Top 5 Best Blenders For Green Smoothies 2021:
- COSORI Blender for Shakes & Smoothies
- Blendtec Total Countertop Blender
- Herrchef Personal Blender for Shakes and Smoothies
- Oster Blender Pro 1200 with Glass Jar
- New House Kitchen Immersion Hand Blender
We can’t even begin to describe just how glad we are that smoothies have finally earned their place in the grand hierarchy of popular foods. Just a couple of years ago, they were reserved only for hard-core fitness enthusiasts.
Now, they are a staple of healthy nutrition, earning their spot even in the shows of such famous chefs like Jamie Oliver. Well deserved, we must say. Being stacked with healthy ingredients and packing everything you need to stay energized, green smoothies are everything you need to start a high-octane day.
But, how do you get that fabled, perfect smoothie?
This is the topic where things start to get a bit complicated. Namely, a lot of blenders you can find in the store are either too loud for the morning use or do a poor job chopping the greens fine enough. Or they are simply horrible.
Allow us then to take a look at some of the most popular units on the market and try to find the best blender for green smoothies the money can buy.
5 Best Blenders For Green Smoothies In 2021: Detailed Reviews
1. COSORI Blender for Shakes & Smoothies – Best Blender Overall
Now, this is a rock-solid green smoothie blender if we ever saw one. Seriously, we had to dig hard and deep to find any flaws with this neat piece of kitchenware, and we only got so-so results.
What made such a great impression on us? Well, pretty much everything starting with the build quality. The whole unit is made from hard plastic that looks like it can survive hell and high water, which is always lovely to see. The stainless steel blades are razor-sharp, the main cup packs glorious 60 ounces (, and you even get an additional 20-oz travel bottle.
So, everything is covered in the hardware department.
What do you get in terms of performance? Here, things are not shabby, either. The dial at the center of the control panel will help you to easily adjust the speed settings, and the pulse switch runs as smooth as it gets.
When you finally put the unit to use, you will see that the performance is silent and effortless, even if you throw frozen fruits and ice cubes into the mix (courtesy of the noise reduction pad you put on the top) as well as a self-cleaning feature.
What you get when you sum all these things up is one rock-solid performance coming at a very lucrative price.
What about the minor drawbacks we have mentioned earlier? We would like to see more programmable options and a couple of more Watts. But that’s it.
- Excellent build quality
- Great performance
- Additional travel cup
- Self-cleaning feature
- The motor could be a bit more powerful
2. Blendtec Total Countertop Blender – Best Premium Blender
Premium products do not always offer premium performance. We are more than glad to report that this is not one of those products. Sure, you may feel slightly discouraged by the hefty price tag hanging on this package, but rest assured – in this case, the sum you are asked to pay is well-earned.
But, let us mention a couple of minor flaws before we move on to wholesale praise.
Although we are pleased that the cup you get is ginormous (90 ounces are more than enough for 4-6 persons), we can’t deny it feels a bit heavy and hard to use. Also, the unit tends to be somewhat noisy, especially when you mix frozen veggies with ice.
That is where the list of drawbacks ends. And, even with them in mind, we have to point out that the engine is indeed potent and runs smooth. Also, the cup features a pretty useful reading scale that allows you to always know how much liquid you have inside.
The controls area great (you have a couple of preprogrammed options that make blending considerably more comfortable), the materials are rock-solid, and, just like in the previous package, you get one incredibly neat travel bottle with 24-ounce blending capacity.
Oh yeah, we have to mention that, although the product is missing a self-cleaning feature, the square design of the bowl makes maintenance a breeze.
So, we are more than pleased with this one.
- Premium build quality
- Large-capacity jug
- 24-ounce travel bottle
- A bunch of blending options
- Somewhat noisy
3. Herrchef Personal Blender for Shakes and Smoothies – Best Affordable Blender
Some people would look at this product and dismiss it without taking a second glance. But, we grant you that when you see the price hanging on this package, you will change your mind. Yes, this blender sells at bargain bin price, and even if it lacks some essential features, it packs killer price-value ratio.
