Top 5 Best Glass Electric Kettles 2021:
- OXO BREW Adjustable Temperature Kettle
- Breville Kettlew Pure
- Chinya Glass Tea Kettle
- Chef’s Choice 680 Electric Kettle
- Culinary Obsession Electric Kettle
You might think an electric kettle is an entirely superfluous appliance. Why would you need a device that heats up water? You already have a microwave and a good old stovetop. And if you want a cup of coffee, there’s always your trusty coffee machine.
Most people have these thoughts when they encounter an electric kettle. However, these kitchen appliances are more useful than you think. Besides coffee and tee, you can use an electric glass kettle to speed up your cooking.
You heard us, right! You can speed up your cooking with one of these bad boys! If you have one of those old electric stoves that take forever to warm up, an electric kettle is a godsend. Just boil the water, dunk it into the pot, and then put it on the stove. You’ve only saved 20 minutes of waiting for the water to boil!
Unfortunately, the market is flooded with these products, and it’s incredibly easy to get lost in a sea of samey electric glass kettles. This is why we decided to compile this article. We’ve scoured the market to find the five best electric glass kettles you can find on the current market. And if you’re still hungry for more, we’ve also compiled a useful buyers guide that’ll help you find the best kettle for your needs.
5 Best Electric Glass Kettles In 2021: Detailed Reviews
After a dozen hours of research, here are our top five picks for the best electric glass kettle. We made sure to include both high-end and low-end models.
1. OXO BREW Adjustable Temperature Kettle – Editor’s Choice
Having a kettle that just brings the water to a boil is kind of boring. The best electric glass kettle on the market should come with some extra features. This is why the first place in our list goes to OXO Brew Adjustable Temperature Kettle.
As you’ve already gathered from the name of this product, the main feature of Oxo Brew is that it features a thermostat that allows you to adjust the temperature. You can set this electric glass kettle to heat up the water anywhere between 170 and 212 degrees. What’s more, after it has heated up the water, it will keep it hot for up to half an hour.
Besides this excellent feature, OXO Brew also has a quite appealing design and a decent 1.75-liter capacity. We find the mix of glass, metal, and black plastic endlessly endearing. The base is built out of BPA-free plastic and features a minimalistic backlit screen that shows the temperature setting.
The spout is quite large, so you’ll be happy to know that you won’t have any issues pouring tea and coffee out of this kettle. On top of that, it comes with a removable stainless steel filter that strains the water as you pour it. A must-have accessory if you like making large quantities of tee in one go.
- Superb design
- 1.75-liter capacity
- Allows you to control the temperature
- Absolutely none
2. Breville Kettlew Pure – Runner Up
Ther runner up is another excellent electric glass kettle. Breville Kettle Pure is built out of high-quality material and oozes class. The only reason why it didn’t take up the first place in this list is that it can burn a hole in your pocket. So, let’s see what you get for a premium price.
This electric glass kettle is class personified. The entire jug is built out of German Shott glass. This glass is built to last and is impervious to thermal shocks, which is quite essential because it’ll heat up 1.7 liters of water in under a minute.
The handle and lid are built out of BPA-free plastic and are just as high-quality as the rest of the kettle. We especially love how the lid slowly opens when you press the release button on the handle. It’s almost mesmerizing, watching it slowly open.
Besides the looks, Breville Kettle Pure comes with quite a few additional features. For starters, you can choose between five temperature modes. Why five temperature modes? Well, not all tea brews the same. Some blends require lower temperatures and some higher.
Besides temperature control, there is also a “keep warm” button that will keep your water at the desired temperature for 20 minutes.
- Features five temperature settings
- Easy to use
- Excellent aesthetic
- Cordless design
3. Chinya Glass Tea Kettle – Best Budget Electric Glass Kettle
You don’t have to blow half your weekly pay to make a kitchen statement in the form of an electric glass kettle. While having extra features is nice, that’s just extra topping you don’t actually need. This is why the third place in our list goes to one of the best affordable kettles on the market. Enter, Chinya Glass Tea Kettle!
