These are a nice quick treat. And if you’re like me and love raw bars (larabars when I’m in the US and emma and tom’s bars when I’m in Australia) then you’ll love being able to make them on your own. Also, I’ve called these “simple” date balls because the ingredients in these ones are what I tend to always have on hand, but feel free to mix it up. You can use any nuts you like, add chocolate, coconut, different dried fruits, honey etc.
- 1 & 1/2 cups dates (I like to soak them in boiling water for about 10 minutes to soften them)
- 1 cup raw almonds
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Feel free to experiment with different ingredients, I often use cashews, shredded coconut, honey, nut butters, raisins, dried goji berries, dark chocolate etc!
- In your food processor blend the almonds until they’re chopped into small pieces
- Add all remaining ingredients and blend until it becomes one big clump stuck together
- Roll into balls and serve or refrigerate for later