Let us, however, start with the positives. Putting the incredibly low price aside, we must admit that this small blender is very well made. The plastic feels solid, and two 20-oz bottles you get in the package (both of them come with travel lids) are solid and fun to use.
Also, although the complex controls are all but absent, a one-touch control panel will allow you to prepare all sorts of mixes in no longer than 10 seconds. In other words, the simplicity does not come at the expanse of the functionality.
Of course, all parts used for blending (stainless steel blade and plastic jugs) are dishwasher-safe, so you won’t have to spend too much effort on cleaning.
Now, let’s move to some of the less flattering aspects of this product. First and foremost, with only 350 Watts on disposal, the motor feels noticeably underpowered. Sure, you will be able to blend softer fruits and veggies, but you can forget about ice and more solid ingredients.
Also, we could live with more silent performance. But hey, the price is a real killer.
- Excellent price-value ratio
- Two jugs in the package
- Streamlined controls
- Well put together
- Underpowered motor
- Noisy performance
4. Oster Blender Pro 1200 with Glass Jar – Best Blender with Glass Jar
Some people are on the fence about glass blender jars. Others adore them. If you feel you belong to the latter group, you will be glad to know that this unit rocks.
Sure, the blade is a bit lackluster. As a matter of fact, from what we got the opportunity to see, we can assume that ice and frozen veggies will tear it down in the long run. And granted, the 1200-Watt motor could be a bit more powerful.
But, this is yet another blender that features an incredibly affordable price, so we are more than willing to look away from these drawbacks and shift focus to positives. And there are a lot of positives. For instance, the main glass jug packs 24 ounces of sheer convenience. The handle is excellent, everything is easy to clean, and we got nothing but enjoyment out of it.
Also, the package includes a nice travel bottle that launches the value proposition of the whole thing right into the stratosphere.
In terms of available blending options, it doesn’t take more than a passing look at the unit’s control panel to see that every single thing that crosses your mind will be available with one touch.
So, in spite of some minor flaws, we had a really good time with this blender. Take into consideration.
- Very affordable
- A lot of blending options
- Two jugs in the package
- Consistent performance
- Slightly underpowered
- Soft blade
5. New House Kitchen Immersion Hand Blender – Best Handheld Blender
Last but not least, we have one handheld blender for all of you that have a casual view on the whole smoothie issue. Comparing it head to head with other contenders of this roundup wouldn’t be entirely fair – handheld blenders feature way too many inherent limitations.
But, take an honest look at the unit the way it was designed to be, and you will find a lot of things to enjoy here.
First of all, the blender features one excellent ergonomic handle that will allow you to maintain a firm grip even when you plow through some of the more solid ingredients. And with the 300-Watt motor, you will be able to do that. Even in this roundup, we had an opportunity to see some full-size units that have just a bit more power than this small, compact beast.
The controls are easy to master and even easier to use, and the stainless steel blade feels solid enough to tackle ingredients like ice without ending up bruised.
And then there are some inherent advantages of handheld blenders – storage is a joke and the fewer parts you have to worry about, the better.
On the other hand, the unit does feel a bit pricey for its market segment (real quality always comes at a price), and the handle tends to become very warm when used in the long run.
Still, we have nothing but praises.
- Great design and build quality
- Razor-sharp blade
- Excellent ergonomics
- Easy to use two-speed settings
- Gets warm in the long run
- Tad bit expensive
Things You Need To Consider To Get The Best Blender For Green Smoothies
Now that we got an opportunity to take a good look at all the units competing for the title of the best blender for green smoothies, it’s time to answer the big question – which one of them is the best?
Before we declare the winner of the roundup, we need to set some standards we will use to rank them, and we will do that by going through some of their most important features.
The other reason we are going to compose this short buying guide is that not all of us share the same habits and nutritional needs. The enjoyment you will get from one of these units will largely depend on your expectations and what do you want to get from them.
So be sure to check everything we are going to cover below. Learning more about blender features and different options you can find on the market can only help you find the ideal pick for your kitchen.