Even though this electric kettle cost less than half our top pick costs, it’s quite sturdy and eye catching. The jug is built out of high-quality borosilicate glass and food-grade stainless steel. This combination of materials gives it a clean, modern look that’ll enrich your kitchen.
This beautiful aesthetic is further enhanced with blue LED indicators. The second you turn on this electric glass kettle, it’ll color the water with blue light, giving you quite a light show as you wait for the water to boil.
Just because this device is affordable, that doesn’t mean it’s unsafe or small. It can boil up to 1.8 liters of water in less than a minute and also comes with an auto-shutoff system. Unfortunately, there are no additional features, but that’s to be expected for this price range.
- Very affordable
- Features an LED indicator
- Easy to use
- Excellent aesthetics
- Doesn’t come with additional features
4. Chef’s Choice 680 Electric Kettle – Best Mid-Range Electric Glass Kettle
Chef’s choice is a well-respected manufacturer of high-quality kitchenware. The 680 cordless electric glass kettle is no exception. Even though it doesn’t come with any fancy additional features, it’s beautifully designed and is quite durable.
Chef’s Choice 680’s jug is built out of high-quality German Shott glass. This glass handles temperature shock like it’s nothing and doesn’t crack that easily. In fact, you can drop this kettle from a height of three feet, and it won’t break. Of course, we don’t recommend you test that theory out.
The res to the jug and the base are built out of high-quality brushed stainless steel and BPA-free plastic. We especially love the ergonomic design of the handle. It won’t slip even if you grab it with a wet or greasy hand.
But that’s not all. This 1.5-liter electric glass kettle also features an automatic shutoff function and a hidden heating element. Since the coil is not directly exposed to water, limescale won’t build up so fast, and it also makes cleaning this kettle easy as pie.
The only thing we didn’t like about this kettle is the on/off switch. The switch features an indicator LED that isn’t that bright.
- Features German Shott glass
- Easy to use and clean
- Hidden heating element
- The LED indicator isn’t that bright
5. Culinary Obsession Electric Kettle – Best Bang For The Buck
If you’re for a product that offers pure value, then you might be interested in our fifth pick. Culinary Obsession Electric Glass Kettle won’t just give your kitchen more pizazz. It’s also reasonably priced and incredibly easy to maintain. Let’s take a closer look at this product!
Culinary Obsession electric glass kettle is designed with utility in mind. That doesn’t mean it looks ugly, far from that. Thanks to a combination of brushed stainless steel and high-grade glass, this electric kettle looks lie a professional piece of equipment.
What we meant by utility is how easy it is to clean and maintain. Thanks to a lid that opens all the way and a hidden heating element, you won’t have any issues sticking your entire hand into this kettle so you can properly clean it. We only wish it didn’t have an inbuilt spout grate, but nothing is perfect.
When it comes to capacity, you won’t have any trouble brewing tea or coffee for up to eight people since this electric glass kettle has a capacity of 1.8 liters. And once you start brewing, thanks to an LED strip, you’ll be hypnotized by the beautiful color play.
- Excellent value for the money
- Incredibly easy to clean
- Built out of high-quality glass and stainless steel
- Excellent LED indicator
- In-built spout grate is hard to clean
What Is An Electric Glass Kettle And Why You Should Buy One?
Electric kettles are one of the most straightforward kitchen appliances you can buy. Open the lid and take a look inside, at the bottom, you’ll find a thick metal coil called the heating element. When you plug the kettle in, the electricity heats up the coil, and you get boiling water in minutes!
Electric kettles come in many shapes and sizes. You can find everything from a $10 kettle that has just enough capacity for a single cup of water, to a $100+ model that’s built out of metal and glass and comes with a ton of features.
Out of all these, electric glass kettles are most visually appealing. There is something almost hypnotizing about watching the water bubble and then finally boil. Manufacturers are well aware of this and are adding LED lights to their latest electric glass kettle models.
However, splurging out money just to make a statement on your kitchen is quite a sound idea. So, is there more to these kitchen appliances? It can’t be all about the aesthetics.
