Top 5 Best Chafing Dishes 2021:
- Oster Buffet Server Warming Tray
- Cuisinart 7BSR-28 Stainless Round Buffet Servers
- Mophorn 1 Packs Stainless Steel Roll Top Chafing Dishes
- Tiger Chef 8 Quart Full Size Stainless Steel Chafer
- Artisan Stainless Steel Round Buffet Chafer
If you’ve ever wondered how the food stays fresh and warm for hours at a time at restaurants or hotel buffets, the answer is simple – a chafing dish!
A chafing dish is a very useful kitchen device, and it’s a must-have for any restaurant or catering business. But anyone can own a chafing dish, and so can you. No reason not to! Especially if you like to throw parties or you enjoy dinners with your big family.
The name of the chafing dish comes from the French word chauffeur which originally means “the one that heats”. As the name origin says, chafing dishes are not used to cook food, but to keep it warm at extended periods of time. They are portable devices that are handy and efficient in helping you serve food in an elegant way.
If you’re interested in getting one for yourself, or for your business, stay with us until the end as we tell you about the best chafing dishes on the market! So, without further ado, let’s dive in!
5 Best Chafing Dishes In 2021: Detailed Reviews
1. Oster Buffet Server Warming Tray – Best Choice
With Oster, quality is never an issue and the same goes for this Buffet Server Tray that was created to be the ultimate chafing dish. It’s a highly functional chafer that features three compartments that can heat three different types of food, allowing you to separate meat from vegetarian food.
The three 2.5 quart trays keep every dish at an ideal temperature and each pan measures 5.11 x 8.58 x 2.44 inches making it a perfectly sized dish for parties and holidays! The housing of the dish is made of stainless steel, which is resistant to rust, safe to use with food and very durable. You can use the trays that come included, but the base can also be used as a standalone warming surface!
Each tray comes with a domed, transparent lid with a handle. The seethrough lids are very useful because you can always monitor your food without having to constantly take the lid off! Another great safety features are the handles on the sides that stay cool and give you a firm grip!
You can also control the temperature at which you want your meals to be heated with a simple knob that allows you to adjust the level of heat from low to high. If you leave it on low, you’ll have warm and delicious food for many hours. And don’t worry about cleaning – it’s dishwasher safe!
- Three large compartments
- Doubles as a warming tray
- Sturdy stainless steel construction
- Stay-cool handles
- There’s no an on/off knob
2. Cuisinart 7BSR-28 Stainless Round Buffet Servers – Best Affordable Option
Cuisinart Buffet Server is an elegant dish that will fit nicely with the rest of your dishware. It’s an 11 inches round-shaped chafer with many useful features that will suit all your needs. And, it’s one of the most affordable chafing dishes out there!
Cuisinart has a long tradition of making high-quality kitchen devices, and this one will not disappoint you. The interior and the exterior of this chafer are made of premium stainless steel that doesn’t contain any chemicals, it’s BPA free and completely safe to use with food. Plus, stainless steel is highly resistant to rust and corrosion, so you know you’ll be able to use this dish for a long time.
The bottom of the dish is encapsulated with aluminum which is known to be very efficient in even heat distribution. Thanks to this combination of stainless steel and aluminum, Cuisinart chafer doesn’t only look elegant, but it also gives the best cooking results!
The lid is made of glass and it’s completely transparent, which is great because it gives you a clear look of the food inside without having to put it on and take it off all the time. The chafer also features stainless steel handles for easier carrying, just make sure to wear gloves, because they can get hot.
Not only is this dish lightweight and portable, but it’s also very easy to clean. All parts, including the glass lid, are dishwasher safe!
- Stainless steel construction
- Aluminum base for even heat distribution
- Dishwasher safe
- The handles can get hot
3. Mophorn 1 Packs Stainless Steel Roll Top Chafing Dishes – Our Premium Pick
If you’re not on a budget and you want only the best chafing dish money can buy, we highly recommend you to go with Mophorn chafing dish! This is a chafer made of premium materials with attractive design, it’s extremely functional and it offers the best performance!
