The baking time for the cookies will depend on the size you make them. I aim for a good sized tablespoon of dough!
NOTE: I know you can’t see the Bacon chunks in the picture of the cookies, but, don’t fret..you’ll get that BACON-Y awesomeness once you dig in! Also, if you choose to make a HUGE mistake and not use bacon in this dish, the cookies will just be …delicious and not RIDICULOUSLY DELICIOUS.
- 1C Coconut Oil
- 3/4C Coconut Sugar
- 9 Eggs
- 1TSP Vanilla Extract
- 1/4TSP Sea Salt
- 1/2TSP Baking Soda
- 1/2C Coconut Flour
- 1C Almond Flour (I make my own in a Vitamix)
- 1C Shredded Coconut
- 2C Enjoy Life Chocolate Chips or Chunks
- 1LB Bacon, chopped
Equipment: Mixing Bowl, Spatula, Whisk, Silicone Baking Sheet
- BACON: Line a baking sheet with foil and place bacon strip down on one layer, place in oven and set to 400 degrees. Cook for about 15-18 minutes. You don’t want the Bacon overcooked or too crispy.
- Remove pan from oven, remove Bacon from pan and set on paper towel.
- Once cool, chop Bacon.
- Set Oven to 355 degrees.
- Combine all dry ingredients in mixing bowl (Salt, Coconut Flour, Almond Flour, Shredded Coconut, Baking Soda) and whisk together thoroughly.
- In a separate bowl, combine your Eggs, Coconut Sugar, and Vanilla and mix with a fork.
- Melt your Coconut Oil in the microwave.
- Combine melted Coconut Oil and Egg mixture in with dry ingredients and stir.
- Stir in Chocolate Chips & Chopped Bacon.
- Spoon a large TBSP of dough onto a Silicone Baking Sheet and place on center rack. Keep an eye from 15 minutes on. You can choose when to pull them depending on your preferred tenderness.
- Once your cookies are done, let them rest for 5-10 minutes so you don’t burn your tongue on the scorching chocolate!