You’ll be glad to hear that these appliances aren’t just about the looks. For starters, the borosilicate glass used in manufacturing these kettles has excellent thermal properties. What’s more, this glass is usually combined with stainless steel and BPA-free plastic to make a sturdy, long lasting design.
Another cool thing about glass is that it’s easy to clean. When using an electric kettle, it’s only a matter of time before limescale starts building up. Plastic electric kettles are notoriously tricky to clean because limescale sticks to it like crazy.
But, with an electric glass kettle, you won’t have any trouble removing limescale buildup. Just pour in some vinegar and water, and let the chemical reaction do its magic. After an hour, your kettle will be as clean as the day you bought it.
The main reason why you should buy an electric glass kettle is convenience. This is even further enhanced if you go for a cordless model. You won’t have to slouch over the stove, waiting for the water to boil. One press of a button and a 30-second wait, and you’ll have all the hot water you need for your tea and coffee.
6 Factors You Should Consider When Purchasing An Electric Glass Kettle
Now that you know why you should buy one, it’s time to learn the top six factors you should consider when purchasing the best electric glass kettle for your needs.
- As we mentioned before, the main appeal of electric glass kettles is their visual appeal. These kitchen appliances can really give a nice dose of class to your kitchen. This is why you should be the ultimate judge when it comes to aesthetics.
- You can go wild and buy an electric glass kettle with LED lighting and enjoy a beautiful light show each time you fire it up. On the other hand, if you’re minimalistically inclined, you can go for a model that’s all glass and stainless steel, like a New York skyscraper.
- Another essential factor you should consider when purchasing an electric kettle is the durability of the product. You don’t want to buy a model that’ll end up in a garbage pile after a couple of months. This is why you should go for a kettle that’s built out of durable glass and materials that don’t chip or warp easily. We recommend you check out the reviews and see what other people have to say about the durability of a particular electric glass kettle.
3. Additional Features
- Although an electric kettle’s function is to boil water, there is no reason why it should come with extra features. These features can range from a simple tone that notifies you when the water is hot, to a thermostat that allows you to control the temperature.
- Other additional features include a timer, automatic shut off, and, of course, a battery.
- We recommend you at least go for an electric glass kettle that comes with an automatic shutoff feature because that ensures there won’t be any accidents. Other features are quite useful, but not as useful as an automatic shutoff feature.
- When it comes to the capacity of a particular electric glass kettle, this is totally up to you. Most people prefer buying smaller models because they believe they boil water faster. However, no matter how big a kettle is, it won’t take more than a minute to bring the water to a boil.
- If you’re living alone or have a small family, you should go for a smaller model. Otherwise, you can go for a bigger model, just keep in mind that they usually cost more.
- The handle is an integral part of any electric kettle. This is why you should go for a model that features a non-slip handle. This way, you’re ensuring there won’t be any accidental spills and drops.
- Generally, you should buy an electric glass kettle that comes with a handle that remains cool even when the rest of the device is scolding hot. We recommend you stray away from models that feature a metal handle since it heats up along with the kettle, and you can burn your hand.
6. Spout Size
- The larger the spout, the better. Large spouts ensure there won’t be any difficulties while pouring tea or coffee from the kettle. We also recommend you go for a model that features an automatic spout cover, so you don’t have to hold it open or remove the flap each time you want to pour some tea.
Before you head out and buy your very first electric glass kettle, let’s tally up the results.
If you’re looking for the best electric glass kettle on the market, we recommend you pick up OXO BREW Adjustable Temperature Kettle. Not only is it incredibly eye-catching, but it also offers you the ability to control the temperature.
Our runner up is the Breville Kettle Pure. This electric glass kettle is almost entirely made out of glass, comes with five temperature modes, and will keep the water at the chosen temperature for up to 30 minutes. Unfortunately, it’s quite pricey.
For those that don’t have an unlimited budget, we recommend picking up Chinya Glass Tea Kettle. This electric glass kettle doesn’t come with any fancy features but is still quite eye catching and easy to clean.