Although it’s one of the high-end brands, meaning it’s a bit pricey, you should consider the money as an investment, because this dish is guaranteed to last you for many years to come. It’s made of high-quality stainless steel which has great heat resistance, it’s not prone to rust or stains, it’s BPA free and 100% safe to use with food.
Mophorn chafing dish has one of the most attractive designs. It features a highly polished, mirror finish that gives it a simple yet elegant look. The design is not only beautiful, but also very functional. With 8 quart capacity, it’s one of the largest chafers available. It also has a roll-top with the ability to lock at 90° and at 180° opening angle, and a large T-handle that gives you safe and easy access to the food inside.
The way this chafer keeps the food warm is with the help of the two fuel burners beneath the bottom tray. The burners provide even heat distribution and they can keep the food warm for extended periods of time.
- Premium stainless steel construction
- Very attractive design
- Two fuel burners keep the food warm for hours
- Large capacity
- It’s too expensive compared to others
4. Tiger Chef 8 Quart Full Size Stainless Steel Chafer – Complete Chafer Set
Another amazing choice in a medium price range is this Tiger Chef Stainless Steel Chafer. With a capacity of 8 quarts, this is one of the largest chafing dishes available. It’s ideal for professional use but you can also use it at home for parties and other events if you want to have full catering experience.
Tiger Chef Chafer is a complete set in which you get a full-size pan, a water pan, a foldable frame, a lid with a handle that stays cool at all times, two fuel holders with their lids, six fuel gels, and three stainless steel spoons for serving. This is all you could possibly need to serve your food elegantly and keep it warm for many hours! Everything is made of durable, BPA free stainless steel with a stylish mirror satin finish.
The 8-quart full-size pan is very versatile because it can serve one whole item but it can also fit two half-sized pans or three one-third sized pans, and it also works well with disposable aluminum pans.
A unique feature of this dish is its foldable frame. Thanks to its collapsible legs, it saves storage space and it’s very easy to set up when you want to use it. The frame features two built-in hooks to hold the cover open while serving. This entire chafer set is a great way to display your food elegantly while keeping it warm the entire time!
- Large capacity
- Complete chafer set
- Stay-cool handles
- Foldable frame saves space
- It has some unfinished sharp edges
5. Artisan Stainless Steel Round Buffet Chafer – Super Stylish Choice
With Artisan Stainless Steel Round Buffet Server, you can now serve any meal with style! The design, versatility, and efficiency make this chafer one of the best choices. With 4 quarts, it’s a medium-sized chafing dish ideal for all formal and informal events.
Included in this set, you get a food pan, a water pan, a welded rack, a transparent lid, and fuel holders. This round-shaped chafing dish is made entirely out of stainless steel. The stainless steel provides even heat distribution, it’s resistant to corrosion and rust, and it’s very durable. The two handles are also made of stainless steel, and the lid is made of transparent glass with a stainless steel knob. Be careful when you touch the knob and the handles because they tend to get hot. The welded rack is very useful because it holds the lid when it’s opened.
Artisan Buffet Server is very effective when it comes to keeping the food warm. It has a fuel holder that accommodates the source which heats the pan, and the water in the lower pan evenly distributes the heat to the food in the upper pan. The food will remain warm and fresh thanks to the steam release vent on the lid that prevents condensation in the food tray.
- Suitable for formal and informal use
- Stainless steel construction
- The lid prevents condensation in the pan
- Welded rack is a useful feature
- It’s affordable
- Not ideal if you want large size
- The lid doesn’t always fit perfectly
Things To Consider Before You Buy A Chafing Dish
Chafing dishes can be expensive, so it’s important to know a few things before you spend your money. You have to think about your needs and the reason you’re buying a chafing dish, so you can make a smart and informed decision.
