Top 5 Best Burger Presses 2021:
- Weston Burger Express Hamburger Press
- Meykers Burger Press 100 Patty Papers Set
- Cuisinart CSBP-100 3-in-1 Stuffed Burger Press
- Prepworks by Progressive Perfect Burger Press Set
- Grillaholics Stuffed Burger Press
Have you ever wondered what is the secret of perfectly-shaped, juicy burgers, no matter whether they are traditional beef, pork, or vegan?
While it may seem opaque, it is actually quite simple: the best way to make ideal burgers is to use burger presses to shape them.
Although it primarily affects the shape of your burger, another benefit is often overlooked – you retain the same consistency so that the burgers also cook consistently. We don’t have to emphasize how important it is to avoid foodborne illnesses.
Finding the best burger press is not really easy, as the market is full of products that aren’t worth your money. What we do is dig into the matter, try out products, and review those that showed to be the best for you.
Without further ado, let’s begin!
5 Best Burger Presses In 2021: Detailed Reviews
1. Weston Burger Express Hamburger Press – Best Overall
The Weston Burger burger press rose to the top of this list because it simply aced each category during our testing.
It presses your ground meat into perfectly shaped burgers that cook evenly and don’t fall apart.
Made of heavy-duty aluminum, it will withstand any kind of damage that may occur and will last for a long time. There is also a non-stick coating so that there are no leftovers. While this feature is paramount for a good shape of your burger, it also makes this press easy to clean.
Its versatility earned our respect, as well. The thickness of the patties is adjustable from ¼ to 1-½, and you can stuff it with ¼ pounds to ¾ of ground meat so that you can have your burger the way you like. The diameter of the base is 4 ½ inches.
The whole process is a no-brainer – you just need to spin the adjustment dial to the right for thinner, and to the left for thicker burgers.
The mechanism is that of a spring plunger button (a.k.a the patty ejector) that helps shape the patty and then pops up back so that you can remove it from the press.
We do not finish with our testing until we experiment a little bit. That’s how we found out that this press is also excellent for shaping sausage patties, crab cakes, and stuffed burgers.
By the way, you can get this burger press in its double version to make two patties at once and increase your productivity. If you make larger quantities of burgers, it is worth the extra bucks.
It’s good to know that you’re backed with a one-year warranty on this excellent burger press.
- Has a useful patty ejector
- Dishwasher safe
- It presses evenly
- The meat doesn’t stick
- None here!
2. Cuisinart CSBP-100 3-in-1 Stuffed Burger Press – Best for Stuffed Burgers
The Cuisinart stuffed burger press is for those of you who like gourmet, mouthwatering stuffed burgers.
The perfect press for a stuffed burger has to fill in additional criteria, as it is crucial that they don’t fall apart and that all the ingredients stick together.
Also, you don’t want them to turn out huge so that they won’t fit any bun.
This burger press manages to create such a perfect balance with a couple of its great features.
First and foremost, the base should be loaded with three ounces of meat, after which you use the upper part that leaves a bowl-like cavity at the top. When you load it with your favorite stuffing, you add another three ounces of meat and take the other, flat, upper part, to shape it.
The removal of the patty is easy – you just need to push it up from the bottom of the base.
As you can see, the size and thickness of the burger aren’t adjustable with this press, but honestly, this is the perfect ratio of meat and stuffings for a delicious stuffed burger.
Of course, if you want a regular patty, you can use the flat press right away, so it all comes down to the matter of preference. The total capacity of the press is ¾ lb.
- Easy to get the burger out of the press once it has been formed
- Stuffed burgers do not fall apart
- Meat doesn’t get stuck
- 3-in-1 (makes traditional or stuffed burgers & sliders)
- Do not wash it in the dishwasher; cast iron can rust
- It takes a bit to get used to the twist-lock handle
3. Meykers Burger Press 100 Patty Papers Set – Budget-Friendly Pick
The Meykers burger press is cheaper than comparable presses, and yet it gives you everything they do and even more.
If SpongeBob used a burger press to make Krabby Patties, this would be the one!
It creates perfect, neat patties that can cook evenly. Not only the patties are perfectly shaped, but they also look amazing with a grill-like pattern that the press leaves on your burger due to the ridges on its surface.
The cast aluminum of which the press is made has a non-stick coating, though you also get additional parchment papers (which I suggest you always use, not only with this press) for even easier removal of the burger once it’s shaped. And this is one of the rare purchases that includes 100 free papers!
By the way, the material is such that it withstands heat, and you can use the base directly as a roast plate.
Its compact design with a detachable plastic handle makes this burger press perfect for tossing in your trunk for a picnic and outdoor BBQ.
The installation process is a breeze – you just need to spin the handle into the hole, and you’re ready to go.
Finally, we want to note that the manufacturers provide you with a 100% satisfaction money-back guarantee, meaning you will get a refund if you aren’t satisfied with this press (though you will be).
- Easily transportable
- High-quality material
- Free parchment papers are included
- Fast cleanup
- Even patties with a professional-looking pattern
- Excellent for all kinds of burger
- There might be a need to experiment a little bit with meat quantity until you get the right amount that works for you
4. Prepworks by Progressive Perfect Burger Press Set – The Best Plastic
Burger presses have become a dime a dozen, but the Prepworks manages to stand out because it offers the whole set.
We found the Prepworks burger press set to deliver juicy and perfectly sized patties in a matter of seconds.
The press itself is made of plastic, and we can understand if you are a little bit skeptical about its quality when you hear this – so were we.
To dispel any doubts, we made sure to subject this press to even more rigorous testing than the other ones that were made of more durable material (that is, we tested it out more times).
