Top 5 Best Broiler Pans 2021:
- Granite Ware Bake, Broil, and Grill Pan
- Nordic Ware Nonstick Broiler Pan Set
- Nordic Ware 42210 Toaster Oven 2-Piece Broiler
- Range Kleen Broiler Pans for Ovens – BP102X
- Farberware Nonstick Bakeware
So, you’ve finally decided to start eating healthy.
No more tasty pastries.
Farewell, fried chicken.
But, just because you want to eat healthy doesn’t mean you have to eat bland food. The internet is full of tasty, healthy recipes. What’s more, the market is full of kitchenware that can help you prepare healthy meals.
One such piece of kitchenware is the broiling pan. These pans are specially designed for cooking meals in the oven while using minimum amounts of oil or fat. Broiling pans also make sure that all the vitamins, nutrients, and minerals stay intact while cooking.
Unfortunately, the market is flooded with all kinds of broiling pans, and finding the best broiling pan for your needs can be quite tricky. This is especially true if you don’t know much about these products.
Thankfully, you’re in the right place! In this article, we’ve reviewed the five best broiling pans on the current market, and we’ve compiled a short buying guide.
If you don’t find our top five picks to your taste, you can always learn how to pick the best model for your needs if you skim through our guide. So, let’s jump into the reviews and continue from there!
5 Best Broiling Pans In 2021: Detailed Reviews
Here are our top five picks for the best broiling pan. We made sure to include models from all price points, so there is a model for every budget.
1. Granite Ware Bake, Broil, and Grill Pan – Editor’s Choice
When it comes to choosing broiling pans, the more versatile the model, the better. This is why the first place in our list goes to one of the most versatile broiling pans out there, The Granite Ware Bake Broil And Grill Pan.
As its name suggests, this broiling pan from kItchenware can do more things than just broil meat. And to make sure none of your food accidentally falls out of the pan while in the oven, this broiling pan comes with a catching pan. You can use it to make all kinds of meals. You can make lasagna, chicken roast, and so much more.
However, the main feature of this product is its ability to make your meat the right kind of brown. This pan will help you make the best roasted meat ever because its core is made out of carbon steel, a metal known for its excellent heat distribution.
The outer layer is built out of stainless steel that’s been coated with porcelain to ensure nothing sticks to it. This porcelain coating also makes maintenance very easy since you won’t have to spend much time scrubbing out any pieces of meat that got stuck to the pan.
- Excellent for cooking meat
- Easy to clean
- Nonstick surface
- Absolutely none
2. Nordic Ware Nonstick Broiler Pan Set – First Contender
A broiling pan doesn’t have to feature some crazy innovative design to be effective. Most of the time, a classic, time-proven works just fine. The Nordic Ware Nonstick Broiler pan set is a perfect example of this classic design. Let’s go more in-depth!
This set consists of a ribbed broiling rack and a drip pan, pretty basic. However, just because this set is pretty basic, it doesn’t mean it isn’t versatile. You can use this broiling pan to prepare all kinds of foods, from baking fish and meat cutlets to vegetables and healthy treats.
The Nordic Ware broiling pan is built out of aluminum, a metal that is well known for superb heat distribution. The best thing about aluminum is how fast it can take up heat. This means you won’t have to preheat the oven to get the baking going as soon as possible.
And since it’s coated with a special nonstick coating, not only you don’t have to worry about anything fusing with the pan, but it also makes cleaning it a breeze. The pan is dishwasher safe, but we recommend you wash it by hand to increase its longevity.
The only downside to this product is its size. This pan won’t be able to fit into some smaller ovens.
- Easy to maintain
- Dishwasher safe
- Won’t fit into some smaller ovens
3. Nordic Ware 42210 Toaster Oven 2-Piece Broiler – Most Affordable
Not everyone needs a broiling pan that costs upwards to fifty dollars and can fit an entire chicken. The Nordic Ware 42210 Toaster Oven 2-Piece Broiler is purpose-made for those who like cooking food in their toaster ovens or like taking RV trips.