1. The Type Of Blender
- Most of the blenders you can find on the store shelves (virtually 99% of them) can be divided into two different groups based on their type. And, as you can guess, both these groups have their own pros and cons. So, let’s break them down for you:
- Immersion blenders – These units are simple handheld devices of an elongated shape with a small blade at its bottom end you use by immersing it in the container and grinding the greens inside. They are very affordable and easy to maintain but not quite the champions in terms of performance.
- Stationary blenders – Stationary blenders are a whole deal. They feature a blow with blades that attaches to the power base that gets the job done. All you have to do is to get your green power fuel is press the button or turn the dial. However, this convenience usually comes at the expense of price and ease of maintenance.
2. The Size Of The Bowl
- This consideration can be easily summed up to one question – how much green smoothie you want to get in one run. If you are living alone or preparing the smoothie only for you, one decently sized bowl will provide you with everything you need for a healthy start of the day.
- Preparing these cocktails for 3-4 people will require something considerably more substantial. Well, at least if you don’t want to clean the cup after each use and stay in the kitchen forever. Keep in mind, though, that in this case, top-loaders are probably not the best choice.
3. The Power/Noise Level
- This is a common pitfall of bargain-bin units. Namely, some green smoothie recipes feature solid fruits like apples and even ingredients like ice. The blenders that lack the power (below 1000 Watts) will struggle while grinding them and produce an awful level of unpleasant noise.
- A bit more pristine options, though, feature powerful motors (1500+ Watts) that run silently and efficiently. You get the idea of what is the better option out of the two.
4. The Materials
- Here we are talking primarily about the bowl. Still, you should try to get the unit with the power base made from solid plastic that can survive a couple of rough landings – it happens in the kitchen haze. Also, the knives made of stainless steel have a distinct advantage over all other alternatives, so put them on your wish list.
- But, going back to the cup – the two main options you get to choose from are plastic and glass. Obviously, glass represents a more premium option and is very easy to clean. But, they are also far more prone to damage.
- And, although plastic bowls can pick up some stains and don’t look as pristine, their durability gives them an advantage in this regard.
5. Ease Of Maintenance
- Most of the materials we have covered above are dishwasher-friendly, so we can say that blenders are inherently easy to maintain. But, why would you settle for good when you can get excellent?
- We are, of course, talking about the units that feature self-cleaning mode. How does that work, you might ask? Well, you only need to fill the bowl with hot water, add a drop dishwasher into the mix, turn the mode on, and you can skip your dishwasher altogether.
6. Special Features
- Green smoothie blenders are very basic units, so they are rarely stacked with some exciting or interesting features. But, every now and then, they tend to throw a couple of useful additions into the mix to keep the things fresh.
- We are talking about different speed settings, nozzles for grinding nuts and coffee, preprogrammed programs for different cocktails, etc.
- The more you get of them, the better. But, keep in mind that all these novelties tend to ramp up the price and draw the attention away from the actual performance.
Final Thoughts And Recommendations
And now that we went through all the contenders and gave you up the small buying guide that will help you find your ideal match, let’s see what is, in our honest opinion, the best blender for green smoothies on the market.
As usual, the competition was fierce. But, we managed to narrow down the top three picks.
Best blender overall: COSORI Blender for Shakes & Smoothies
- This blender offers numerous perks and has very little disadvantages. And when you take into account excellent build quality and incredibly affordable price, you will see why we put it on the number one spot. Sheer smoothie excellence wrapped into one beautiful package.
Best premium blender: Blendtec Total Countertop Blender
- If the previous product had one flaw that was the somewhat limited capacity. Well, this bad boy will allow you to prepare smoothies for the entire 6-member family in one run without breaking a sweat. Sure, the price may be a bit high for an average consumer, but at least you get a lot of good things in return.
Best affordable blender: Herrchef Personal Blender for Shakes and Smoothies
- We could just as easily show you the price of this blender and declare it an easy budget pick. But, that would do it a disservice? Why? The unit is way too good to rely on the price alone. Although the engine could be a bit more powerful, we were more than pleased with the overall performance.