Top 5 Best Cherry Pitters 2021:
- Leifheit 37200 Cherry Pitter with Stone Catcher Container
- Westmark Germany Cherry Stoner
- YouTensils Cherry Pitter Stoner
- Squeeze2Pit Cherry Pitter Olive and Cherry Pitting Tool
- OXO 1255180 Good Grips Cherry and Olive Pitter
Do you love cherries?
Not only that they are a healthy snack, but you can also use them to make so many amazing desserts. From mouth-watering cherry pies and cakes to delicious jams and cobblers, the possibilities are endless.
The only problem is, for these delicious desserts you need a lot of cherries, and the first step is always to remove the seeds. This can be a tiring and complicated process that takes a lot of time. This is where a cherry pitter comes in!
A cherry pitter is a handy kitchen tool that will save you a lot of time. You can choose from so many models available on the market right now, from large countertop ones that can pit up to 35 pounds of cherries in an hour, to small handheld ones that offer extreme precision.
If you’re not sure how to choose the best cherry pitter, we’ve made this list to help you!
So, if you’re interested in finding out about the best cherry pitters available, keep on reading!
5 Best Cherry Pitters In 2021: Detailed Reviews
1. Leifheit 37200 Cherry Pitter with Stone Catcher Container – Best Overall
One of the best and most efficient cherry pitters is this one by Leifheit. It is a countertop pitter that offers incredible speed and mess-free performance!
It is very easy to use it too. All you need to do is press the plunger for the cherry to come out without the seed. The seed goes into a container at the bottom which means there is no mess and no juices on your countertop afterward.
Thanks to its size and clever design that allows you to put a large number of cherries into the top compartment, you can process up to 25 pounds of cherries in an hour! This is amazing if you need a lot of cherries very quickly and it also allows you to have a continuous workflow.
Leifheit cherry pitter has a stylish design that will fit into any modern kitchen. The top parts are white and the container is transparent. The overall appearance is very simple.
Another great thing is that the part that removes the seed is made of stainless steel which is resistant to corrosion, and it’s extremely durable, so you can be sure you have a kitchen tool that you will use for a long time.
On top of all this, Leifheit cherry pitter is dishwasher safe. Once you’re done using it, simply take it apart and put it in a dishwasher without worrying it will get damaged!
- Works quickly and efficiently
- Stainless steel parts
- Seed container prevents mess
- Not the best if you don’t need a lot of cherries
2. YouTensils Cherry Pitter Stoner – A Budget-Friendly Option
If you’re looking for an affordable cherry pitter that’s easy to use, you will not go wrong with this one by YouTensils (yeah, we noticed the name, too).
This cherry pitter doesn’t have any complicated components so it’s very simple to use. It sits in your hand comfortably and you can use it with ease.
The handles have an ergonomic design that makes it easy to use it with only one hand. All you have to do is place a cherry in the holder, gently press down on the handles just like you would press a stapler, and the seed will come out very easily.
The part that extracts seeds is made of high-quality stainless steel that’s resistant to corrosion. This makes it a durable device that will last you for the time to come. The handles are made of plastic, but it’s a high-grade plastic, so if you take good care of it, it should last a long time!
This cherry pitter is ideal for all kinds of cherries. You can use it for Bing and Rainier cherries as well as smaller cherries. It will remove the seed from any cherry without bruising and wasting fruit.
It is a heavy-duty cherry pitter that offers high-performance and it’s also very easy to clean since it’s dishwasher safe. It will not stain or discolor from the dishwasher or cherry juices.
- Simple, easy-to-use design
- High-grade plastic and metal combo make it a heavy-duty pitter
- Perfect for all kinds of cherries
- Your hand may start to hurt after prolonged use
3. Westmark Germany Cherry Stoner – Premium German Quality
Westmark is a trustworthy brand with a long tradition of producing kitchen tools of exceptional quality and this cherry pitter is no exception.
This countertop cherry pitter was cleverly designed to prevent any mess or splattering of juices on your kitchen counter so there is no need to clean your counter after using it.
This is because the seeds go directly into the container on the bottom. When you press down the plunger on the top part, the seed will slide down into the container with ease. Both the top and bottom parts are rather large. If you need a large number of cherries, you will not be disappointed by this device because it can pit up to 33 pounds in an hour!
Materials used to make this cherry pitter are high-quality and durable. The top part that extracts seeds is made of stainless steel. This makes it rust-resistant and you know it will last you a long time. The bottom container is made of sturdy plastic.
This cherry pitter also features rubber feet for stability. Once you put it down, you can be sure it will not move until you move it.
It is also very easy to clean it too. However, the manufacturer doesn’t recommend putting it in a dishwasher so always make sure to wash it manually to avoid any damages caused by a dishwasher.
- High-quality, German product
- Made of durable stainless steel
- Seed container prevents mess
- Can pit up to 33 pounds of cherries in an hour
- A bit pricey
4. Squeeze2Pit Cherry Pitter Olive and Cherry Pitting Tool – A Multipurpose Tool
If you need a cherry pitter that can also be used for other things like olives, then this one is the best choice for you!
It is a versatile, handheld pitter made of high-quality materials. It’s also very efficient and offers high-performance. You can use it to pit any size and type of cherries including wild and sour cherries. You can also use it for olives!
Squeeze2Pit cherry pitter is very simple to use. The pits come out easily and cleanly leaving the cherry intact. No delicious juice will be lost and you’ll have perfect cherries to make cherry pies, cakes, jam and more.