Even though it’s super-affordable, this broiling pan is still quite versatile. It consists of a drip pan and a broiling grill, which means you can use it to prepare all kinds of food. You can use it to broil everything from hotdogs to vegetables.
To make things as easy on you as possible, the pan features a nonstick coating. So, not only you don’t have to worry about anything sticking to the pan, but it’s also incredibly easy to clean. Unfortunately, this broiling pan isn’t dishwasher safe, but who has a dishwasher in their RV.
The best thing about this product is how lightweight it is. This makes it a perfect choice for those who like taking RV trips since it won’t bog you down so much.
The only issue we have with this product is how small it is. The Nordic Ware 42210 offers only 8.5 by 6.5 inches of cooking space. This means you’ll only be able to make smaller portions of food or snacks.
- Easy to clean
- Easy to use
- Too small
4. Range Kleen Broiler Pans for Ovens – BP102X – Best For Large Households
Do you have a large family? Are you the type of person that just can’t make small portions of food? If the answer to any of these questions was yes, then you might be interested in Range Kleen Broiler Pan BP102X.
The Range Kleen broiling pan measures 15×12.5×1.6 inches. This means you can make quite a lot of food with it. You can place a couple of pork chops or half a dozen chicken drumsticks with no problems at all.
Of course, you don’t have to limit yourself with just meat. You can also use this broiling pan to make tasty treats, lasagna, and even rolls. No matter what type of food you make with it, you can rest assured it won’t get too messy because the pan features a nonstick coating.
One of the best things about the Range Kleen is that it can withstand temperatures of up to 1025 degrees Fahrenheit. Don’t worry about warping or deforming. Just crank up the heat and relax.
The only downside to this product is the nonstick coating. Unfortunately, This coating can easily chip and scratch. This is why we recommend you wash it by hand use with mild soap and a sponge.
- Large cooking area
- Easy to clean
- The nonstick coating easily chips
5. Farberware Nonstick Bakeware – Most Versatile
The last place in our list goes to one of the most innovative broiling pans we’ve had the pleasure of using. The Farberware features an elevated flat rack and chrome-plated handles. Thanks to this elevated flat rack, your meals will come out of the oven healthy and perfectly broiled.
Besides the design, another thing that really surprised us is how durable this pan is. It’s built out of heavy-duty stainless steel. While this metal isn’t just well known for excellent heat distribution, it’s also incredibly heavy. While this ensures longevity, you will have trouble cleaning it because of how heavy it is.
No matter what type of food you’re broiling, you can rest assured it will come out perfect. This is because the design of this broiling pan ensures the heat reaches evenly around. This is why this broiling pan is so versatile since it’ll evenly cook everything from the thickest pieces of meat to the delicate vegetables.
Even though the Farberware Nonstick Bakeware is dishwasher safe, we recommend you wash it by hand to increase its longevity. Of course, one or two dishwasher sessions won’t hurt it, which is very good to know because this pan is really bulky and awkward to hold.
- Innovative design
- Large cooking area
- Too heavy
What Is A Broiling Pan, And Why Do You Need One?
If you’re thinking about switching to a healthier lifestyle, you might wanna get a broiling pan.
Broiling reduces the percentage of fat in meat, making your meal that much healthier.
Whatsmore, unlike regular cooking pans, a broiling pan doesn’t require oil to cook your meals. And how is that possible? Well, it’s possible broiling pans work at high temperatures to cook your food. Of course, you can add some olive oil to enhance the taste of the dish, or you can just let it soak in its own natural juices.
Compared to grilling, broiling has a lot of benefits. First of all, it’s way healthier, so all the dishes prepared with a broiling pan can be added to your diet plan. The whole cooking process is a lot faster and more straightforward with a broiling pan. It takes less preparation, and you don’t need any oil to cook the food. Furthermore, after you’re done with cooking, the cleaning up afterward will be much easier.
When talking about the food you can prepare with a broiling pan, it’s not just meat like chicken or steak.
