Top 5 Best Butane Torches 2021:
- LEXIVON Butane Torch Multi-Function Kit
- EurKitchen Butane Culinary Kitchen Torch
- Kollea Butane Kitchen Torch Refillable Cooking Torch
- Big Butane Torch, Zoocura Refillable Industrial Butane Torch
- Sondiko Butane Torch, Culinary Torch Refillable Kitchen Butane Torch
What connects jewelry, frozen pipes, and crème brûlée?
Virtually nothing, but there is a compact and useful tool that does – the butane torch.
This versatile tool has a wide variety of uses, including:
- Making jewelry
- Thawing frozen pipes
- Lightning something, etc.
No matter whether you need the best butane torch for your kitchen or to complete your tool kit, you’ll be faced with a seemingly never-ending list of products.
Just like with anything, the market is full of butane torches vying at your attention.
We’re there to guide you in the process of buying one and simplify it as much as we can with our list of five best butane torches that money can buy.
5 Best Butane Torches In 2021: Detailed Reviews
1. EurKitchen Butane Culinary Kitchen Torch – The Best For Kitchen
The EurKitchen butane torch maximizes what you can do in the kitchen, offering potential to make a delicious crème brûlée, sear seafood or meat, roast your marshmallows, charr vegetables, etc.
Now, let’s go over the features that earned this butane torch the title “the best culinary” one.
Somehow, EurKitchen made this butane torch even better than the previous models. They managed to squeeze an enormous amount of power into this compact and sleek torch.
Namely, it creates a consistent flame up to 6 inches long that generates a temperature of 2370°F (1300°C) with a handy gas flow regulator dial so that you can easily adjust the intensity of the flame.
You can refill it with any kind of butane, but you have to make sure that the canister you’re using for a refill has a long universal tip.
What about safety features?
Of course, they are also essential with these appliances, and the EurKitchen butane torch makes good use of them. There is a safety lock that is activated when the torch is turned off paired with a built-in finger guard that prevents any potential burns.
It is made of TUV CE premium-grade aluminum and ABS plastic. The result of this is a durable butane torch with an ergonomic and comfortable grip while you’re working with it.
The manufacturers provide a complete satisfaction guarantee. If this butane torch does not meet your expectations or you experience any problems, they offer a full refund or replacement, but we cannot really imagine this scenario.
With this butane torch, EurKitchen found a way to improve your culinary possibilities at an affordable price. We wholeheartedly recommend it!
- Easy to refill & use
- Suitable for all kitchen purposes
- Satisfactory gas volume (around 12 grams/0.4 fl. oz.)
- Rich with safety features
- Completely adjustable and continuous flame
- Excellent value for the price
- No cons here!
2. Kollea Butane Kitchen Torch Refillable Cooking Torch – Budget-friendly Pick
The Kollea butane torch is another torch made for kitchen (both professional and home) use that we wanted to review and present to you.
This cooking tool has a convenient gas dial for easy regulation of the flame that can get as long as 6 inches for the most delicate tasks, and can achieve the maximum temperature of 2500°F.
We tested the burning time it can last in this mode, and it was around 60 minutes, which is pretty amazing. Just think of everything you can make for that period!
The dial for flame adjustment is pretty intuitive to use – you turn it toward “+” counterclockwise to increase the flame, and toward “-” to decrease it.
What is also incredibly convenient is that you don’t have to hold the trigger to keep the torch running, but you rather press it at the same time with the lock button to begin and end the process.
In addition to the safe lock button, your safety is guaranteed with the anti-blaze technology in the neck of the torch that the manufacturers implemented, sometimes known as “Piezo press ignition technology.”
It is lightweight compared to most butane torches, and it is perhaps the most user-friendly.
The refill is a piece of cake, and you can use any brand of butane gas with a long nozzle. We liked how there is no space for guesswork, due to a gauge that allows you to check how much gas has remained.