It performed exquisitely, and it is enhanced with a non-stick coating to make sure that your patties aren’t damaged and that it is easy to clean afterward.
Who is this burger press set for?
The set is excellent for all professional cooks, as well as those of you who want to make larger quantities of burgers at once. It can press five ¼ lb patties and seven ⅓ lb patties at once.
You achieve this productivity due to the separating disks that keep the patties from sticking together. These are designed with a sort of dimples that leave a professional mark on your patties. It is easy to stuff the meat inside the press, as the measuring lines are marked on the side.
A Pro Tip: Position the separating disk so that the side with dimples is turned up – it will prevent the leakage of the natural meat juice.
Apart from the separating disks, you get two storage lids and a meat scoop for precise measurement. Counting in the press, base, and disks, you get a 13-piece set for the price of an average single burger press!
If you feel like you don’t need the whole set, you can opt to buy only the regular, single-patty Prepworks burger press.
- Dishwasher safe
- You get a whole set
- Excellent value for the price
- Sleek design
- Adjustable size of the patties
- High-quality plastic
- If you use this press without the parchment paper, sometimes the patty that is closest to the bottom may get stick
5. Grillaholics Stuffed Burger Press – The Best Premium
The Grillaholics burger press is as versatile as a burger press can get, sporting the 2-in-1 function, as you can make both stuffed burgers and patties with it.
Out of all the presses on our list, this is the closest one to get to the professional-grade, commercial burger press for restaurants and chefs.
The heavy-duty BPA-free construction is sturdy, and there is a non-stick finish for an easy cleanup process afterward. This one is also dishwasher safe!
With this purchase, you get a sturdy base, the removable lift plate with smooth ridges for a professional pattern, the indent press for stuffing, and the regular, flat press.
Another Tip: We know how difficult it is to make stuffed burgers that do not fall apart. We found that they are more consistent if you add two pre-measured balls of meat to the press (before and after stuffing) instead of multiple scoops.
Oh, and you also get a free Stuffed Burger Recipe ebook with over 99 recipes if you purchase this press on Amazon. While at it, our warm recommendations go to the “Avocado Me Stuffed Turkey Burger” and “Sweet and Spicy Hawaiian Pork Burger”!
You’re backed by a complete money-back lifetime guarantee (can get longer than that) with this burger press! It really instills confidence that a product is top-notch, doesn’t it?
- Professional-grade burger press
- Heavy-duty material
- Excellent ebook included
- Both for standard and stuffed patties
- The adjustable thickness of the patty
- It’s better to hand wash this press
Factors To Consider When Buying Burger Press
Finding the best burger press is the key to perfect burgers, but with so many options available, you can get stuck.
To prevent that outcome, we’ve compiled a list of factors you should consider before the purchase.
- Generally, there are two options regarding materials that you should accept when it comes to burger presses:
- Metal. Most often aluminum, it is of prime importance that it is FDA approved and food-safe. All of our picks are. Also, it’s desirable that it has a sort of a non-stick coating so that it is easier to clean up and that your patties aren’t damaged.
- Plastic. Generally, ground meat sticks to plastic more easily, so it’s vital that you get a model that is made of premium-grade plastic with a non-stick coating. Once more, our plastic picks fulfill that criterion.
- Again, no matter how non-stick material is, we always recommend that you use wax paper. It will be less messy because the press is not going to get greasy, and a rinse will be enough to clean it!
2. Uniformity Of Patties
- This was something that we assessed very strictly.
- The right press forms perfectly uniform patties each time, regardless of the kind of meat, number of patties, etc.
- Sure, the density of the patty may vary as you change the ingredients, but the shape should always remain the same when it comes out of the press.
- Also, consider getting a press that has a pattern on the upper side (some sort of a ribbing) that leaves a mark on your patty, so that you can achieve that premium seared look to your burgers.
3. Size Of Patties
- The diameter of the burger presses is usually the same, around 4 inches. This is the best option, and it fits most of the buns.
- On the other hand, it is good if the burger press enables you to adjust the patty thickness according to your preference.
- Whereas the measurements for stuffed burgers are more rigid, and the amount of meat is predetermined, regular burger presses allow you to determine the thickness.
4. Number Of Patties
- The more, the better – right?
- Of course! But burger presses are so quick and simple to use that you can make large quantities with a regular, single-patty burger press in a short period.
- If you prefer productivity, however, or need a burger press for your restaurant, there are double burger presses that – you guessed it – make two patties at a time.
- We even found and reviewed for you a press that can shape as many as seven patties with one press!
5. Ease Of Cleaning
- If the ground meat sticks to your press, it can get quite messy to clean.
- So, we’re back to the material – you want to choose the right one, that features a non-stick coating, and preferably use wax paper when you’re pressing.
- As all of our picks fulfill this criterion, we can further separate them into those that are and aren’t dishwasher safe.
- We don’t consider this factor primary, as we didn’t have trouble maintaining any of the top choices, but if it matters to you, we made sure to mention whether each of our picks is dishwasher safe.
Final Words & Recommendations
Owning the best burger press means you can enjoy your favorite burgers just about anywhere. These portable devices are ideal for picnics as well as for home use.
Based on hours and hours of testing, our pick for the best burger press overall is the Weston Burger Express press. It is incredibly durable, it has shaped dozens of perfect patties for us, and it offers a user-friendly ejector of the patty.
The Meykers burger press is ideal for folks who are shopping on a budget, as it earned the highest grades in all fields – including the price.
Finally, if you like to have a delicious stuffed burger, with melty cheese or onion in the middle, the Cuisinart CSBP-100 stuffed burger press is out there waiting for you.