Thanks to the soft squeezing mechanism, you can be sure there will be no mess on your kitchen counter! The soft squeezing mechanism reduces the splashing of juices leaving you with a clean, mess-free counter.
This handheld pitter was designed to work quickly and efficiently. The ergonomic arms are specially designed to prevent any pain in your hands even after using it for a long time at once. The entire pitter is made of premium stainless steel, a durable and rust-resistant material.
Overall, this Squeeze2Pit handheld pitter is a multipurpose, efficient tool that has a compact size so you can store it anywhere, it’s dishwasher-safe, easy to maintain, and it comes at an affordable price!
- Offers amazing versatility
- Smart, ergonomic design
- Soft squeezing mechanism prevents mess
- Made of high-quality durable stainless steel
- Not the best choice if you need a large number of cherries
5. OXO 1255180 Good Grips Cherry and Olive Pitter – Smart Design
OXO is a company known for making innovative, high-quality products and this cherry pitter is one of them.
It is a handheld cherry pitter so it’s perfect if you need a compact pitter that’s very easy to use, and you don’t even need to use both hands because this pitter can be operated using only one hand!
All you have to do to use it is place the cherry in the position, press the pitter using your palm and the seedless cherry will smoothly fall down. The sturdy construction made of die-cast zinc will make sure that the seed is removed with ease.
This cherry pitter was cleverly designed to have a splatter shield that protects work area from splashing cherry juices. It reduces the mess to a minimum and it is removable for easier cleaning.
The generous holder for the cherries can accommodate large cherries such as Bing and Rainier but it can also be recessed to fit smaller cherries and even olives.
The handle is made of OXO’s signature material which is soft and comfortable. It’s also non-slip and absorbs pressure which gives you a good grip and makes sure your hand doesn’t hurt even after using it for a long time.
It’s also very easy to clean. You can simply wash it by hand just make sure to always soak it right after use!
- Easy to use with one hand
- Splatter shield prevents mess
- Perfect for big and small cherries and olives
- Very slow if you need a lot of cherries
Things To Consider Before You Buy A Cherry Pitter
Cherry pitters are inexpensive kitchen tools, and so many people think that it’s not necessary to put a lot of thought into choosing the best one. But, we think it’s important to consider some things before you decide which one to buy, so you can be sure you chose the one that will get the job done!
So, before you decide, think about things like which type of cherry pitter would suit you the best, what material it’s made of, how versatile it is and so on.
- There are two types of cherry pitters, a handheld cherry pitter and a countertop cherry pitter. As the name says, handheld pitters require the use of one or both hands while countertop pitters have rubber feet or a similar mechanism that keeps them stable and steady on your kitchen counter.
- Although countertop pitters work faster and can work on more cherries at a time, they are usually less precise compared to handheld pitters. So, if precision is something important to you, you should opt for a handheld one. On the other hand, if you need a lot of cherries for delicious cherry desserts, then a countertop pitter is a better choice since it will save you a lot of time.
- A wide range of materials is used to make cherry pitters. You can find pitters made of plastic, stainless steel, zinc alloy… So, it all depends on what you’re expecting to get out of a cherry pitter.
- If you want an affordable one, plastic cherry pitters are the cheapest. They are also lightweight and easy to clean since they’re dishwasher-friendly. However, keep in mind that they are also less durable than other ones made of metal.
- Cherry pitters made of metal will earn your trust from day one since they are more sturdy and they offer high-performance and durability. They are more expensive compared to the plastic ones, but you’ll use them for a long time.
- There are some cherry pitters that you can use for more than cherries. For example, you can find one that’s designed for olives as well.
- There are also some pitters that are designed to handle a certain type of cherry. Some can be used on larger and smaller cherries with high accuracy and they will work on other small fruit as well.
- So, think about your needs and whether you’ll be using a cherry pitter only for cherries!
4. Cleaning And Maintenance
- It is also important to consider cleanliness. Cherries can easily make a mess and cherry juice will stain anything it touches.
- To prevent mess, some pitters are designed to have a splatter shield. Others have containers for collecting juice and pits. These are great and very helpful features if you want to avoid messy countertops.
- When it comes to washing them, most cherry pitters are dishwasher safe so you can simply put them in a dishwasher after use. If not, it’s also very simple to wash them manually since they are small tools, just make sure to always rinse them right after use so the debris doesn’t dry.
Final Thoughts And Recommendations
Cherry pitters are efficient tools that can save you time if you need a lot of cherries. There are so many pitters you can choose from, so we’ve decided to help you and make this list for you!
After careful selection and consideration, we’re confident to say these are our top recommendations.
- If you need a cherry pitter that works quickly and efficiently, Leifheit cherry pitter will not disappoint you. It can pit up to 25 pounds in an hour and it comes with a container that collects seeds and reduces mess. And, it has a reasonable price!
Premium Choice: Westmark Germany Cherry Stoner
- Westmark cherry pitter is one of the best pitters on the market. It can pit 35 pounds of cherries in an hour, it is made of premium materials and it is extremely durable. If you’re not on a budget, invest your money in this premium German-quality cherry pitter!
Best budget-Friendly: YouTensils Cherry Pitter Stoner
- If you don’t feel like spending a lot of money on a cherry pitter and you want a simple one that’s easy to use, YouTensils cherry pitter is the best choice for you. Not only is it budget-friendly, but it is also very efficient, and it will get the job done!