In case you experience any problems, Koella provides you with a 45-day money-back guarantee plus a 24-month warranty on this product. Kudos to them!
- Instant ignition
- High temperature
- Easy to use
- Compatible with all brands of butane
- Long-lasting flame
- Low price
- The medium-strength flame wasn’t entirely consistent
3. Big Butane Torch, Zoocura Refillable Industrial Butane Torch – Best Semi-professional
Whereas the previous two picks were specifically for culinary use, here is a semi-professional butane torch that is excellent for both kitchen and craft purposes.
While it is one of the more expensive butane torches out there, it does offer all the qualities that are typically found in the priciest torches.
It successfully combines a stellar design with a unique twofold upper part that sprays powerful double flame and steady performance with a gas flow regulator in the form of a dial.
Just like the former two butane torches, the flame that this torch can create is up to 6 inches long, and the maximum temperature is 2500°F, even though the nature of the flame is a bit different.
If you’re wondering about the burning time, the maximum that we managed to get out of it is approximately 40 minutes. This isn’t great but also not terrible, and it is probably enough for any task anyway.
This double-flame makes it an excellent torch for soldering, welding, bending glass, and other semi-professional jobs, while it can also be used in the kitchen with lower settings.
Its construction really gives out a sense of reliability and durability: it is made of heavy-duty metal, and it comes with a sturdy detachable base, which prevents it from falling over.
Because of this, it is a bit heavier than your standard butane torch (28 grams compared to average 12 or so), but this also means that it doesn’t require a refill as often.
Coming with a 2-year warranty and money-back guarantee, we don’t feel like we need to say anything more about the Zoocura butane torch. It certainly deserves a chance!
- Sturdy and reliable
- Large capacity
- Powerful flame
- Detachable base
- 2-year warranty
- A bit pricey
4. Sondiko Butane Torch, Culinary Torch Refillable Kitchen Butane Torch – The Most Compact
The Sondiko butane torch is one of the best deals under $20 that you will find for your kitchen.
Despite being an older model, it offers anything you want of a good and reliable culinary butane torch: safety, durability, and functionality.
The aluminum alloy nozzle and the zinc alloy base are a perfect combination of materials, meaning that this butane torch will last for a very long time.
Safety features? Checked!
There is a long angled nozzle with a burn-free finger guard so that your hands are perfectly safe from the flame. Besides, it is controlled by the lock mechanism (yes, we’re again speaking about Piezo ignition technology).
By using the adjustable temperature regulator, you can adjust the flame temperature to reach up to 2500°F (1371°C), granted that the flame feels a bit less powerful than with other kitchen butane torches. Still, it will undoubtedly do the work, and that is a small compromise to make for such a great price.
As most of our picks, it is compatible with any butane brand that comes in a canister with the long universal refill tip.
We didn’t emphasize this, but we figured we might as well mention it here: this butane torch, just like all the others on our list, come without butane gas, and you have to fill them yourself. This is done because of safety reasons.
One thing that comes with this butane torch being the most compact one is that it has one of the smallest capacities, too, with 8g butane gas capacity.
Considering that it is as easy as ABC to refill it, this is not a significant flaw.
- Compact design
- Easily refillable
- Ergonomic grip
- Has a safety lock
- Holds a smaller amount of butane compared to some other torches
5. LEXIVON Butane Torch Multi-Function Kit – Best Professional-grade
While culinary butane torches are good for occasional soldering and welding, if you want an absolute king for these jobs, you might want to consider a professional-grade butane torch.
The Lexivon butane torch that comes in a handy kit won in this category because it smashed all of our tests with flying colors.
As its primary purpose are crafting and repair jobs, the highest length of the flame is not 6 inches, but you can adjust it between ½’’ to 2’’ inches instead. This does not mean, however, that your overall experience is less safe.
Quite the contrary – it is designed with an ignition stopper and meets the US CPSC requirements, which testifies to its safety and user-friendliness. Moreover, you can make use of the hands-free operation mode because it comes with the detachable base stand.