Most broiling pans on the market are very versatile when it comes to the food you can cook. This basically means that you can cook any food you imagine, from meat and fish to vegetables and fruits. Also, broiling is a fantastic way of cooking, even when it comes to thin slices of meat. You can be sure that everything will be perfectly cooked.
Broiling pans usually have a simple design and are very easy to use. A broiling pan consists of two parts: a rack and a pan. The rack is the part that actually cooks the food, while the pan is there to catch any dripping from the food.
The weight, shape, size, and configuration of a broiling pan depend on the brand you choose. The design can vary from a traditional broiling pan to a creative, more modern design. It’s totally up to you which style you prefer.
When it comes to the material of broiling pans, you can choose between cast iron, steel, ceramic, and aluminum. No matter which material you choose, it won’t have much impact on the quality and taste of the food you’re preparing.
5 Factors You Need To Consider Before You Buy A Broiling Pan
Before you make the final decision, here are 5 things to consider to buy the best broiling pan for your needs.
- The size of the broiling pan is the first and most crucial thing to consider before buying a broiling pan. The most important thing to keep in mind is the size of your oven in mind when buying.
- If you usually cook large meals, a larger broiling pan is the best choice. But if you are a traveler or prepare meals just for yourself, a smaller and more compact broiling pan is the better choice.
- Some of the broiling pans you’ll stumble upon will seem perfect, but once you take it home, you’ll see that the pan won’t fit in the oven. We recommend you to measure the free space in your oven, and then decide which broiling pan you’ll buy.
2. Cleaning And Maintenance
- Since you’ll be using the broiling pan a lot, you surely want it to be easy to clean after the cooking is done. Most broiling pans can be washed in the dishwasher, but it’s always better to wash them by hand.
- You’ll be able to clean the broiling pan more thoroughly if you wash it by hand. Also, it’ll be a lot easier to maintain. Cleaning the broiling pan every time in the dishwasher will have a significant impact on the longevity of the pan.
- This is why we recommend you look for a broiling pan that is easy to wash by hand and simple to maintain.
- The material of which the broiling pan is made of doesn’t have much impact on the taste and quality of the food you’re preparing. However, it plays an essential role in durability, strength, and overall design.
- Broiling pans are usually made from cast iron, steel, ceramic, or aluminum. Since all metals offer efficient heat retention, the basic material itself isn’t that important, but the second layer is. The second layer of the material dictates if your food will stick to the broiling pan or not.
- We recommend looking for a broiling pan that has a second layer made from aluminum, or one with a porcelain surface because they provide the non stick properties.
- Not all broiling pans are made the same. This is why some models are more versatile than others.
- Some broiling pans are specially designed for preparing only meat, while others are meant to be used just for snacks. That might not be what you are looking for.
- If you don’t want to be limited to just one kind of food, choose a broiling pan that can be used for preparing all types of dishes.
- There are various designs of broiling pans on the market. The design is mainly decided by the brand you choose. Some brands offer more creative and modern designs, while others stick to the traditional looks of a broiling pan. This feature is totally up to you and what you prefer more.
- However, there are some general directions on what you should look for.
- We recommend you choose a broiling pan that has a drip tray and wide enough holes to not get clogged. Also, it would be wise to get a pan with a nonstick surface, as well as wider space holes. These types of broiling pans are a lot easier to clean.
Our Final Word
Before you head out and start cooking healthy, we still have to tally up the results.
If you’re looking for the best broiling pan on the market, look no further than Granite Ware Bake, Broil, and Grill Pan. This product is not just durable, it’s also incredibly versatile and incredibly easy to clean thanks to the ceramic coating.
You can’t go wrong with classic design, which is why the second place in our list goes to Nordic Ware Nonstick Broiler Pan Set. Even though it features a classic design, this broiling pan is quite versatile and, most importantly, durable.
And if you’re on a tight budget or looking for a nice piece of kitchenware for your RV, we recommend you go for the Nordic Ware 42210 Toaster Oven 2-Piece Broiler. Even though it’s quite small, it’s still quite versatile. You won’t have any trouble broiling any type of food with it.