So, let’s see what are crucial factors to consider before you buy a chafing dish!
1. Shape And Size
- Chafing dishes come in a variety of shapes and sizes, and you should choose one based on your needs.
- When we say size, we mean capacity. So, if you need a chafer with a smaller capacity, a 2-3 quarts pan should be enough for you. Medium-sized chafers have 4-6 quarts capacity, and they are great for home parties, buffets, and similar events. If you need a really big chafer that can fit the food for a lot of people, you should go with 7-8 quarts capacity.
- Chafing dishes come in two shapes, round and square. Round-shaped chafers are usually medium-sized, and most of them have a very attractive design. Square chafers are a better choice if you want to separate your food because they can fit smaller pans to help you divide the food.
- When it comes to chafing dishes, the number-one material is stainless steel. The stainless steel used for chafers has to be BPA free and 100% safe to use with food. It’s a very durable material, resistant to rust, corrosion, and staining. It ensures that the dish remains of the same quality for ages.
- There are some chafers made with aluminum parts, for example, a base with aluminum encapsulation. This combines very well with stainless steel because aluminum is the ultimate heat distributor.
3. Heat Source
- Chafing dishes come in two versions, electric models and flame source models. If you need a chafing dish for commercial use, we recommend you to go with a flame type. It’s more convenient and the electric cables can get in the way, especially if you don’t have an electric socket nearby, and you need to use an extension cable.
- On the other hand, if you need a chafing dish for home use only, it may be better to get an electric model. It’s much easier to use because it only requires a turn of the knob. Plus, it’s a lot safer compared to flame models if you have little kids around.
- In this list, we’ve included the best of both versions, so you can find the one that’s best for you!
4. Extra Features
- There are some additional features that can be very useful but not necessarily a deal-breaker. For example, stay-cool handles and knobs. This is an excellent safety feature because you don’t have to worry about getting hurt on the hot handles and knobs. However, if you don’t mind wearing gloves, this disadvantage can be easily overlooked if the dish is of high-quality with other amazing functionalities.
- Some chafing dishes have foldable parts, so it’s more convenient to store them and transport them. This is particularly helpful with large, heavy-duty chafers. So, if you need a big chafer that you’re going to carry around a lot, make sure to check whether it has foldable parts.
- Another thing that can be overlooked is whether the chafer is dishwasher safe. If this is extremely important to you, be sure to check if the one you want to buy can be safely put in a dishwasher. Some chafers with a smaller capacity are suitable for dishwashers, or at least their parts are. Most large chafing dishes are usually too big for a dishwasher, but it’s very easy to clean them with warm water and dish soap.
Final Thoughts And Recommendations
In our list of the best chafing dishes, we’ve included only the best options available on the market. Now it’s your turn to choose the one that suits you best, but before you do that, let us tell you about our top recommendations!
Best Choice: Oster Buffet Server Warming Tray
- Oster Buffet Server is undoubtedly the winner of this round. It’s an electric chafing dish made of high-quality stainless steel with three large trays that allow you to separate your food, and it also doubles as one large warming tray. All in all, it’s an amazing, durable device that comes at a reasonable price!
Best Budget Pick: Cuisinart 7BSR-28 Stainless Round Buffet Servers
- One of the best budget-friendly chafing dishes is this one by Cuisinart. Stainless steel exterior gives it an elegant look and stainless steel interior gives the best cooking results. The bottom is reinforced with aluminum for ultimate heat distribution. All this and more makes
- Cuisinart Buffet Server the best chafer in this price range!
Our Premium Choice: Mophorn 1 Packs Stainless Steel Roll Top Chafing Dishes
- If you can spend a bit more money on a chafing dish, we recommend you to go with Mophorn Roll Top Chafer. The premium stainless steel construction, the amazing functionalities, and the attractive, mirror finish make this chafing dish a true premium choice!