Unparalleled in its burning time capability, the Lexivon butane torch with its large capacity allows you to work for around 2 hours without interruption. Is there possibly anything that you cannot do in this time frame?
We doubt it. But if there is, the time it took us to refill this torch with butane gas (it accepts all brands) is only around 15 seconds, and you can get back to the job for another two hours.
Aside from the unit itself, you get six different tips for various jobs (soldering, cutting, shaping, hot air, wide blower, deflector tip), a sponge for maintenance, and a soldering kit with wrenches. And it all comes in a convenient case! You couldn’t possibly wish for more, really.
- The best professional butane torch
- Large capacity
- Flame lock-on function
- A case is included
- Heavy-duty metal construction
- On the heavier side
Factors To Consider When Buying A Butane Torch
We evaluated the following criteria during our rigorous testing process, and they are the ones you should pay attention to before the purchase.
- At our lab, we used the instant ignition feature test to determine whether a butane torch is going to pass the preliminary exam, and, ultimately, separate wheat from the chaff.
- But what do we mean by “instant ignition”?
- It means that you can turn on the butane torch, i.e., start the flame with a simple press of a button and turn it off in the same manner.
- There is no need for electric current, lighters, and what-not, just the press of the button and it’s on.
- The instant ignition, thus, makes this device easy to use.
- For even more convenience, we were inclined towards those butane torches that operate without a constant press on the button.
2. Burning Time
- This factor varies depending on what you’ll be using the butane torch for.
- If you’re going to use it for culinary purposes (melting cheese, caramelizing crème brûlée, etc.), this can be done very quickly, and the burning time of 40 minutes, which is the lowest for our picks, is more than enough.
- On the other hand, if you’re into creating a lot of jewelry or performing some daunting tasks, you might need a butane torch that can burn for more than an hour. Our best pick in this department can last for around 2 hours.
- Another axiom is that we do not accept butane torches without a flame adjustment switch.
- From there on, you can customize the length and intensity of the flame.
- The length measures in inches, and it goes from around half an inch to around six inches at maximum. Generally, you need a longer flame for delicate kitchen jobs.
- The intensity is usually the same for both culinary and professional-grade butane torches, and the maximum temperature that most torches can reach is 2500 °F (1371 °C).
4. Safety Features
- Working with such high temperatures requires butane torches to fulfill specific safety criteria upon our research.
- First and foremost, we consider the safety lock a mandatory requirement for safe user experience. It does not only keep you safe, as it prevents any flames after you turn off the torch and thus avoids accidents, but it also saves money because it prevents leaks.
- Additionally, professional-grade butane torches often come with a wide base that allows you to use it in a stable, hands-free mode.
A Bonus Section: How To Refill A Butane Torch?
We wanted to add a few handy tips on how to refill a butane torch:
- It is ideal to refill the torch outdoors, but if that’s not possible, make sure to do it in a well-ventilated room.
- Make sure that there are no ignition hazards near you (open flames, sparks, etc.).
- For all of the picks on our list, use butane gas canisters with a long nozzle.
- When you refill a butane torch, do not light it immediately after, as there may be some butane left in the air.
The procedure is quite simple, and it usually doesn’t take longer than 15 seconds:
- Turn the butane torch upside down and locate a small hole.
- Insert the nozzle of your chosen canister into the hole.
- Press it down.
- Once there is a sputtering sound, simply remove the nozzle.
Conclusion – Quick Picks
After you’ve read what you need to consider when buying a butane torch, it’s time to proclaim the winners.
Among all of the butane torches, the Lexivon butane torch has the most developed system when it comes to professional uses. It comes with six different tips, which means you can accomplish far more with it than with other torches.
If you need the best butane torch for your kitchen, the EurKitchen butane torch is for you.
Without having to pay big bucks to buy a high-quality butane torch rich with features, the budget-friendly Kollea butane torch costs less than all our other picks yet works equally well.