperatures. This can lead to horrible injuries or fires. Be careful when you’re operating the deep fryer. Oil can boil over and catch fire if it malfunctions.
- This is why deep fryers now come with safety features. Automatic shut-off is a feature that turns off the fryer when it reaches an unsafe temperature. Another important feature is the break-off magnetic power cord that disconnects from the fryer when the cord is jostled.
- While these features can be helpful, you have to be very careful, too. Read the instruction manual and operate the home deep fryer accordingly. Find a place for the deep fryer away from the burner. Hot oil splatters can result in a fire rather quickly.
2. Size And Capacity
- Before deciding on a deep fryer, think about your needs. Do you live in a large family? Do you tend to cook large meals in your fryer?
- If the answer is yes, you should search for a larger deep fryer. The fryer can have one or more fry baskets. One will serve the purpose, but two are better for variety.
- Labels like 4, 6, 12 cups are a sign of how much food can be cooked at once. A 4-cup fryer can cook two servings, a 6-cup can make three servings, and a 12-cup fryer is a size large enough to feed the whole family.
3. Power And Temperature
- Home deep fryers usually operate from 1800 to 2200 watts. Fryers that operate on power closer to 2200 watts use more power and heat up faster. This is great for time management, but not so great when it comes to your electric bill.
- Deep fryers usually have temperature control. When you’re able to adjust the temperature, the food is less likely to burn or remain uncooked – just decrease or increase the heat based on the food you’re cooking.
- Remember, the best frying results are achieved at 375ºF..
4. Ease Of Use
- Ease of use is something we can’t stress enough. A kitchen appliance that is easy to operate is a kitchen appliance worth having. If it’s too complicated to turn on and use, it will spend more time gathering dust on your counter than it will be used for frying foods.
- Another important thing is the ease of cleaning and maintenance. Cleaning a deep fryer can be time-consuming and annoying. If the entire deep fryer can be disassembled, it will be easier to clean.
- Look for a home deep fryer that has a non-stick coating to make the clean-up easier. Also, check for a dishwasher-safe label. If you can place the compartments in the dishwasher, cleaning the deep fryer is a breeze.
5. Oil Draining
- This is a part of the ‘ease of use section’. As we know, deep fryers use a lot of oil to fry the dishes, making them taste delicious in the process. A fat or oil can be used up to 5 times usually before it needs to be replaced. There are some home deep fryers on the market that even have an “oil change” light that indicates it’s time to drain the oil from the deep fryer.
- What is not so fun is removing the oil from the oil compartment. It can be a hassle and it can result in a huge mess.
- This was the reason manufacturers came up with solutions that make this job easier. There are very practical drainage systems on the market, you just need to keep an eye for them!
Best Home Deep Fryer – Conclusion
Now that we’ve reviewed the five best deep fryers, it’s time to pronounce the best of the best. Believe us, this was no easy task because the market offers so many great home deep fryers. So, without any further ado, here are our best choices:
Best Overall: Presto 05442 CoolDaddy Cool-touch Deep Fryer
- Presto’s CoolDaddy is the home deep fryer to have. With amazing extra features and safety measures, this deep fryer deserves the best overall spot!
Premium Pick: Cuisinart CDF-170 3.4-Quart Deep Fryer
- Cuisinart’s CDF-170 is the premium, high-end choice for a home deep fryer. It’s a professional-grade kitchen appliance designed for your home.
Budget-Friendly Choice: Presto 05420 FryDaddy Electric Deep Fryer
- Presto’s FryDaddy is the affordable model of a home deep fryer. This fryer serves the purpose of cooking food and it doesn’t take up a lot of space. All in all, a great kitchen appliance!